Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
In full disclosure I post this.
I recently sold a Leupold scope to a fellow CampFirer here on.
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
We settled on a price and off went the scope to the fellow CampFirer.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
If so I will let you all know.
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Long live Leupold & Stevens - a fine American company.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good news. I've only ever had to return one out of about 20. The front lens came a little loose in an M8 6x36. The Australian Leupold warranty service fixed it and it came back like new.

J
JJF Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I've owned a few Leupold scopes over the years. The only Leupold scope I had to send in for repair was a 6x42 FXIII that finally fogged up about 10 years after it fell 20' out of my treestand and hit a cypress knee. Leupold repaired it free of charge. (PS. No, the rifle on which it was mounted was not loaded when it fell.)

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
VG, you are stand up brother.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’ve had one Leupold handgun scope on a 357 maximum contender fail. Leupold fixed it free inside of a month.
I’m guessing I’ve owned 25 or so Leupolds.

Last edited by dale06; 01/26/21.

NRA Patron
IC B2

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’ve had newer ones fail but never the older US made ones

GOD Bless America
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Which ones aren’t made in the US?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I sent back the only one that I have ever owned-TWICE! I then got rid of it and won't buy another. Not impressed. Other options.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I love Leupold scope. But I had to send one scope in three times for erector replacement. I was using the air rifle scope and the spring gun was blowing erector apart. The last time they told me no more. I put it on a rimfire and have had no problems. I own several LPS scopes and I think they are the best hunting optic you can buy In MyOpinion

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I can’t believe Slum called you out

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Ive sent one scope back, a VX3i that has a chipped objective lens that was done by the previous owner. They repaired for free and sent back about 4 weeks later. I had a 12 year old pair of binos(Windrivers Green RingI think) that the eyecup finally gave out. I asked them to send me a new eye cup but they told me to send them in, 3 weeks later they said they could not be repaired and sent me a replacement pair....BX3 Mojave HD which were top of the line at the time. Buddy of mone lost his adjustment cap at the range, they sent 2 for free.

Leupolds CS has kept me buying their product. My kids guns all get Leupolds knowing that they will be the last scope they ever have to buy. I've never had one fail on a hunt. When you compare everything side by side, Leupold is hard to beat. I can own any optic I want and my first choice is still the VX6 2-12, probably my favorite hunting scope ever.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
PaulBarnard: Well thank you for those kind words!
I appreciate them and you for posting them.
I always try to treat all CampFirers with kindness and respect until they go out of their way to be immature, infantile, disrespectful and offensive - then all bets are off.
I would rather share experiences and opinions with fellow and lady CampFirers than insults and crudeness!
I have always stood up for Leupold products and always stated, here and other places, if a Leupold scope ever failed me I would publicly announce it - it happened and I did what I said I would.
By the way I had 24 scopes for sale this past weekend at an Idaho gunshow and I sold 10 of my own and one for a friend of mine - all 11 of those sold scopes were "Leupolds"!
They were on my table right amongst scopes made by Redfield, Weaver, Burris and Nikon but the no nonsense Hunter type folks from northern Idaho sure went for the Leupolds!
I know my confidence in Leupold has NOT been shaken.
Long live Leupold & Stevens a fine American company.
Thanks again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Leupolds are junk . They don’t sight in worth a damn and it’s not because you’re not using a steel 100 yard tape. Sheesh .hold into the urinal.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The scope was a gloss Leupold 3x9 with adjustable objective. The scope had come to me on a Rifle and I replaced said scope before ever using it.
The scope sat with me for some time (years) until I saw our fellow CampFirer wanted one of these.
Once to him he discovered a problem with one of the windage adjustments and notified me immediately.
I sent back the fellow CampFirers monies PLUS an additional $20.00 for his time and trouble.
When I got the scope back I saw what his complaint was about and immediately (and for the first time in my life!) sent the scope to Leupold & Stevens Company enclosing with the scope the handy downloadable page for information on the scopes problem and my shipping information.
Well this morning the Leupold people sent me an E-mail saying the scope would be repaired and giving the time frame to it being returned to me (within 5 weeks of its receipt last week).
I was hoping the Leupold folks would elaborate on what was wrong /what happened with this scopes adjuster (feels locked up) so I could relay it to the CampFire but they did not - maybe it will be explained with the scopes return?
So after way more that half a centuries worth of using Leupold scopes (way more than 100 of these!), binoculars, spotting scopes and compass's I have experienced my first "failure".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Like ive said many times. You dont use your chidt. You are one of the ones that subtly boasts about how many rifles you have with leupold scopes, yet , "have never had a single failure". I guarantee there are many more bad ones in the heap pile you have.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I sent my second one in yesterday. A VariX 11 3x9 that I have used for 25 years on some kickers. Windage failed. Cost me a nice buck.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Like ive said many times. You dont use your chidt. You are one of the ones that subtly boasts about how many rifles you have with leupold scopes, yet , "have never had a single failure". I guarantee there are many more bad ones in the heap pile you have.

I’d love to like them myself but anymore if it isn’t a 6X Leupold I won’t mess with it. I’ve spent a decent amount of postage sending them back to Oregon. Some of them went back a couple times before I sold them.

Semper Fi
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I have owned many Leupold scopes, and have sent several back for repair over the years. No complaints here. As Mule Deer says, it's not a matter of if your scope will fail, it's a matter of when it will fail. Scopes do break.

NRA Endowment Life Member, G.O.A supporter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
, it's not a matter of if your leupold scope will fail, it's a matter of when it will fail. Scopes do break.

So true.
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I have sent two 2-7x33 and one M8 4x back, all because they would no longer adjust one way or another. I used the heck out of them, the older friction adjust style 4 powers are tough scopes. But everything eventually needs some work.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
3 out of 30 for me.
Those that failed were brand new and two w AO.
One replaced, other two fixed.
No probs after.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
724 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 65 invisible), 2,946 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.