Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
16bore Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
1. Buying as much of everything as possible?

2. Stocking up on your favorites?

3. Selling everything not bolted down since prices are high?

4. Narrowing to “needs” and phuqq the rest?

5. Status quo?

6. Other?

BP-B6

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
stocking up on my favs, sell what I'll likely not use to try and fill some else's needs and not looking at any new cartridges....sure heck not the 6.5 PRC.
I already load for about 17 rifles in 8 different cartridges...enough for now.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I only bought 2 packs of # 11 muzzleloader caps and just yesterday , I saw Hornady .243 100 gr boattails for $22.99 plus tax and bought 3 packs , so I now have 300 more bullets for my .243. The price was very reasonable.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
would like to sell down to a couple stainless steel only pieces to cut down on maintenance

Uber Demanding Rifle Aficionado
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm setting up a contender with threaded 22lr and 30-30 barrels.

I sold an AR upper and some other "stuff" to do it.

I want my son to be able to practice with his hunting rifle, and I have tens of thousands of rounds of 22lr. I'm not running out anytime this decade using a single shot.

I'll probably sell another AR or two if things get really stupid and buy some more components and powder.

IC B2

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I’m in the number 2 camp

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
A little of all the above.

On the fence about selling some factory ammo because the prices are just so nuts. But also a little uneasy about access if online sales somehow get restricted and so many stores around here are getting out of guns/ammo. (I can reload, but like to keep factory around too.)

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
anyone stocking up right now is stupid to me. But thats just me. You had years of warnings. Yet even I missed a few items. But ain't gonna pay stupid prices. WHY? I mean what do you gain at all from stupid prices. If they ban things you can't shoot or you will get reported. If they don't it will cycle around like it has in the past.

If its a war kinda thought you only really need enough rounds to win a few encounters and your stock grows. Or you loose and a million rounds in the cellar won't matter at that point.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tomorrow I am getting rifle for stash of ammo I have.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
About 2-3 years ago I sold all the safe queens and built a few rifles that were my idea of the perfect rifle for what I do and the hunts I plan on. Decided that I was going to spend future money on my bucket list hunts while I had my health and ability. I have been stocking up on components for those couple rifles the last 2 years and I was set before this craziness all started.
I am using the current demand to unload all the components (bullets mostly) for guns I no longer have. Nothing crazy, everything sold here at what retail was before prices went crazy. More so to get my reloading room uncluttered a bit than anything else.
I saw this coming 6 months ago and got a couple extra things to make sure I didn't have to worry about it.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Overall I'm in good shape.

Stocked up with prices were low. Saw what was coming when COVID hit, so topped off most of what I "needed" then. There's a few things I'll keep an eye out for, but for the most part I'm neither buying or sell, just cautiously enjoying what I have, but not too fast since we can't be sure how long this will last.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've sold enough excess to build a couple rifles, and upgrade optics on a couple others....thank God for folks willing to pay ridiculous prices.

Bought a few things here and there, at regular prices...even flipped some stuff here and there.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 16bore
1. Buying as much of everything as possible?

2. Stocking up on your favorites?

3. Selling everything not bolted down since prices are high?

4. Narrowing to “needs” and phuqq the rest?

5. Status quo?

6. Other?

1. Buying what I come across that is a good deal. Primers, powder, bullets, rifles, scopes etc. etc...
2. Trying to stock up. Not paying exorbitant prices on anything. Already stocked up on things I need/use...
3. Not selling, but thinking I should start.
4. What does need have to do with anything?
5. Not hardly.
6. Buying real cheap as always. 2 rifles in the last 3 weeks with scopes on them. Have $300.00 into the Tikka T3 stainless lite 308w and $300.00 into the Winchester model 70 stainless classic 30-06 with walnut stock. Bought a like new Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14x44 for $499.00 as well... Buy cheap, never lose money on a gun deal...

I'm also like antelopesniper in that I do not shoot nearly as much as I used to. Those 300 round days with the AR are over for now, until things go back to normal. Still shooting though. Took my new Tikka 308w out yesterday and today. Working up loads and fine tuning the rifle. Found an issue with the original Tikka aluminum rings, but corrected that with some different ones...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Only adding to frequently used components. Letting go of items I have lost interest in. Maybe they can help someone else throw his mess.
GreggH

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Mostly a combination of 2 & 4. I gave away some smaller stuff recently and have a couple other things I might pass along if I find someone who will appreciate it and not just flip them. Started streamlining a couple years back, the stuff I want to hang onto purely for sentimental reasons wouldn't bring enough to matter even with prices being up so I'll hang onto them. Meantime I'll keep an eye out for deals on essentials.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I am pretty much status quo. Picking up stuff when I see it. Building a .260 Rem out of a Walmart special Rem 700 ADL.

I have been giving some stuff away to a few members of various forums. Mostly to those who engage in good conversation and are not complete douchebags. Been buying a few things too, but not from newbies who are obviously just trying to make a buck.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Yeah I purged My safe of all my "Queens" and I have also greatly simplified my reloading bench, I now only load for 3 different bore diameters and I am fairly stocked on supplies for those, BUT..I have cut back on my trips to the shooting range...I am still adding to my reloading supplies when I get the chance like last week i happened across a couple boxes of large rifle primers at a LGS so i bought them @$4.95 per box 👍.....Hb

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I had a horde of powder, primers, brass and projectiles. And then we moved. Our shipper wouldn’t allow powder or primers so I grudgingly sold my unopened powder off and gave away the open cans. Primers I smuggled some in inconspicuous places in the container, not all of them but a few thousand anyway. Looking back I should have put the powder in a sea chest and buried it in the container, they didn’t inspect anything, too late now.

Anyway we moved from somewhere that had enough gun shops and gun shows that I made a weekly circuit after I got off at noon on Saturday. Down here we have our choice of gun shops anywhere from 40 to 80 miles away for the convenient ones, the rest are further or in the city I try to avoid. That coupled with my cheapness making me not want to pay hazmat had me kind of complacent as far as restocking. When I worked on the road I’d grab a pound or two of powder here or there or a brick of primers so I never ran out but I wasn’t buying the quantities I should have been.

Now I’m still buying and have accepted that hazmat shipping is a necessary evil. But I’m not paying crack prices for anything. Bullets, powder, and primers are out there to be had if you don’t hesitate and they aren’t any higher than normal if you’re getting them from Grafs, Midsouth, Midway, Etc.

I’m not stocking up for a war, just figure it’s not a bad idea to have plenty for my son to be able to grow up shooting like I did.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Overall I'm in good shape.

Stocked up with prices were low. Saw what was coming when COVID hit, so topped off most of what I "needed" then. There's a few things I'll keep an eye out for, but for the most part I'm neither buying or sell, just cautiously enjoying what I have, but not too fast since we can't be sure how long this will last.

Mostly this. Also not shooting nearly as much as I used to and with getting rich slowly between Obama Shortage II and now, am set with components and .22 ammo for several years at the current rate.

Over the last year have divested myself of all semi-auto pistols that weren't 9mm or .22 and all revolvers that weren't .38 Spl or .357 Magnum, sold off all the LP primers as well. Have also sold off rifles in chamberings I won't use any more or that were duplicates of other rifles in the same chambering.

Keeping an eye out for one firearm in particular but can afford to bide my time and wait for the right deal. Even among the wide and wild eyed sellers trying to ride the current bubble a few "reasonable" prices can occasionally be found.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TheKid
I’m not stocking up for a war, just figure it’s not a bad idea to have plenty for my son to be able to grow up shooting like I did.

This.

For factory ammo and reload stuff, I was in solid shape before the panic. Could hunt with multiple cartridges for decades. But I'm still looking for things if they're a good deal because, while I don't think anything is getting banned, I do think they're going to try to choke off supply through inconvenience and expense. So the more already on hand the better for range, kiddos, etc.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 3,154 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.