Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The school my two sons attend has never closed.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Teal
They collect full taxes for education but spend a lot less when the classroom is in your house.

They're seeing the coffers fill by simply saying "not safe" and there's ZERO mechanism to fight back on that and force them to open up.

It will help pay the unfunded union pensions in this state.

You assume they save it for such a thing. More likely this conversation happens - “I think that Bisexual Asian Studies should have its own building. The question is who goes? The math department or the hockey team?”

Me

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Why are we still paying full school taxes? .No buses are running, janitors are not needed heating can turned down,no water is being used.Very little up keep and from what I understand,there is only a small contingent of teachers

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
No teachers unions down here of any strength. That’s why ours are open.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They’re closed so that the kids can actually learn something.

IC B2

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Just think of all those Bonds that we are paying that were issued by the school districts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Ours has been open since late September/Oct, thankfully.

Got lotsa dead kids and teachers?

No. They test at least a couple times a month. A handful pop positive every time but I haven’t heard of any serious illness stemming from positives at the school.

It’s been K and 1 with the upper grades (2,3,4,5) phasing in. I think today is the first day of k-5 all back in class.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Open here, but even if they do come in we’re still on computers, communicating on Zoom simultaneously with those at home that day.

Consequently most of ‘em choose to stay home, can’t say I blame them.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
They're open, and have been open, here. Were closed a little longer at Christmas and for Thanksgiving but aside from that it's pretty normal. Most schools are limiting gym capacity for b-ball games and requiring tickets be purchased online.

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
2 words: Teacher's Unions.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Open here.

------------------------
John
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Talked to my niece who teaches 4th grade. Her school is open...sort of. Many kids quarantined for various reasons. Some in classroom, some online. Teaching is all over the map and kids know there aren't any consequences for missing assignments or attendance. The kids who are participating are quickly distancing themselves from their classmates. Looks like a new group of "victims" in the education war.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Open here, but even if they do come in we’re still on computers, communicating on Zoom simultaneously with those at home that day.

Consequently most of ‘em choose to stay home, can’t say I blame them.

Mine go in twice a week. My oldest was pissed because attending class put her behind. My youngest has her work finished in 1/2 the time. Shows you how much of the school day is “fluff”.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
have to admit it is pretty amusing to see how the leftists are at odds with one another over this

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MM879
Why are the Schools still closed?

Because the Tyrants who want them closed & have power to keep them closed are beholden to the teachers unions who want to keep them closed.

MM

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Our area Lutheran High School has remained open as has our area grade schools. They are under constant scrutiny by the health department nazis though, and have had to shut down a few weeks over the last year due to the "surge" in "cases" in the region. All the athletic teams are allowed to proceed, but they all have to wear masks and only family are allowed into the games. Watch a bunch of kids play basketball with masks on and tell me you do not feel pathetically stupid! If I were a kid I would be in prison!

Last edited by troublesome82; 02/04/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Local districts have split the classes in half,
Some on a every other week schedule with cyber in between,
others every other day.

My kids return to normal schedule 3/1.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

My son and daughter-in-law both are teachers. Their school went to a hybrid model last year, started that way this year, then went to complete on-line instruction, and are now back to hybrid. They had no input whatsoever in these decisions. They will tell you that teaching under either of these models requires much more work than in-person learning. They are dedicated and good at their jobs. I am proud of them and I get tired of people lumping "teachers" together in one condemned group. I am sure that there are many teachers, probably grouped together in large population areas where dedication and skill are very small considerations in hiring practices, who are less than caring and competent. Even in those places, I am sure that there are teachers who strive to do the job properly. I get tired of hearing the good teachers painted with the same brush as the poor ones when they deserve better.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The teachers union direction & control is the bulk of the problem on the teachers side of the equation; I'm sure that there are many, although a healthy minority in most metro systems, that would like to do the right thing but are not able.

And to top off the school issue, taken on the whole, school administrators are some of the least competent people in the entire universe.

YMMV, mine doesn't

MM

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The good news is even the sheep can no longer deny the existence of the terminal cancer that is teacher unions and education bureaucracies.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 68 invisible), 2,932 guests, and 1,422 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,759
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.