Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
It hit 23 here today. A couple campfire brethren and I spent an hour socializing at a rural McDonalds. Thanks to Gov. Stretchen Gretchen we were relegated to the parking lot, where for at least a brief moment, we'd fantasized about the ambiance of a raging dumpster fire.

Lol, I'm glad Al and I were able to hold you back, I didn't want to spend the night in jail with you.............Again.......

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Wife controls the T-stat at our house. I have to pick my battles, and that's not one of them.

I prefer a moderate 68 or so, she prefers around 80. So naturally we compromise, and keep it around 80.

JHC, she will keep it at 80 in the winter and 60 in the summer. At least I don't have to worry about her becoming one of those Greenies.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I will turn it down 5-10 degrees all year. But I don't want to be that beat up by the old lady. So, she determines it. Not Biden.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by kingston
It hit 23 here today. A couple campfire brethren and I spent an hour socializing at a rural McDonalds. Thanks to Gov. Stretchen Gretchen we were relegated to the parking lot, where for at least a brief moment, we'd fantasized about the ambiance of a raging dumpster fire.

Lol, I'm glad Al and I were able to hold you back, I didn't want to spend the night in jail with you.............Again.......

What? One of you guys didn't have a spare gas can and some matches?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What if we all drove 54mph on the interstate? Could we turn the heat up to like 70? Or if every house in the lower 48 was allowed only 1 tv? Could we go say, 71?

Holy frigg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a test model

This should apply to govt housing first

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Sleep better w it at 68.
The ol lady runs it at 71 at night w thick blankets
Once the kids mucked up the thermostat.
Woke up after a few hrs of actually good sleep and temp said 65.

I only wear shorts to bed. Cant have stuff on my shoulders.
And daytime am in short sleeve T and jeans, socks

Any more than that my skin crawls.

Heavy coats cause neck tension and headaches.
I gotta go light, even if it makes me freeze.

The ol lady can wear a thermal and sweater, in the house.
Wears gloves fall to spring outside.

Ridiculous. Bedroom warmest room of house.
I bought a comfy couch.
Orange kitty and I sleep out there

Last edited by hookeye; 01/30/21.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
68 here. I do run a kerosene heater in the attached garage that benefits us some, I hang out here most days after work and on weekends. One thing that helps is we have a 5/8” insulation board on the outside of our home..downside is doors and windows are custom.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha, I have a good supply of juniper and live in an area where they don't shut us woodburners down for air quality days.

I hate wearing warm clothes indoors, long pants and long sleeved shirts or sweaters and scheidt are not my idea of house clothes. Pair of cotton athletic shorts and a t shirt are more than I want to wear. Growing up in a place where it's 70F outside on Christmas day will do that to a person.

Presently 73 degrees in the master bdrm farthest from the woodstove. 74 in the hallway on the thermostat. Burning one regular log every 3 hours or so. and I put a good size one with some knots one when I go to bed so there's coals for when the wife gets up.

Was even nice for a couple of weeks during the January thaw. Daytimes outside in the 50's some days. Let the morning fire die out, house would stay above 68 until late at night when the thermostat is set lower and the hear won't come on. I'm cheap, hate spending the money for electrons when I don't need to. I'd set a fire so my wife could start it in the morning to warm up the house before the thermostat kicked on again. Modern tech, programmable thermostats are the bomb. Burned 4-6 splits of wood a day then. I was lovin' it.

I've lived in places where there was ice on the inside of the windows sometimes in the winter, poor insulation and we were poor and didn't want to spend money on fuel or electricity.

Now I'm an old boomer and like my comfort..

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I have no working furnace as such we use no thermostat to turn down
I take Great Pleasure in heating my home with wood that I scrounge of of construction sites to recycle and burn to heat my home spewing all of the deadly green house gases that I can create in Commyfornia to heat my home.
My Gas bill is right around $40 a month give or take $5. It has been in the High 20s here fore the past couple of weeks at night.
Screw the One World Order and the Green New Deal and Screw the Communists that are running this Country.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Fu-k those commie sack washers, it's 76 degrees in here right now, still using the non-compliant wood stove insert in the fireplace........almost forgot, the usfs burns millions of acres per year in controlled burns, sure glad they have their greta turdberg filters working there! crazy hypocrisy, thy name in us/gov!

Trump Won!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
It was 73 here today. My last electric bill was $68.

Dang, I pay more’n that for the way I live, the base rate is like $72.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
I find liberals throw off a gotta heat if you keep sayin' Greta is a shill, Pelosi Doan know squat, an election was a fraud.
Keep yellin' that athe fireplace and the house stay near eighty....

Last edited by OldmanoftheSea; 01/30/21.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
In the winter heat is set at 67
In the summer AC is set to 68

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ihookem
The Obamas , according to their own darling child liberal news , said the Obamas like it a bit warmer. That was 76 to 77 degrees. In defense of the Obamas, If that is what they want their temperature at, who cares. As for me, I put in another load of wood and am at 70 degrees with in floor radiant heat, so it is quite warm in my house.

It's good to know they like it warm. It should be plenty hot where they're going.

Bb

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by ihookem
The Obamas , according to their own darling child liberal news , said the Obamas like it a bit warmer. That was 76 to 77 degrees. In defense of the Obamas, If that is what they want their temperature at, who cares. As for me, I put in another load of wood and am at 70 degrees with in floor radiant heat, so it is quite warm in my house.

It's good to know they like it warm. It should be plenty hot where they're going.

Bb

And hopefully very soon

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I keep it about 75 in summer.

Good gawd, 68, my nose would be running, shivering.

Used to have this fat bitch ole gal at work would take a paper clip and run it through the locked cover to the T-stat and run it down to 68 or so. Wanted to kick her in the gunt. Fuggin sweathog hot flashin’ heifer.

Used to find myself a reason to take the company jeep and just leave for a couple hours.

I usually just go sit outside in 90-95 Tn summers shade tree with the dogs.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wife and I run warm.

Winter: 65 in the house.
Summer: 68 in the house.

And I could GAF what any politician (or anyone else) has to say about it. We closed on this house and within 3 hours had central A/C being installed.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I'll set it on whatever makes me comfortable at the time.

That's why I work, so I can afford to be comfortable in my home.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

339 members (1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 981 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.