Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
So on Dec 29th 2020 I send funds to Heavyjim for a few items. Once I committed to buy he shipped the stuff. Today he just now received the payment. First off a tip of the hat to jim for not hounding me on when was it going to get there even though I would have not blamed him one bit. My reason for posting about this is to let others know that USPS is experiencing a near meltdown in basic operations. If you have something coming to you from someone and it seems way too long, you may want to cut the guy some slack as it is out of his hands.
Jim thanks again for everything.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
PP and Venmo don’t sound to bad now huh

Dont eat the big white mint!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Not the only ones. Have package supposedly In Transit with UPS and arrived at the sorting center and now sits for 3 days.

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Other day I found my neighbors mail in the street after the mailman drove through the neighborhood today I have his mail in my mailbox, what is going on

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Just got a package today that was shipped 2 days ago from Wisconsin. USPS, it arrived a day earlier than what tracking showed.

IC B2

A
ATC Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I'm still waiting for a check that was supposedly sent the first week of January. My brother lives about 80 miles from me and I sent him a card the week before Christmas. It took a little over three weeks to get there. I also sent a rifle to JES in Oregon and it got there in 3 days. I understand being a little backed up but such a difference in shipping times is unacceptable.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

On the flip side, I had a priority package sent to me from Oklahoma on Wednesday, scheduled for delivery tomorrow, but came today.

Another package sent priority on Tuesday from Oregon came today as well.

Guess I was due based on all the shlt I put up with earlier from USPS.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I have been receiving multiple packages about daily for the past few weeks from USPS, FedEx, UPS and Amazon really without issue. Minutes ago (6:30) FedEx dropped brass and bullets from Cabelas on my porch that I ordered three days ago. The doorbell ring advised..

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have one check coming that was sent 12/28 and still isn’t here. I sent a USPS MO 3 weeks ago and it is MIA too. Try to get a refund on a MO. That is a REAL treat!

I am always looking for factory wood stocks!
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It really has been hit and miss, some stuff very, very fast others way late.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
USPS is government. Under achievers are allowed to exist in government institutions.

USPS consistently is in the red, but politicians bail them out because grandma needs to send little Johnny his birthday card.

Again, USPS is government.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by EdM
I have been receiving multiple packages about daily for the past few weeks from USPS, FedEx, UPS and Amazon really without issue. Minutes ago (6:30) FedEx dropped brass and bullets from Cabelas on my porch that I ordered three days ago. The doorbell ring advised..

Same here, except we no longer do business with Amazon.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've had some good and bad lately. The winner was a set of Talleys that were shipped 12/9 and arrived 2/3. I had one member here that I sent a person check to on 12/25. 3 weeks later it was still MIA so he asked for a PMO which I sent certified. That took over another week to arrive to him. About a week after that the original check showed up in his mailbox.

Did I mention I hate the USPS?

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I sent a postal money order to a member here in Alaska around December 16. He has not received it yet. I updated out pp and got him settled up with just over a week ago and have received the scope I purchased from him just recently. But he still has not received my original money order. So I’m out double until the money order shows up. Just gotta wait it out. Sent regular mail so no tracking. My fault on that.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Had a check that was mailed from Baker City, OR to Caldwell, ID, about a 100 miles apart. The check went from Baker City to Portland, then to Rapid City, SD, then to Billings, MT, then to Salt Lake City, UT, then to Boise, then to Caldwell. Almost three weeks in transit.

Jim
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
My Cabela's Last Minute Christmas flier arrived yesterday. lol Got several others to. Belk Ll Bean, etc.

Sent Dad a bday card. Nailed it after 3pm one day he had it by 9 am the next... He is 100 miles away.

I have had packages coming and going sit for a week without moving and have had some seem to fly lightspeed overnight to transverse hundreds of miles in one night and be early..

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Bought a bow from Canada once. Sent the guy a cashiers check. After a few weeks he hadn’t received it. Turned ugly real fast on his part. Deal was broken and almost 3 months later he emailed me with an apology. He received the check post marked when I told him I had sent it. Made the deal after that and he threw in a couple hundred dollars of free stuff!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have two that show in transit cince before Christmas, one was Parcel Select, the other Media Mail. I was in the PO the other day and the fellow in of me wanted to mail a large package, the clerk said he would recommend Parcel Select because the PO had thousand of those backed and likely won't get delivered before summer, if at all. When I asked about it, he said Media Miall was just as bad, he said to only use First Class and Priority Mail.

Any day in the woods, is a good day and I love peeing outside.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 54 invisible), 2,373 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.