Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Like I say, I just think there’s got to be a way to more evenly distribute the ammo sales and I feel it starts with how it’s being sold

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I picked up a couple 50 round boxes of 9mm from Sportsmans Warehouse for $15 each last weekend. Everyone knows when the trucks come in and the line is long the first morning after the truck... They said they get 3 or 4 thousand of each primer type, except small pistol primers... they cant find those either. They limit primers to 1000 a person and of course they are gone to the first 15 people in the doors. They get powder and ammo the same way. I went snowmobiling instead of waiting in line because I am set pretty well. On sunday I went in to check and see what the shelves looked like and they were still slowly putting out some of the 9mm etc. I figured I might as well get a couple boxes (the limit) while I was there.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
Like I say, I just think there’s got to be a way to more evenly distribute the ammo sales and I feel it starts with how it’s being sold

Don't worry, Biden will be here with his Great New Ammo Deal soon enough......to hell with the free market!

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
A tightly monitored list or logbook of ammunition purchased and ammunition shot so as to ensure that everyone is the same and nobody has more than another. Maybe you can exchange empty cases for an equal number of loaded rounds in the same caliber.

Of course I’m being completely sarcastic and I don’t think that any system of controls meant to make ammo distribution equitable and prevent “hoarding” is needed or desirable. If you can’t fend for yourself or if you lack the benefit of foresight and you’re currently finding yourself severely lacking then that’s on you, it ain’t my fault you’re unprepared, it’s natural selection. Those of us that have been prescient enough to have read the writing on the wall have prepared ourselves for shortages and have, through the years, amassed a sufficient amount of stores to get us by in the long-short term. Whether it’s non-GMO seeds, canning supplies, ammo or any myriad of “essentials” many of us have made preparations for the day when the shelves are empty. We dealt with the insults of being a “prepper” and the minimization of our efforts and forethought, not to mention the expense and labor involved.

If you’ve got all your bases covered for food (garden and ‘livestock’), shelter, clean water, heat, fuel and first aid for acute and chronic care and you’re last item is ammunition.....you’ll be fine. There’s enough ammunition available that with time and patience you’ll be fine. If you don’t have the aforementioned items covered then ammunition should be your last concern, you don’t have anything worth defending anyway.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only change that would work, would be for all of the shooting public to be willing to pay more so that someone within the supply chain would be willing to carry/warehouse inventory.

NOBODY is going to sit on a "slush-fund" of loaded ammo except the end user. The end users are sitting on somewhere between "None" and "Holy JUMPIN' CATFISH!!".

Consumers have proven time and again that they're not willing to pay businesses extra to cover the costs of carrying inventory. When inventory is normal, there are folks who won't even pay full-price. They wait for the pre-season sale or post-season clearance.

Consumers bear the costs of carrying inventory themselves by buying surplus when it's available.

Margins in most ammo are dogschist to begin with. Often times running $1-$2 off/box pre-season the retailers are using that ammo as a loss-leader to get you in the door.

I don't sell stuff in times like this, not at any price. I have a very few close friends that if they're short and I have what they need, I give it to them with the understanding that they'll replace it when supply is available again. I don't cheat them, they don't short me and those same friends would be willing to work the same deal with me should I be short something.

Last edited by horse1; 01/26/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dale06
Some people did not prepare.

Been preparing since the Clinton years. If you didn't see this coming then, you've been living with your head up your ass.

War is coming.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Originally Posted by dale06
Some people did not prepare.

Been preparing since the Clinton years. If you didn't see this coming then, you've been living with your head up your ass.

War is coming.

My thoughts exactly!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nebraska

Don't worry, Biden will be here with his Great New Ammo Deal soon enough......to hell with the free market!

You're assuming it's going to continue being allowed to be sold under Illegit Joe's regime.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=Valsdad]Everyone just wait until the new powers that be get us re-involved in a few places like Afghanistan and Iraq. /quote]

Wars are cool, and you know it!

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
I know lots of people may overreact to this question but it’s been on my mind a lot lately. I just keep wondering if there’s anyway they could disperse ammo sales more evenly or rationally to prevent hoarding and avoid these times like we are currently experiencing? I just keep thinking there’s got to be a way to avoid these shortages and not having hunting ammo readily available to consumers at all times. Does anyone else wonder about this? I buy when times are good but I still don’t like the feeling of not being able to go buy ammo for my favorite hunting rifles if I wanted to. It’s getting to the point that I wonder if it’ll ever recover! People aren’t afraid to pay the ignorant prices and will keep stashing it away I’m thinking. There’s got to be an answer.

So you want to give control of the civilian ammo supply over to the Biden Administration?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Ten rounds at a time?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I know lots of people may overreact to this question but it’s been on my mind a lot lately. I just keep wondering if there’s anyway they could disperse ammo sales more evenly or rationally to prevent hoarding and avoid these times like we are currently experiencing? I just keep thinking there’s got to be a way to avoid these shortages and not having hunting ammo readily available to consumers at all times. Does anyone else wonder about this? I buy when times are good but I still don’t like the feeling of not being able to go buy ammo for my favorite hunting rifles if I wanted to. It’s getting to the point that I wonder if it’ll ever recover! People aren’t afraid to pay the ignorant prices and will keep stashing it away I’m thinking. There’s got to be an answer.

So you want to give control of the civilian ammo supply over to the Biden Administration?

Beto for Ammo Czar!!! Idjut.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It's not pretty but the black market serves the purpose of finding the real price for the actual supply and demand.

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
[quote=Valsdad]Everyone just wait until the new powers that be get us re-involved in a few places like Afghanistan and Iraq. /quote]

19 or so years in Afghanistan.

Did we win yet?

Russians were there what, about 10 years?

Brits were there for awhile too, I think they ended up leaving.

Seems the Mongols were there for awhile too. But I'm not sure they "won" either.

Maybe wars are cool when "We" win? And not so cool when they go on seemingly forever?

Oh, judging by your handle and some of your post, I will say thanks for your service to our Country.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Oakster
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
It's not the distributors at the retail locations it's the same a holes that did this the last time. They wait every morning for a shipment to come in and buy what the store put's on the shelves to sell online. SHDD

So, in essence, they are actually improving the channels of distribution by making the ammo available to a larger market?

Capitalism works, even if its not beneficial to you. Folks are nuts right now, they will pay anything for ammo....and I will gladly sell it to them for that.

I dont see that as capitalism at all. Many people play a role in capitalism from the miners, material producers, shippers, loaders retail stores etc. Some private citizen who artificially reduces supply by buying it up (when he doesnt want it or need it) and then reselling is not adding value to the market, not paying taxes, not creating jobs etc. He is not much more than a Tick on a hunting dog, a parasite. They do not warranty the product, replace the product or stand behind the product. They turn around and raise the price or sell it on auction to panickers for a profit that doesnt help or improve the supply chain etc. That is not capitalism and not something I would support as capitalism. It hurts more people than it helps.

On the contrary...it's capitalism at it's purest.

An item is worth what market will bear. Period. Right now, the market has decided ammo is a very high value item, and there is opportunity to make a pretty tidy profit for those that are willing to put forth the effort. In return, ammo is available to those who are not willing to work for the good deals. Each end of the chain is satisfied.

The only ones unhappy are those who think they are owed something in the middle.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

19 or so years in Afghanistan.

Did we win yet?

Russians were there what, about 10 years?

Brits were there for awhile too, I think they ended up leaving.

Seems the Mongols were there for awhile too. But I'm not sure they "won" either.

Maybe wars are cool when "We" win? And not so cool when they go on seemingly forever?

Oh, judging by your handle and some of your post, I will say thanks for your service to our Country.

Oct 2022, The war in Afghanistan will be old enough to drink.

I've been there- alot. Anyone who thinks we're doing anything other than wasting money and lives is deluded.

Only way to handle that place, given the fact that AQ was there, and we HAD to take em out, is to erradicate the population, and irradiate the ground. Any less is pointless. There is no winning or fixing AFG in a conventional way.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's why the Afghanis are still there. No one before has had the technology to do as you say is necessary, or they haven't had the will.

The Mongols couldn't even breed them out it would seem.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Everyone just wait until the new powers that be get us re-involved in a few places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Maybe find a few new places to send American war materiel overseas.

If you think it's hard to find primers, powder, and loaded ammo for your "hunting rifles" now, just wait until the overwhelmed production capabilities of the manufactures is all used up on military stuff.

This is a good point. It's only a matter of time until the new regime picks up where it left off with Obama. Fomenting uprisings and regime changes across the middle east and in places like the Ukraine. You know they are going to cause problems in Syria again. Gotta get that pipeline to Europe Assad and Putin be damned.

They are also going to have to arm the new federal police force I'm sure they're going to start pushing soon. Got to round up those Trump supporters.

Bb

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Some folks just couldn't afford to stock up when ammo prices were reasonable. Your responsibilities to feed and clothe your family is first and foremost. Some of you make it sound like money grows on trees, I feel for the people that can't afford to buy ammo at these prices.

Couldn't have said it better, myself.

I know there are many folks with plenty of disposable income who can spend lots of it on ammo. They can shoot hundreds of rounds a week, and stock up tens of thousands of rounds.... and they don't seem to understand that there are others who simply cannot do that.

"You should have bought ammo when it was cheap!" they will say over and over.

For some of us, ammo has NEVER been "cheap".

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Priorities....

Anyone could have bought a Hi Point 45 ACP carbine for less than $200 last year. It is a perfectly serviceable and functional home defence weapon that, while ugly and cheap... just works.

Given that the average Glock or SA striker fired pistol costs $5-600, what could you do with the extra $3-400? That would have bought a Lee press kit and a whole lot of components last year.

Priorities.

Intellectual honesty is the most important character trait in human beings.
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
187 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 26 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.