Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
The peasants are literally storming the financial castles of the elite and nobody on here has even mentioned it.

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What no link, shocked I am, shocked.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by steve4102

Do you’re own work. I can’t be expected to educate you forever.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thank you for all the hard work you’ve put in on this project, the cause owes you a great debt.

Take some time off for a while and enjoy yourself and imagine your ancestors smiling down on you with pride.

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I could have entitled it “How to turn $40k into $22 million and make a hedge fund manager commit suicide.”

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Look at AMC, GME the past few days. Big Hedge funds aint happy as they are used to being masters of the universe. Im sure many calls were made to the corrupt SEC the past few days.

Last edited by ribka; 01/27/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A bunch of Wall Street investors have been shorting GameStop stock betting it will go the way of video stores. Day traders are driving up the price forcing them to close out their positions. So far it's cost Wall Street about $3.3 Billion. It's kind of funny but the day traders will get screwed eventually because they can't win a war of attrition against that kind of money.

------------------------
John
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
“ politician does something sketchy”

You don’t know what headline I’m talking about? How dare you be so lazy, figure it out.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I could have entitled it “How to turn $40k into $22 million and make a hedge fund manager commit suicide.”

Do you think that the brokerage outages are being faked/coordinated in order to protect the short sellers? With what's been going on in this country lately nothing seems to far-fetched.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go

Do you think that the brokerage outages are being faked/coordinated in order to protect the short sellers? With what's been going on in this country lately nothing seems to far-fetched.

Absolutely.

IC B3

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I started a Robinhood account last spring and have done pretty well. I've doubled my money (not hard to do if you started last spring). No, I didn't buy a bunch of GameStop last week.

It won't be long until the SEC is all over it. Not only is it screwing with the hedge fund big boys, but the plebs can now play the market without having to pay a bunch of commissions.

Massatwoshits has already sued Robinhood for more or less making a game out of investing and failing to tell people they can lose money (pretty obvious that the nanny state doesn't think that the proles can handle investing on their own).

Wealth building (outside of just going to work and paying bills) by the hoi polloi in this country has always been frowned upon by the elite and I doubt Robinhood (or any of the other investing apps.) still exist, at least in their current state, by this time next year. Particularly with the current political climate.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
The peasants are literally storming the financial castles of the elite and nobody on here has even mentioned it.

Day traders are now peasants, and the financial castles of the elites have lost just over $3B, thereby causing suicide?

This is a nothing burger, with nothing sauce on nothing-seed nothing. For the actual elites, $3 billion is a lot like $300 quadrillion. It's all just a means of controlling the rest of us, and they can make up as much fake money as they want as long as people continue to chase it.

What makes a human being a peasant, exactly?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Aware of it - along with a lot of other things.

Unlike some people here - I don't start a thread with every thought that runs through my head or post every link I read in a day.

Big guys taking it in the shorts - wallstreetbets will move onto the next shiny object eventually. People will make money, some will lose money.

Me

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by steve4102

Do you’re own work. I can’t be expected to educate you forever.

Well, thank god we don't have to worry about some rube teaching' us about cypherin' oughts and decimals when he doesn't know how to properly use "your vs. you're".

Last edited by horse1; 01/27/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I find this very interesting, and will be checking back in to see what the fire braintrust thinks about it. I’ve never shorted a stock and doubt I ever will, but this thing with gamestop is fascinating. I expect government to jump im at amy time and put a stop to it. I can’t wait to see what all that screws up.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I find this very interesting, and will be checking back in to see what the fire braintrust thinks about it. I’ve never shorted a stock and doubt I ever will, but this thing with gamestop is fascinating. I expect government to jump im at amy time and put a stop to it. I can’t wait to see what all that screws up.

But nothing that's happened is illegal.

Group of hedge fund guys get together and make public their short on a stock. It suppresses the stock price and they make money.

WSB basically just called their bet. Got their friends together to keep buying disregarding the fundamentals of the stock to push it up and forcing losses on those hedge guys.

What's the difference? Someone in Bristoe's link said "we gamers can be retarded longer than they are solvent" - talking BILLION dollar losses for these hedge guys. Hedge guys manipulate the market all the time - all that happened is someone manipulated it back the other way.

Gov may step in via regulation but right now - there's nothing to step in on I can see.

Me

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No link, did not happen!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So the little guys won one......

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Oh, now I get it. I posted about it in the “stock market is booming thread” yesterday. But most of the people here think they know a lot more about investing than they actually know so it likely sailed well above heads.

The move on AMC was discussed yesterday afternoon and I bought a bit just in case it went like the GME squeeze. Wish I’d bought a lot more....

Outjewing Jews is good sport.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
650 members (1234, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22magnut, 10gaugemag, 69 invisible), 2,758 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,648
Posts18,399,108
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.