Campfire Tracker
L
They are here:

Rip Off For You All frown

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LOL..I put 2k in the cart,,, agreed to some shipping delay(?)

shipping and tax brought it to 675 bucks...

alrighty then.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

website blocked on my end

stay away

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Here are some more, 30-33cents each...

Federal SRP

CCI - 400

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
How is it a ripoff, when no one is making you buy it?

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by liliysdad

Exactly, but then again everyone is supposed to sell for what they paid for no matter what. Paid 200k for your house, can’t sell it for more even though it’s worth 400k now. Same principle right.

Swifty
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I just think it's crazy pricing. It may not be ripping anyone off. crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why is it crazy, didn’t the same thing happen during the Clinton shortage, seem to remember 100-125 buck bricks of 22LR during Obama. So why is this shortage any different.

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Exactly, but then again everyone is supposed to sell for what they paid for no matter what. Paid 200k for your house, can’t sell it for more even though it’s worth 400k now. Same principle right.

WOW it's not the same principal at all...........your house goes up in value due to appreciation and inflation over time.
People try to sell primers for $300 due to price gouging because of a supply and demand issue.

not anywhere even close to the same principle !!!!!!!!!!

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by boatanchor

WOW it's not the same principal at all...........your house goes up in value due to appreciation and inflation over time.
People try to sell primers for $300 due to price gouging because of a supply and demand issue.

Its exactly the same principle.....exactly.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Yep it is.
By the way my opinion is, the only ones who bitch about prices during a shortage are the ones who got caught short.

Swifty
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Yep it is.
By the way my opinion is, the only ones who bitch about prices during a shortage are the ones who got caught short.

Spot on! I started buying right after the last component shortage. Ive got thousands of primers, many, many pounds of several different powders, and several thousand bullets for my rifles.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Highoctane

Yep it is.

Spot on! I started buying right after the last component shortage. Ive got thousands of primers, many, many pounds of several different powders, and several thousand bullets for my rifles.

at least.....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Get caught with your pants down, I guess that means someone is going to come try to rape your azz.... I'm glad I had plenty stocked up. I'm also glad I know people that have way more than I do. One gentleman is worried he will not be able to shoot all he has before he dies. He said he came to reality. He offered me 3,000 BR2's for $150.00. I said hell yeah, I'll take them!!!! He said, "you don't want to see how much they want for these on gunbroker". I told him, I know what they are asking for them. They can ask all they want, that doesn't mean I'm buying...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought 1000 SRP's today for $50 from a local shop. I will not sell them. I will use them as God intended. IN MY RIFLES.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Yep it is.

Any argument against the price of any consumable, that uses a counter argument that includes the resale of a non-consumable (a house), is an informal fallacy (sometimes referred to as a strawman). I'd also point out that any argument that insists any form of property should be sold for what the seller paid, excludes the idea that anything should, or could, increase in value, regardless of the conditions that are causal to that increase. Supply and demand is not an abstract economic concept. If you buy one can of corn, and a set of conditions arise that makes it near impossible for you to buy another can, then the degree to which you value that single can of corn in your possession will be vastly different. If someone approaches you because they want your can of corn, your behavior will most certainly be different because you CANNOT avoid knowing (epistemologically speaking) that when you sell or eat that can, you'll be stuck searching for something that's hard to obtain.

One more thing - the claim that you 'should have bought more when you could' is just another informal fallacy that attempts to reconcile the scarcity of something (anything) against its increase in price, with the idea that it is scarce because of something that did not happen (an action you failed to take). An items scarcity is not a product of an action you did not take. Your lack of possession might be a shortcoming of foresight, sure, but its scarcity in your household is only a mirror of the larger issue. Scarcity is the direct and immediate result of a society (on the whole) deciding that buying power should be directed in a manner that it was not previously directed, and there's no economic rule that insists that the redirection of buying power must be directed by reason and sanity. Toilet paper?...anyone?

The contradictions buried in these arguments are blindingly absurd. We parade in skivvies and Harley Davidson t-shirts, mangle the daylights out of the National Anthem with Cheeto crumbs in our teeth, and wave the banner of Capitalism on the longest pole we can find. But as soon as something tampers with our tenderloins (emotional equilibrium), bra's get snatched out of shirt sleeves, and the National Anthem gets replaced with with hair pulling and screeching. No wonder politicians have us by the short and curly's.

I can't find primers for a decent price either, and I do complain about it, but I'm perfectly and independently conscious of the fact that they are scarce, and that it's not because of something I DIDN'T DO. I just keep working towards finding them without getting a nice set of bruises ground into my hips.

Last edited by Sniggly; 02/15/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LMAO, no matter whether it’s a consumable like guns, primers and ammo the same principles apply. Case in point you have a big business relocate to your area bringing in 1000 families. There are only 150 houses for sale. You now have a sellers market as demand now surpasses the supply. Prices go up. On the flip side big company moves out of your area taking 1000 families with them, now you have say 750 houses on the market. Prices go down due to over supply.

Under the AWB of the Clinton administration over night AR’s that cost 500 bucks overnight shot up to 2500-3000 sellers market, after the ban expired those AR’s lost value due to supply surpassing demand. Buyers market. Same goes now.

Again same goes for a house, you knew that you needed a new roof or furnace or some plumbing updates. You put it off because the prices are cheap and labor is plentiful so 3 years down the road you go to sell, inspector says you need a new roof, furnace and plumbing updates to sell, but now for whatever reason its going to cost you 5-10 times more than 3 years ago, so now your house isn’t worth as much due to your decision.

Same with guns, powder and primers, for 3 years we had a buyers market. Everything was plentiful and prices stayed down, now it’s a sellers market. Bitch all you want but the principle is always the same whether stocks, metals, real estate whatever. Buy in a buyers market when supply exceeds demand and sell when demand exceeds supply.

I ain’t bitching because I put away 10K primers, 40 bricks of 22lr and enough powder and bullets to last 10 years or more on top of what I had. In other words I was buying during the buyers market, and not panicking during a sellers market.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Slight difference......after this mad rush is over no one will be paying 300 for a brick of primers. These people are opportunistic in nature. Fokk them! You make a note of who they are and never deal with them. And don't piss on them if they were on fire.

And no I am not short on anything and do not need a thing for at least 10 years. If someone needs anything from me ----that I am willing to spare--- I will sell it for what I have in it.

And no I am not talking about buying a pre 64 for 150 in 1955 and selling it for the same price today.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Slight difference......after this mad rush is over no one will be paying 300 for a brick of primers. These people are opportunistic in nature. Fokk them! You make a note of who they are and never deal with them. And don't piss on them if they were on fire.

Opportunistic? Of course.

If I have something that I paid $10 for, and suddenly find it to be worth $300, I would be a damned fool not to capitalize on that. This is even more true if that increase could be construed as temporary. Business works the same way...at least successful ones do. When emotions enter the equation, the whole thing falls of the rails.

My opportunist ways have made me enough to build a couple rifles, buy some newer, nicer glass, and pay for a vacation. I never twisted anyone's arm, not deprived them of something they needed to survive....in most cases I sold things in auction format, where the buyer set the price. The only thing I would do differently is buy more stuff cheap, and waited a little longer for the value to peak.

If someone needs anything from me ----that I am willing to spare--- I will sell it for what I have in it.

You do whatever makes you feel better, but that makes no sense. I don't sell tings to help folks out I sell them to make money, so I can buy more things. Expecting others to do what you deem to be morally acceptable makes you naive, at best.

Last edited by liliysdad; 02/16/21.
W
W
I lived through several past ammo shortages and am stocked on ammo. But I decided to get into reloading this year, and am caught short by the lack of...anything.

For me, it's worth paying "gauge" prices for small amounts just so I can get started. Hopefully at some point supply will catchup.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Welcome to the Fire...........

Ya better have a thick skin to hang around here

Tell us what you wanna load & maybe you'll get some offers

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
It's simply supply and demand pricing. If you didn't learn from the last shortage and stock up, you pay the price if you have to have it right now. Otherwise wait it out and let the suppliers sit on it and watch the price come down.

That's exactly what happened the last time there was a shortage.

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S

Opportunistic? Of course.

If I have something that I paid $10 for, and suddenly find it to be worth $300, I would be a damned fool not to capitalize on that. This is even more true if that increase could be construed as temporary. Business works the same way...at least successful ones do. When emotions enter the equation, the whole thing falls of the rails.

My opportunist ways have made me enough to build a couple rifles, buy some newer, nicer glass, and pay for a vacation. I never twisted anyone's arm, not deprived them of something they needed to survive....in most cases I sold things in auction format, where the buyer set the price. The only thing I would do differently is buy more stuff cheap, and waited a little longer for the value to peak.

If someone needs anything from me ----that I am willing to spare--- I will sell it for what I have in it.

You do whatever makes you feel better, but that makes no sense. I don't sell tings to help folks out I sell them to make money, so I can buy more things. Expecting others to do what you deem to be morally acceptable makes you naive, at best.

There remains another issue hiding in the shade of an altruistic skirt here; the implication that people inside your circle of value, would or could be esteemed higher, than people outside your circle of value. I have serious doubt that it's even possible to finalize such a position. Stating that one might sell for what they paid if their very good friend approached them is perfectly plausible and respectable, but saying you'd sell an item for the same amount to someone you don't know, or, maybe someone you even dislike for some small reason, regardless of it's present value is NOT plausible. But more important than that, it is an action that represents the subordination of one's own value system for the sake of another's benefit, so that the seller can be perceived as being good, when in fact, the measure of their 'goodness' was never weighed economically to begin with.

If you are someone outside my circle of value, fine, do it your way. I'll not judge you in a negative light. But if you ARE someone inside my circle of value, and you attempt this kind of altruistic behavior for the sake of something that isn't measured by the action you take, then you aren't leaving my kitchen table before I have the chance to pull the pillow cases out of the space that exists between your glasses and your eyeballs.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Y’all are funny. I tried giving people a break and just like here a lot of local boards with classifieds have the same ole problem Fugging ammo cops. Put primers on there for 50% the going rate on gunbroker. Also advertised bricks of 22LR again at 50% of gunbroker. Fugging ammo cops being the full Nazis they are started calling me a gouger and all kinds of other things. Fine and Fugging dandy rescinded the sale. Consigned 4 flats of primers and 2 flats of 550 packs. Sure not going to complain about getting 1200 bucks a flat for 22’s I paid 79.95 a flat for and the primers went for 5 times what I paid. The 10% to the auction house was cheap compared to dealing with ammo nazis.
Got more of both I can sell but waiting to see what nicer weather brings.

Swifty
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just be patient. The last primers I got were 3.99 a hundred for CCI 450's. Before that it was a brick of Federal 205M for $45 bucks. The trick here is to check the local store daily. (Scheels and North 40 here).

It isn't energy that kills, its holes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I stopped at a local LGS today, he had pistol primers. He'd received a shipment this week. He said in two weeks he'd receive a large order of rifle primers and powder.

Supplies are starting to flow. Panic buying and GunBroker aren't helping.

GunBroker depicts an artificial demand.

There are very few sellers who can sell shipped powder and primers on GunBroker, while anyone with an account can be a buyer.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
There are two local shops I'll stop in every week or two. In the past 2 weeks, both had just received a shipment of Hodgdon and Alliant powder.
Shop #1 - all powder ranged from $49 to $60 per pound. (Mysteriously, the 2 dusty cans of Win WSF increased to $49.95, last week these cans were marked $26.95)
Shop #2 - all powder ranged from $22 to $29 per pound. I bought a can of Bullseye and Power Pistol for $28 each

Moral of the story, my future business will go to Shop #2!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
While I'd agree that you can charge whatever the market will bear and at times get it I can't help but hope alot of people get caught with alot of product when prices return. Still giggle about people having a roomfull of toilet paper.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think it's over priced, but it's your stuff, so price it like you want to.

What's crazy is that anyone would pay that price.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My state has limits on how much powder you can have which is quite limited. So that ties ones hands.

Unfortunately, I didn't stock up on primers as much as I should. That's my fault. So I don't shoot as much as I use to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
754 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 88 invisible), 2,735 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,702
Posts18,399,996
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.