R
Go PRECIUOS METALS....

Illegitimi non carborundum

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I wipe my ass with $100 bills.Just sayin !!

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Send lawyers guns and money!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Raspy
Go PRECIUOS METALS....

crypto took took the wind out of the sails of precious metals

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Tag for later....

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Originally Posted by ihookem
There is hardly a doubt there is a bear coming. I have been getting ready for a few months now. I took out about 16K out of the S&P 500 cause it is so off balance towards tech stocks. Today I put a bunch of it in utilities, ( WEC & FUTY) FUTY is Fidelity utilities ETF. I have been buying food, like Kellogs, General Mills, Archer Daniel Midland and Smuckers Jelly. We will eat and heat our homes . Today I also bought a more conservative high yield ETF ( SPYD). It has a lot of real estate , energy and banks. I figure we will eat, heat our homes and need a place to eat and go to the bank. I almost always loose about half of what the market does on real bad days and corrections. The bear last year was every bit as bad for " conservative stocks as the tech stocks, but that was a first for me.

What do I do with 401k stocks? There are only around 30 different mutual funds/portfolios I have to play with.

Fiddy, tha is a problem in the 401K's . My wife has the same problem but we found a few funds we felt were better. I need a list to tell you but I can say the madcap value funds are lagging the S&P 500 fund by quite a margin. The more conservative large cap value funds are way behind the growth funds too. However, they are quite high also, but they just got back up to the pre covid crash. I would still put some in bonds, but not much and a lot depends on what kind of bonds are available. I have a bond that will likely go up if interest rates rise. The ticker is PONAX. The reason is cause they are overweight in mortgages . When rates do go up, there will be more profit in those securities. This fund pays about 3.5% in dividends and pays monthly. I know, 3.5% is not much and the fund is almost as high as it was 2 yrs ago, however the fund does not move up or down much. Fiddy, what are the fund choices and it wont take long to tell the better ones for a market that just cant have prices like this for tech stocks. They are way over priced.

Last edited by ihookem; 02/06/21.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've been warning everybody I know who's in the stock market to get OUT before June 1st..... Maybe I'm wrong. But we'll see........

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by Fiddy

I hate to say it Fiddy, but there is very little there .. I have one fund that is offered and that is the S&P 500 fund and I have been getting out of it . American Century midcap is ok but they are charging you a lot of money. That fund is the only thing that is close. It is a shame that 401K 's are so lame. My son works for an investment company and does all the buying and selling. He sees this stuff all the time and says it if not very diverse and offerings can be real lame.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Biden gonna print another 2 trillion, taking off right where Trump left off.

The stock market whores need another hit of fed printing.

They'll get it and the bubble will continue to expand.

I've moved a bunch off. Real estate and metals.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
don't knock the target date retirement funds from vanguard. decent returns, ultra low fees and automatic rebalancing. i moved most of my retirement money to them years ago and have done well. but that said, with retirement looming, i have 5+ years of expenses in money markets earning next to nothing. as a long term investor this pains me, but it will allows one to ride out a bear market without selling any of the less conservative holdings during downturns.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Redneck
I've been warning everybody I know who's in the stock market to get OUT before June 1st..... Maybe I'm wrong. But we'll see........

Im thinking by April, but who knows

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by rem141r
don't knock the target date retirement funds from vanguard. decent returns, ultra low fees and automatic rebalancing. i moved most of my retirement money to them years ago and have done well. but that said, with retirement looming, i have 5+ years of expenses in money markets earning next to nothing. as a long term investor this pains me, but it will allows one to ride out a bear market without selling any of the less conservative holdings during downturns.

You know, rem141r, the target date funds are likely the best he has. It is an easy way to just invest. I dont care all that much for target date funds, however, in the long run, they are likely to do as well as anything else without all the stock picking.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Raspy
Go PRECIUOS METALS....

crypto took took the wind out of the sails of precious metals

easier to smuggle out of the country when it collapses

Quando omni flunkus moritati
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It’s coming and it’ll be a doozy. Like others are saying with all the fed money being barfed up it’s going to postpone it for awhile, people will be in real deep.

I’m trying to skirt the collapse, i started moving things around in November. it’s just too good to pull out at the moment.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 69 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.