Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Or maybe ol Crabtree was the one that shot the old boy,and then shot his two friends to cover it up. Who knows.

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
There might have been a black lad involved, and he ain't talking ! smile

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Any takers on Crabtree just drowning the geezer and letting him sink?

🦫

Wouldn't bet against that, bet he floats up in a few days especially if Crabtree didn't use enough weight to keep him down

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crabtree had previously never had a run in with the old man . They wanted to make a video and Crabtree was the camera man . His first time to the blind .

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Originally Posted by hookeye
I dunno. A Ziploc might be too complex for a boomer.
Proly just wrapped in layers of Saran-wrap.

Most Boomers can't manipulate their indexes well enough to get Saran Wrap peeling from the roll, and those new-fangled zipper baggy things, well.........

Most non-boomers couldn't follow me around all day, let alone manage what I do on a daily basis.

LMAO.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Crabtree had previously never had a run in with the old man . They wanted to make a video and Crabtree was the camera man . His first time to the blind .

Whole incident may have been on video?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
From one hour ago:

Sky6
Coronavirus News
MSU Basketball
2021 Weather Calendar
Snowman 6

TOP STORY
Search resumes for David Vowell, man accused of double murder at Reelfoot Lake
Leanne Fuller Jan 29, 2021 Updated 1 hr ago
David Vowell
OBION COUNTY, TN — Crews resumed their search of Reelfoot Lake in Obion County, Tennessee, Friday — looking for the man accused of shooting and killing two men in their 20s on Monday.

The district attorney general said the search for David Vowell was suspended Wednesday because of high water at the lake.

Investigators told Local 6 Vowell approached Chance Black, Zach Grooms and another man who was hunting with them on Monday. Then, an argument started.

The third man, Jeffery Crabtree, witnessed the shooting. The district attorney general said Crabtree took the gun away from Vowell, and took the victims for help.

Crews have been searching for Vowell ever since.

We're told crews believe Vowell is not in the water, but either died from exposure or was helped from the water.

A memorial account has been established for the victims' families. All money donated will be divided equally between the families of Grooms and Black. You can drop off your donations at Greenfield Banking Company in Weakley County, Tennessee, or send your donation to P.O. Box 47 Greenfield, Tennessee, 38230.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If Vowell ends up being found guilty the wrongful death suit against his estate will net the families plenty enough coin.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There is always two sides to a story. Could be these young guys had been harassing him and he snapped. Doesn't sound like he had much happiness in his life. His duck hunting may have been the only thing going for him. These guys may have even threatened him. We'll likely never know.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
There's a big update that was done via FB live that states the Crabtree guy's story checks out. Old man motors over to the blind blocking the other boat in, leaves his boat running, loads his gun and walks in and shoots one. Then he turns the gun on the other and shoots him in the side. The 3rd shell jammed at which time Crabtree takes it from him and hits him with the gun knockong the old man in the water. Crabtree then loads their boat up with the two victims and calls for help heading to land. Vowell's boat was found 200 yards from the blind still running. Basically this was released becuase there were folks saying Crabtree was a triple murderer which infuriated the DA since Crabtree was a surviving hero.

Something caused the old man to snap. Onset of early dementia possibly? Tragic story regardless.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
There's a big update that was done via FB

Ooooookay.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have been saying on this forum for years, based on 14 ambulance calls I ran as a paramedic, that at close range, nothing is more lethal than birdshot.
I worked 14 of these cases, torso shots, and every one went to the morgue.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
So the current story is this.......

An old demented guy approaches 3 armed men.......much younger than him.......and kills two of them without being shot himself.

After seeing his two innocent buds killed, third armed-guy decides to forego using his own weapon......deciding instead to go hand-to-gun combat against an irrational old man.

After winning, against all reasonable odds........lucky survivor takes Mr.Dementia's gun........then lets the murderer freely wade to shore.

Yea, sure.

Whole story probably sounds great......to a Sheriff Bullard.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It was aliens.

They set the whole thing up.
They had a cloaked blind and were using phased shotguns.
They was tired of both parties wearing out the ducks on both sides of em and not getting shots.
They did a mind scrambler on crabtree which was easier than normal.
Took the old man's body back to the underwater base beneath reelfoot lake for alien lizard dog pet food.

This whole thing will be a really good episode on unsolved mysteries in 5 or 6 yrs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was aliens.

They set the whole thing up.
They had a cloaked blind and were using phased shotguns.
They was tired of both parties wearing out the ducks on both sides of em and not getting shots.
They did a mind scrambler on crabtree which was easier than normal.
Took the old man's body back to the underwater base beneath reelfoot lake for alien lizard dog pet food.

This whole thing will be a really good episode on unsolved mysteries in 5 or 6 yrs.

As good an explanation as any, got the top dogs, TBI all up in it, THP choppers with FLIR Imaging. Was full search mode, like the dude that strangled the School Marm at the prison last year. He got caught trying to get a drink of water in somebody's back yard finally. What are we getting for our tax dollars these days, no Rooster Cogburns anymore?

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The part I was wondering about was the third man, who we we are told was 60, loading the two victims into a boat by himself, no mean feat. Meanwhile he last sees the shooter wading back to shore, the shooter musta been hanging out in the water for a considerable period of time.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

An old demented guy approaches 3 armed men.......much younger than him.......and kills two of them without being shot himself.

After seeing his two innocent buds killed, third armed-guy decides to forego using his own weapon......deciding instead to go hand-to-gun combat against an irrational old man.

After winning, against all reasonable odds........lucky survivor takes Mr.Dementia's gun........then lets the murderer freely wade to shore.

Whole story probably sounds great......to Sheriff Bullard.

I believe the third guy was only there to film the hunt. He most likely did not have a gun.
On the previous page a post by unccgrad posted this account by the authorities, probably the only reason he wasn't shot is because the gun jammed.

Old man motors over to the blind blocking the other boat in, leaves his boat running, loads his gun and walks in and shoots one. Then he turns the gun on the other and shoots him in the side. The 3rd shell jammed at which time Crabtree takes it from him and hits him with the gun knockong the old man in the water. Crabtree then loads their boat up with the two victims and calls for help heading to land. Vowell's boat was found 200 yards from the blind still running.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
May be a stretch, but do we know for sure that the third guy didn't have a beef with, or a drug deal gone wrong, with his two "friends" and use the missing old man as the fall guy for it?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The 2 deceased hunters had firearms, quickly accessible to third guy.....even 'if' he didn't have his own.

When a guy pulls up and blocks your boat in.......visibly loading his gun.......you're not on-the-ready?

2nd guy can wing shoot......but cannot 'quickly' get a low down on an old geezer.....after first guy is shot?

Shot in the side? Not instant death.....who doesn't return fire?

Third guy lets the supposed murderer free......with at least 3 shotguns in the blind.

Not a feasible explanation.

Originally Posted by Paul_M
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER

Whole story probably sounds great......to Sheriff Bullard.

I believe the third guy was only there to film the hunt. He most likely did not have a gun.
On the previous page a post by unccgrad posted this account by the authorities, probably the only reason he wasn't shot is because the gun jammed.

Old man motors over to the blind blocking the other boat in, leaves his boat running, loads his gun and walks in and shoots one. Then he turns the gun on the other and shoots him in the side. The 3rd shell jammed at which time Crabtree takes it from him and hits him with the gun knockong the old man in the water. Crabtree then loads their boat up with the two victims and calls for help heading to land. Vowell's boat was found 200 yards from the blind still running.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
There's a big update that was done via FB

Ooooookay.

I believe the guy doing the update was a prosecutor, and had directly spoken to the DA and had intimate knowledge of the details. I know some Boomers aren't into social media but it was likely the best way for him to clear the air about Crabtree to the masses. 4 really know what happened and only one is left to tell the story.

Page 15 of 22 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 260madman, 1minute, 43 invisible), 2,809 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,590
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.