Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was shopping the other day and my Wife asked me to pick up a box of her favorite breakfast tea, Bigelow Plantation Mint, and found that Bigelow has changed the name from Plantation Mint to Perfect Mint. It seems like a response to BLM and other African-American groups that expect an apology for slavery and post-emancipation discrimination. Heck, I didn't know that African-Americans even drank hot tea.

The new tea packets have the following message on them:

"For 50 years I have been told my recipe is the perfect blend of tea and mint. That is why I felt it was time to change the name, of course not the recipe, from Plantation Mint to Perfect Mint to better reflect what we hear from our customers.".

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not surprising in the least bit.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
We had someone at work who bitched about the terms "White Board" and "Black Board" in classrooms. There was also the popular "utility hole" vs "manhole". Someone even filed an EEO complaint because the screen saver program on the computer was named "After Dark".

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I'm amazed how long this one has lasted.

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Master bath and master bedroom seem to be morphing to primary.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
What's the aflicted groups favorite parts of a chicken?

FJB & FJT
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Covid 19 Terminology The mainstream pushed to keep us form saying Wuhan, Wuflu, or China virus or Rona or Corona even. Probably mostly to make the President look mean for Chyna Virus never the less an innocuous term to set the narrative. I say Wuhan Flu every time and getting my haircut yesterday had to interpret to Covid for the lady curing my hair. Effective media if we go along with the PC and conform like good little people.

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You do not name products to be politically correct, you name them to sell.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

"For 50 years I have been told my recipe is the perfect blend of tea and mint. That is why I felt it was time to change the name, of course not the recipe, from Plantation Mint to Perfect Mint to better reflect what we hear from our customers irritable bowel leftists who continually have their panties in a wad over something."

Edited for clarity.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
F uck PC, they took the injun off Land O Lakes products. More shocking to me at least was the University of Illinois giving up their revered mascot Chief Illini ! I'll never forget my first time at a U of I football game, the pregame crowd was noisy and then all of a sudden complete and total silence. I turned to my sister, a U of I student at the time and asked what happened, she replied why Chief Illini had ridden onto the field. No where in sports can I recall a native American mascot that was held in higher esteem.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
It has all become exhausting. I just plain avoid people anymore!

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The idiocy runs unchecked throughout the land.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gunswizard
F uck PC, they took the injun off Land O Lakes product..

They got rid of the Indian and kept the land - how very ironic.

Me

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F uck PC, they took the injun off Land O Lakes products.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
So are they trying to cancel Indians?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
F uck PC, they took the injun off Land O Lakes products. More shocking to me at least was the University of Illinois giving up their revered mascot Chief Illini ! I'll never forget my first time at a U of I football game, the pregame crowd was noisy and then all of a sudden complete and total silence. I turned to my sister, a U of I student at the time and asked what happened, she replied why Chief Illini had ridden onto the field. No where in sports can I recall a native American mascot that was held in higher esteem.

I think that Skins fans held this guy in pretty high esteem until the Redskins were forced to get rid of him.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

"For 50 years I have been told my recipe is the perfect blend of tea and mint. That is why I felt it was time to change the name, of course not the recipe, from Plantation Mint to Perfect Mint to better reflect what we hear from our customers irritable bowel leftists who continually have their panties in a wad over something."

Edited for clarity.

Rather than irritable bowel I call them Midol deficient.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
this crap has been going on for a long, long time. Remember the Disney movie Song of the South? You probably don't unless you were born in the forties or fifties.

Sam......

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
If you guys don't go along with the PC, you'e gonna get black-listed.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
What's gonna happen to my beloved Compton C h i m p s, or to the Detroit Niqqas, or to the Philly Porchmonkeys?

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1941USMC, 12344mag, 16penny, 1337Fungi, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 60 invisible), 2,684 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,306
Posts18,468,127
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.