Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
My local gunshop just put up for sale (on consignment) a beautiful and beautiful condition Sako A-5 left hand Rifle in caliber 30/06.
The Rifle appears to have a 24" barrel and blued gloss finish with a Sako black fiberglass stock. The Rifle has gloss rings and they appear to be Sako's. The Rifle comes with a later model Leupld Vari-V III 3.5x10 variable matte finished scope and is at a consigned price of $1,100.00 (no sales tax in Montana).
I am not sure if a "cash" offer would diminish that asking price or not.
The shop was extremely busy today (I am NOT sure why because they have NO ammunition left for sale, NO pistols left for sale, just a few Rifles for sale and VERY little in the way of reloading components and just 2 shotguns where they usually have 20+!) and I could only peruse the Rifle from 4' away - but it appeared flawless to me.
Anyone interested can contact the shop directly Monday through Saturday at 406-683-9844 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (MST).
If I can answer any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
I am NOT at all sure what L/H Sako A-5's go for but I know I don't see them very often at all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Could this be a Fiberclass model made in the 90's? If so, it would have a Mcmillan stock made specially for Sako on this model.
I have one in 25-06 and it's a great rifle.

"Giving freaks a pass is the oldest tradition in Montana."
Thomas McGuane
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
How far from Missoula?

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
TexasBBQ: I will double check on that soon - I did ask a customer who had snuck behind the counter to get a close-up view of a price tag if the but pad on the Sako said "Sako" - he replied it did.
I will double check this afternoon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Theoldpinecricker: The shop is 169 miles from Missoula (to Dillon) via I-90 and then I-15 or about 178 miles heading south from Missoula on Highway 93 then over through the Bighole and on to Dillon.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Yea, mine says Sako as well. It was a special run of production stocks from Mcmillan exclusively for Sako. Very nice stock IMO.

Thomas McGuane
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
It probably looks like this. Sakos have 22.4" barrels on standard calibers. Stock is a McMillan
Bob

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I recognize that beaut! Thx for posting Bob.

Thomas McGuane
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ
I recognize that beaut! Thx for posting Bob.

I miss that rifle!
Bob

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
TexasBBQ: I went into the shop this mid-day and it has been sold. Day and a half and she gone!
I was just guessing at the barrel length - the folks there are busy taking info on ammunition and gun purchases via the internet as they don't have much at all of their own to sell.
Lefties forever!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
VarmintGuy,
Thank you for the leg work. I bet it was a Fiberclass. Someone got a damn fine rifle.

Thomas McGuane
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TexasBBQ
VarmintGuy,
Thank you for the leg work. I bet it was a Fiberclass. Someone got a damn fine rifle.

No kidding.

RGK, Thanks for sharing the pic of yours.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Yea, that was me.

It's in their back room. They have the FFL now already, but wanted a postal money order instead of CC.

You're a bad influence, VG.

I shoot LH (RH everything else). 2 of 5 sons are full blown lefties.

A question for the Sako experts:
Isn't the safety on the right side of the LH AV? Kinda prefer that.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
TexasBBQ: I went into the shop this mid-day and it has been sold. Day and a half and she gone!
I was just guessing at the barrel length - the folks there are busy taking info on ammunition and gun purchases via the internet as they don't have much at all of their own to sell.
Lefties forever!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Safety is on the right side for the AVs. Had two. One was a Fiberclass in 338 Win Mag. Picked it up for 600$ plus a lot of reloading gear. The other was a 30-06 Deluxe. No longer have them, but they were very nice rifles!

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nice rifle

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thanks, VG.

Rifle arrived.....was in great shape. Stock has the raised comb...with palm swell..... Sako pad. Settles in just fine.....

Bore good, bluing good. Everything great.

Fragile Leupold Vari-X III fell apart in transit.
Kidding........it arrived in great shape too.

Thanks for the heads-up. Always wanted one of these (280 then)....back when I worried about kid’s college tuitions.

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
My local gunshop just put up for sale (on consignment) a beautiful and beautiful condition Sako A-5 left hand Rifle in caliber 30/06.
The Rifle appears to have a 24" barrel and blued gloss finish with a Sako black fiberglass stock. The Rifle has gloss rings and they appear to be Sako's. The Rifle comes with a later model Leupld Vari-V III 3.5x10 variable matte finished scope and is at a consigned price of $1,100.00 (no sales tax in Montana).
I am not sure if a "cash" offer would diminish that asking price or not.
The shop was extremely busy today (I am NOT sure why because they have NO ammunition left for sale, NO pistols left for sale, just a few Rifles for sale and VERY little in the way of reloading components and just 2 shotguns where they usually have 20+!) and I could only peruse the Rifle from 4' away - but it appeared flawless to me.
Anyone interested can contact the shop directly Monday through Saturday at 406-683-9844 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (MST).
If I can answer any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
I am NOT at all sure what L/H Sako A-5's go for but I know I don't see them very often at all.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

124 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 35, 6mmCreedmoor, 338rcm, 7x57Hunter, 14 invisible), 1,230 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,506
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.