24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My wife and I are thinking about a trip to Texas in the next month or two. As part of the trip I'd like to take a day or two hunting hogs - preferably on the cheap or free, but am open to paying for someplace that is wife friendly (she doesn't hunt). Some years ago I saw an ad for a place that had a a spa for the wives. We'd like to get one or two hogs in a good eating size.

Looking for suggestions.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Most hog hunts are way over priced from what Ive seen an experienced. Expect 350.00 or more a day to hunt. The hunts are typically bare bones meaning you pay trophy fees, bring your own food, have to pay for them to process it because their rules won't allow you to clean the game yourself ect.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Probably cost way more than it’s worth. I’ve killed hundreds of the bastards. It ain’t all that.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I’ve enjoyed my time at Thomson’s lodge.......been on a hand full of pig trips and it’s about the best I’ve seen so far.

Good food, clean accommodations, and when I was there; no shortage of pigs....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I go to a place south of San Antonio. Fully guided, amazing food, great facility for the non hunters, great people. Shoot a couple hogs and they take care of them, along with all the varmits you can shoot. 1200 for 3 days hunting and everything else included. if you're interested hit me up.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've been to the Dos Plumas Ranch near Trent TX. It's decently priced, and doesn't have trophy fees. There's a lodge to stay in where you can cook your own food. And you can gut and gill your own pigs.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Esox357
Most hog hunts are way over priced from what Ive seen an experienced. Expect 350.00 or more a day to hunt. The hunts are typically bare bones meaning you pay trophy fees, bring your own food, have to pay for them to process it because their rules won't allow you to clean the game yourself ect.

Not.
Plenty of spots to go with no limits and very reasonable day fees. You can find any type of hunt you want.
Go over and look on the Texas Hunting Forum for some good recc.
You can find a put and take, trophy boar hunts or just folks with too many hogs , some with lodging. Some good hunting in North Texas along the Red River.
Spring is best time and those hunts book fast.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wytex

Not.
Plenty of spots to go with no limits and very reasonable day fees. You can find any type of hunt you want.
Go over and look on the Texas Hunting Forum for some good recc.
You can find a put and take, trophy boar hunts or just folks with too many hogs , some with lodging. Some good hunting in North Texas along the Red River.
Spring is best time and those hunts book fast.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

THIS

My favorite pig place has dropped off so Im exploring other venues, checking out a couple new ones in May.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ky221
I’ve enjoyed my time at Thomson’s lodge.......been on a hand full of pig trips and it’s about the best I’ve seen so far.

The Thompson's Hunting Lodge web page isn't working and their phone doesn't seem to be working, either.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Seriously look here for some options and maybe reach out : https://texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/16/1/outfitters-guides

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks to all who have responded. CH

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Ky221

The Thompson's Hunting Lodge web page isn't working and their phone doesn't seem to be working, either.

I see that.....no idea what's up. Their Facebook page says closed as well. I know several here go to Thompson's, maybe some one can weigh in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
213 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 22 invisible), 1,553 guests, and 878 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,917
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.