Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
walt501 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
King of SUV's that is. The Ford Excursion is making a comeback in 2022. That's perfect timing on Ford's part, as by then mine will be 20 years old with 300,000 trouble free miles on it.

More at the link - click here

GB2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Things have changed in 20 years, some good, some bad.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Article seems to be a bunch of pipe dream horseschit. It’s all about what the author would pick IF there was a new Excursion.

Don’t get me wrong I’m a Ford guy and I liked the old ones. But I’m thinking that a land yacht with a big block that gets 12mpg isn’t going to be a huge seller.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see it. Gas will be $4-5 a gallon by then.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
It’ll be all electric, have an aluminum frame and body, and be hell on lemon laws. wink

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The Suburban has knocked it out of the ring twice, ya mean it wants another round? whistle

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by walt501
King of SUV's that is. The Ford Excursion is making a comeback in 2022. That's perfect timing on Ford's part, as by then mine will be 20 years old with 300,000 trouble free miles on it.

More at the link - click here

Be fine if the UAW didn’t vote for Biden

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Ford is handicapped here by having a different body style for the half ton vs the 3 quarter ton. The Expedition max will way outsell the Excursion. GM can stick the suburban body on a 3 quarter ton chassis for that market segment but Ford has to make a different body.
Looks a solid competitor in that segment but it's a small segment that's going to get smaller if gas prices are going where I think they're going.

If you love someone set them free
If they come back no one else liked them
Set them free again
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Someone needs to make a real truck based SUV. While not a big market there is a market for one. Not everyone needs or wants a 75 grand luxury liner with 37cup holders massaging seats and 17 touchscreens. Real fourwheel drive, good climate control, decent sound system,towing capacity and comfortable seating for six to eight checks all the boxes for a lot of people.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Someone needs to make a real truck based SUV. While not a big market there is a market for one. Not everyone needs or wants a 75 grand luxury liner with 37cup holders massaging seats and 17 touchscreens. Real fourwheel drive, good climate control, decent sound system,towing capacity and comfortable seating for six to eight checks all the boxes for a lot of people.

Comfortable seating for 4-5 with a bit of added gear room & I'm all in. No BS front air dams, or snow plow bumpers either. A dream as yuppies, wannabees & soccer moms are the ones driving the market.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
And no plastic panels on the lower body. Bumpers that are really bumpers and add some friggin tow hooks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by bucktail
Ford is handicapped here by having a different body style for the half ton vs the 3 quarter ton. The Expedition max will way outsell the Excursion. GM can stick the suburban body on a 3 quarter ton chassis for that market segment but Ford has to make a different body.
Looks a solid competitor in that segment but it's a small segment that's going to get smaller if gas prices are going where I think they're going.

Ford will use Super Duty body/frame parts to the back of the rear door, plenty of economy of scale to work with.

Make mine a work truck version with rubber floors. Leave the center console open enough to have a rifle and shotgun sitting there and/or don't put a center console sunglass holder in the roof so I can have a gun-shelf mounted where the visors normally go.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outdoorsmen make up, what? 5% of their market? They build them for the country club set. That's like the Tundra. They market it toward suburbia. You've never see a 3/4 ton or a diesel.

― George Orwell

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Outdoorsmen make up, what? 5% of their market? They build them for the country club set. That's like the Tundra. They market it toward suburbia. You've never see a 3/4 ton or a diesel.

The previous Excusions were on the SuperDuty 3/4-1tn platform and diesel equipped with both the 7.3 and 6.0L Powerstroke.

There are plenty of folks in the "Country Club Set" who have large boats to tow and/or large enclosed snowmobile/UTV/Golf-cart trailers.

On the fleet vehicle side there's plenty of demand for a vehicle that can tow say a skid-steer/mini-ex/compact tractor as well as haul 6 people and a bunch of tools. Often times it's nice to have those tools more secure and better covered than what a roll-tarp or fiberglass topper offers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What used to be just isn't any more.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R

Ever Car, Pickup, or Truck I have seen in the last 30 years,have been built by Lawyers for Soccer Moms, No car company produces a good old working truck. Rio7

V
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by RIO7

Ever Car, Pickup, or Truck I have seen in the last 30 years,have been built by Lawyers for Soccer Moms, No car company produces a good old working truck. Rio7

The construction company I retired from has been thru 300 or 400 trucks and vans in the last 30 years and they were all work trucks. Ford, Dodge/Ram and Chevy all have fleet programs where they build no frills work trucks with vinyl floors and vinyl/cloth seats, load range e-tires, painted bumpers, heavy suspension, manual mirrors and other cost saving but work ready features. We put 150,00 to 200,000 hard miles on them before trading/selling due to the fact they started looking bad and did not representing the company well, not that they were not still serviceable. The public can purchase these trucks also but will not get the fleet pricing.

Trucks built in the last 30 years will out work, and out last any truck built the previous 30 years and the ones being built today work even harder than just a few years ago.

That saying "they don't build them like they use to" is a very good saying and those of use who have lived thru the old days of cars and trucks are glad they do not build them like that today.

Last edited by VaHunter; 03/06/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by VaHunter
Originally Posted by RIO7

That saying "they don't build them like they use to" is a very good saying and those of use who have lived thru the old days of cars and trucks are glad they do not build them like that today.

I was going to say much the same. You can keep your vapor locks, High altitude carbs, carbs altogether matter of fact, moisture under the distributor cap, fouled plugs, worn points, and sub 250HP big-block V-8's.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Friend has a 67 427 Vette...Finally gave up fooling with the carburetor and had it fuel injected...He is a Chevy dealer, so it wasn't like he didn't have the people to work on it...Just got tired of them having to do so.

He said it was also nice, that after it sat awhile, to turn the key and have it fire up right now. wink

Last edited by battue; 03/12/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
682 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 75 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,434 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,581
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.