Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob
One of the sports betting sites refunded all bets anyone made on anyone other than Reed.

Reed never once said that the ball was embedded. He just said that he followed the rules. Rory on the other hand, said that the ball embedded.

Golf doesn’t work if everyone isn’t honest.

Is that what Reed really said?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by JoeBob
One of the sports betting sites refunded all bets anyone made on anyone other than Reed.

Reed never once said that the ball was embedded. He just said that he followed the rules. Rory on the other hand, said that the ball embedded.

Golf doesn’t work if everyone isn’t honest.

Is that what Reed really said?

Yeah, he never said it embedded. He just said that the volunteer told him that it didn’t bounce (it did, of course) and that he then decided to get a rules official over to see if it was embedded. In his interview he never said that he saw it was embedded. That’s the difference between him and Rory in this situation.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Who's more hated, Fatrick Reed or Joe Biden?

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
He’s not on the media’s cool guy list.

He was kicked off the golf team at UGA. About 5 years ago SI did a story on Reed, he is estranged from his parents .Does not want them at the golf course .The article said in one tournament he noticed his parents were in the gallery, he stopped and had security remove them from property. SI pretty much painted him as difficult to get along with, just my two cents.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Looks like the media wants to run the golf tournaments as well.

Yup.

From what I heard them say during the match, I didn’t think was that big of a deal.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It is obvious the broadcast crew of CBS despises him. Nance looked like he was gonna [bleep] when the rules guy said nothing was done wrong. Then a whole segment of their whole CBS golf team being interviewed while on air missing good golf to basically say that he's a POS?

THAT was not a good look, and I don't even like Reed and I do indeed think he's an idiot...

Edited to add- Is Reed a conservative? That may explain the hate from the CBS douches.....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
it's not often you see a pro in the middle of a tournament pick up a ball like that, most everybody is sayng the first thing to do is call for a ruling

Rory McIlroy had a similar situation. Before he touched the ball, he called attention to the situation to his opponent/playing partner, who agreed he should lift the ball to see if it was imbedded. No need to call an official. On the other hand, Reed, moved his ball, and finger F%$#ed the ground, to create a hole, then called an official over to feel the hole and rule his ball had been embedded. Replay of Reed's ball hitting the ground, then bouncing up about 18 inches, then nestling into deep rough proves the ball could not have embedded itself. Rory's ball also bounced up about 18 inches, but replay shows it looks as if it fell back into the original hole created when the ball first hit the ground. In either case, Rory's reputation is impeccable and he called over his playing partner to confirm the ball was embedded in wet ground . . . Reed on the other hand, who already has a shading reputation, did nether. Plus he continued to push his fingers down into the spot where he had lifted his ball.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
he's the kind of guy who will prompt rule change or clarification, due to this kind of behavior

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Losers always like to whine about "fairness" and "rules". If you want to win, outplay the other guys. If you gotta resort to "But he didn't get a ruling first!" you're a loser.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
well i'm not a loser because i always improved my lie

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
WWBHD?

What would Ben Hogan do?

Besides, it's not like this is a HOCKEY game, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
At the end of the day the closest to his heels was five back.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
He looks a little chunky.

Beer drinker?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Bitch please, I would have kicked it back out into the fairway.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mirage243
Bitch please, I would have kicked it back out into the fairway.

Foot wedge for the mfw

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GregW
It is obvious the broadcast crew of CBS despises him. Nance looked like he was gonna [bleep] when the rules guy said nothing was done wrong. Then a whole segment of their whole CBS golf team being interviewed while on air missing good golf to basically say that he's a POS?

THAT was not a good look, and I don't even like Reed and I do indeed think he's an idiot...

Edited to add- Is Reed a conservative? That may explain the hate from the CBS douches.....

Can’t stand the POS Nance.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
He’s not on the media’s cool guy list.

He's not brown enough to be media cool.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Reed has the worst reputation on tour. Somebody like Koepka is going to beat his ass one day on live TV.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 16penny, 17CalFan, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,220
Posts18,466,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.