Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: I think you are missing MY point of quandary?
The stock could very well be made by the good folks at Boyd's - it is the conformation of the "reverse" thumbhole that puzzles me.
Look again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
The stock could very well be made by the good folks at Boyd's - it is the conformation of the "reverse" thumbhole that puzzles me.
Look again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Looking at that picture, that definitely isn't a thumbhole stock. It may have lots of wood carved out and a hole in the stock, but if they call that a thumbhole someone had the machine set up backwards that day to cut the thumbhole.... weird is the nicest thing I could say about it....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
duh fug is that? can't figure out how that would work! have to redesign my hand i think!
now i will read the rest of the posts

Last edited by deerstalker; 04/19/21.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Deerstalker: I have read ALL the posts here and no RATIONAL explanation for that double bass-ackwards "hole" in that stock makes sense to me!
Every once in a while I think about it and the only thing I can come up with is someone was making a joke!
And again that makes no sense to go to that effort and waste that material for a small giggle.
I still can't "figger it out".
The Rifle allegedly did sell though?
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JustLucky
It is just a stock for hunters with big hands. Really big hands.

laugh

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Look again.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Looking at that picture, that definitely isn't a thumbhole stock. It may have lots of wood carved out and a hole in the stock, but if they call that a thumbhole someone had the machine set up backwards that day to cut the thumbhole.... weird is the nicest thing I could say about it....

I'm pretty sure it was either a screw up or someone did it backwards, just to have someone ask about why it was that way....

My theory is that it was a stock set up and completed by Jeff O.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (1_deuce, 308ld, 257 mag, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 30 invisible), 1,541 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,169
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.