24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Standing pat right now only shopping for what I need. Only needing a set of 6.5 CM dies right now.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

BP-B6

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Looking for a few reloading dies, nothing more. If they show up, I’ll buy them, if not, no worries. I’m not even putting out any “WTB” threads.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
After the last wolf hunt that turned into a coyote hunt I’m wondering why I even bother with anything but the 256 Newton. I have plenty of 270 win cases waiting to be resurrected and enough 4350 and 140 partitions to last several years.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Found a good bullet lot yesterday, all 270 bullets I load except for some 150 grand slams. I’ll sell or trade them off.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Mostly 2 and 4. Buying or trading for favorites when come across a good deal. Thinning the herds, don't shoot as much as before

NRA lifetime member
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Frequently checking my Crystal Ball trying to decipher when the craziness will come to a end. This time around it's highly unlikely we will see an abrupt "Trump Slump" like last time.

Measuring my rate of shooting on a yearly basis vs the components sitting in my cabinets.

I got enough components to keep me in elk meat the of my life. But I still wonder.........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
1. Buying as much of everything as possible?
2. Stocking up on your favorites?
3. Selling everything not bolted down since prices are high?
4. Narrowing to “needs” and phuqq the rest?
5. Status quo?
6. Other?

1. No.

2. Yes - when prices are "normal". Right now the only think I'm short on is Small Pistol primers - only have 1K. Could use some more H4350 and VL-C(2), down to about 4 pounds each.

3. Selling nothing.

4. No. Continuing to "plan ahead".

5. No. Turning components into loaded ammo, especially defensive ammo, which I've somewhat neglected in the past. Especially .327 Fed, .380ACP, 9mm Luger, .38 SPL for the handguns, .300 Blackout and .308 Win for the ARs.

6. Did a thorough inventory of ammo and components. Converted about 500 5.56 cases to 300 Blackout. Chrono'd 19 different handgun, AR and bolt rifle load combinations a couple days ago - these were known good loads I had on the shelf that had simply never been chrono'd in these combinations of firearm and load..

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Just starting to pare down my assortment of firearms and ammo. A possible major move on the horizon and need to get ready.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

5. Status quo?

6. Other?

Selling down a couple three or 4 rifles, putting a stop on a custom FN-98 build, selling off a bunch of un-used gun parts and kit. Concentrating on what I already have left which will be more than enough.

Retirement is coming. I'd rather spend $$ on another NFLD moose hunt down the road.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
5. Status quo?
6. Other?

1. No.

2. Yes - when prices are "normal". Right now the only think I'm short on is Small Pistol primers - only have 1K. Could use some more H4350 and VL-C(2), down to about 4 pounds each.

3. Selling nothing.

4. No. Continuing to "plan ahead".

5. No. Turning components into loaded ammo, especially defensive ammo, which I've somewhat neglected in the past. Especially .327 Fed, .380ACP, 9mm Luger, .38 SPL for the handguns, .300 Blackout and .308 Win for the ARs.

6. Did a thorough inventory of ammo and components. Converted about 500 5.56 cases to 300 Blackout. Chrono'd 19 different handgun, AR and bolt rifle load combinations a couple days ago - these were known good loads I had on the shelf that had simply never been chrono'd in these combinations of firearm and load..

Probably the wrong place to ask, but how do you like the 327 fed? Are the reports about it being louder than hell just internet whining? Seems like it would be handy especially with ability to drop down to other 32s.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by clockwork_7mm_gator

Probably the wrong place to ask, but how do you like the 327 fed? Are the reports about it being louder than hell just internet whining? Seems like it would be handy especially with ability to drop down to other 32s.

The 327 Fed is a great little cartridge. Last weekend I clocked American Eagle 85g loads at 1581fpe from my Ruger SP101. Would love to have a levergun chambered for it.

We keep the SP101 hidden in the house for defensive purposes, away from the 2-6 year-old grandkids, 32H&R cases loaded with 100g XTP over a meager 4.6g Titegroup, 1280fps.

Internet whining for the most part, but when you run 1581fps it is going to be louder than 1000fps.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Where’s my mind these days ?

In the gutter as usual. 😜

NRA Endowment Member
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Not buying anything to hoard or resell. If .223 gets to $3k per 1,000, I’m selling!!!!

Offloading a stainless Bodyguard that I have never fired or carried to a buddy who really wants it. No price gouge.

All the rest were lost in a tragic boating accident.

Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Offloading a stainless Bodyguard that I have never fired or carried to a buddy who really wants it. No price gouge.

All the rest were lost in a tragic boating accident.

Yup, the old “I lost it in a fire, or they were all stolen” plan of avoiding the gun grab by the Nazis is nothing less than hilarious. If anyone thinks they will escape unscathed, they have another think coming.

There are commies all around you just waiting to turn you in. They are blatant about it right here, such as these losers:

Originally Posted by gdc2
Contact the Attorney's General office in their state about price gouging. I know the folks on here dont want to turn the law on ammo retailers, but people like this are not your friends. They could be doing their part to end this foolishness, however they choose to take advantage of the same people that have made their business a success.

Originally Posted by gemby58
Plus there not reporting to the IRS LOL

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kinda had an idea to build a 6PRC but I've put that on hold as I don't want to try to chase brass and custom dies in this environment. That was sort of a bummer. I'm flush with my regular stuff such that I'll just do the shooting I'd normally do.

I don't typically buy during times like this short of nabbing the odd box of bullets/primers, or a pound or two of powder for friends who are in need.

I try not to be part of the problem.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Just put together a 6mm AR, so I can shoot more. Still seeing 6mm bullets on a regular basis and bought 500, 100gr btsp for $25/100. That way I can keep shooting a centerfire AR. I also just bought a 10-22, so I can make use of some of the 25,000 rounds of 22lr I have. I hate having to slow down on my shooting, so I'm making due... Had to buy a better barrel for that rifle though, as I know most factory ruger 10-22 barrels are dogs. Not all, but most. Rifle should be a good shooter with most types of ammo I will be using in it. Bought the rifle a week and a half ago and the fugging back ground check will be done in another week and a half. By that time I'll have all the aftermarket parts delivered and ready to throw on it.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by horse1
Kinda had an idea to build a 6PRC but I've put that on hold as I don't want to try to chase brass and custom dies in this environment. That was sort of a bummer. I'm flush with my regular stuff such that I'll just do the shooting I'd normally do.

I don't typically buy during times like this short of nabbing the odd box of bullets/primers, or a pound or two of powder for friends who are in need.

Thats a piss poor excuse. I see 6PRC dies everywhere right now. 6mm bullets are very easy to find as well. Especially Barnes, which just screams 6PRC. A 6mm something makes a lot of sense right now, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of guys shooting them. I also see 6PRC brass too. If I were wanting one, I'd be doing it right now. Also its funny you think you need custom dies, but carry on..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Thats a piss poor excuse. I see 6PRC dies everywhere right now. 6mm bullets are very easy to find as well. Especially Barnes, which just screams 6PRC. A 6mm something makes a lot of sense right now, as there doesn't seem to be a lot of guys shooting them. I also see 6PRC brass too. If I were wanting one, I'd be doing it right now. Also its funny you think you need custom dies, but carry on..

I think perhaps you have confused the 6ARC w/the 6PRC. I do have a 1:8.5 twist 243AI and 105 A-max's to keep it fed. I was going to twist the 6 PRC 1:7 with the idea of starting with the 110 A-Tip and being ready for the next round of high BC projectiles.

If you've actually seen 6 PRC brass and/or dies being offered by any manufacturer, I'd appreciate a link even if they're currently out of stock.

Last edited by horse1; 03/05/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Sometimes I read your post just to see what kind of senile rant you’re on. I see today you’re confused about what a 6PRC is, but carry on.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Looking at 270's

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 68 invisible), 2,810 guests, and 1,420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.