Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
depending on your budget, schitters and kitchen would be my choice. and a good cleaning, carpets, etc.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've bought and sold quite a few homes over the years in about every price range.
I'm pretty good at seeking them out too.

So I guess I'll offer my 2 cents worth.

Your place looks flippin' fantastic!

I wouldn't put another dime into the house.

But...

Paint that shop to match the house, it jumps right out and slaps a guy in the face.

An airless paint sprayer, 500 bucks worth of paint and a weekends worth of work and you'd be good to go.

Oh yeah, blow them leaf's outta the driveway next chance ya get. lol

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Kitchen and bathrooms is what a woman will look at most.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Don't do major things like granite, for all you know you pick something "ugly" to the buyer UNLESS things look very dated.

Look around for easy paint fixes, around windows/doors for example.

Look at AC/Funrance/water heater, how old? How's the roof?

We recently sold a house without granite counter tops, it was a turn off for a set of buyers, but not for others.

Curb appeal is #1, most houses I've looked at I can rule them out without getting out of the car.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Zillow discontinued the “make me move” feature, where the owner could say the house isn’t for sale but if some a-hole showed up and offered me $x, I’d sell. That was fun for me.

I have it listed on Zillow now for about $75k over high market, just to see if someone bites.

I looked at other homes in the neighborhood that sold recently and identified the highest per-square-foot sale. I multiplied that number by my square footage and then added $50k. Funny thing, Chase holds my note and their website says my inflated price ($899K) is below their top of the range price. Someone is smoking crack at Chase, as their top end is $1.1 million. I wish.

Keep the advice coming, I really appreciate it. Kinda got in a fight with the wife this morning, I think she wants new flooring and what I’m hearing contradicts what she thinks.

Edit to add, we got new appliances recently, the oldest appliance is the reefer and it’s only 2 years old. Stainless reefer, oven/microwave combo, and dishwasher, they match. Roof is 5 years old.

Didn't see a link to your zillow ad.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by akasparky
I suppose you have good reason to wait 4 years?

Yeah, kids still in school.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Didn't see a link to your zillow ad.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/33913-Mount-Tom-Dr-Harrisburg,-OR,-97446_rb/48491189_zpid/

Somebody turn this into a link, please.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Go to your listing, click share at the bottom it allow you to get a shareable link.

Swifty
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Zillow Link

Here you go.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
P
Thank, Jerry, I’ll knock $5k off the price for you.

P

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Clean, paint and de - litter and that might be a waste. We cleaned, painted, landscaped and had the pool replastered before we put our Florida home on the market. And by the 10th showing it was sold and the Yankees who bought it never spent a night in the house before having it demolished. Right now is a good market in four years it might not be.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When my father died 10 years ago, I painted the downstairs bathroom and put it up for sale with a relator.

It sold the first day for $0.5M asking to the guy next door, who tore it down to the ground to rebuild it.

After that, I would offer the place without changes, and if it sells the first day for full price....you know.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Wow. Very nice place, OP

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ll just be happy if the housing market hasn’t tanked in four years.

Joe is apt to have his hands full.

Truth in advertising I though similar when Obama took over, but they kicked that can down the road by taxing our children more to pay for saving the bankers & of course cutting interest rates, doesn’t seem like they have much ammo left on cutting rates to me.

I wish you all the luck & hope you get a great price on your home.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U
I'd hire a real estate broker to go through the house and tell you where to invest money on updates. Someone who knows the local market would ensure that whatever money you invest will have the most bang for the buck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you are looking to get 800 large out of it I would think it needs to be "move-in ready" meaning all updates complete. That could cost you a bundle, but if your house needs a couple of hundred thousand dollars in updates, it is what it is. Potential buyer will know this as well. I would rather sell "as is" and be willing to lower my price to the market. I don't like the idea of doing a huge update and then not get to live in it and enjoy it.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the red paint on the garage, it looks fast..

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Right now is a good market in four years it might not be.

You bet, it's a gamble, high end housing market is hot today but won't last.

The pandemic craz has effected the demand for affordable and exspensive homes in private rural settings, probably not so much years from now.

Lots of other factors one can't predict, the dotcom crash in 2000 put the high end housing market into a downward spiral, that was backed by with 911 in 2001 that took it to deeper depths while affordable housing remained stable.

Everything took a hit in the 2008 housing market crash and the market has bounced back remarkably, but maybe not in way that it will hold out.

Some things might be more predictable than one might think.

[Linked Image from specials-images.forbesimg.com]

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Many high end buyers seem to see most places as a "gut job" so they can put their stamp on everything. Save yourself a lot of aggravation, stress, and possibly money, by just maintaining it in good structural condition, follow the above advice about cleaning and decluttering, price accordingly, and sell it "as is". That's how we sold our last house quickly in a town with a slow market.

Increasing my post count so people will buy stuff from me
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (338Rules, 16penny, 338reddog, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 16 invisible), 1,239 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,227
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.