Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why didn’t LarryO get a scope to test? There’s a couple you fuuckers that would get all gitty if he did... I mean, pards be cuttin checks!!! Haha

Sorry boys

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mk5’s come at a very good price point for anyone that gets the LE deal from leupold. I have 5-6 friends shooting the mark 5 and none have had a single issue with it.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by MallardAddict
Mk5’s come at a very good price point for anyone that gets the Lae deal from leupold. I have 5-6 friends shooting the mark 5 and none have had a single issue with it.

Thanks MA. I’m watching this pretty close. Leupold does pretty good to retired Vets as well.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by Kaleb
I’ll point out that about the only negative in this thread has been people talking about the “naysayers” who haven’t said anything.

I agree. Battue can't help himself, but that is no surprise. He's an expert on the naysayers.

Sorry the funny escaped you, you being a leopold naysayer and all...., but realize....I'm sorry for you and not me...

Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by battue
And I’ll point out the comment was based on Scenars reputation and knowledge..if if was someone other than him...or someone without his acknowledged skills...the naysayers would be more vocal...and you can count on it.

Pat is your hero, we get it.

Feedback on the Mark 5 has been good, in general, so it'll be interesting to see if Pat's views are similar. That's all.

Many of us are not brand loyal, and are simply interested in the performance of the Mark 5. Not rehashing some old disputes or getting into brand loyalty arguments.

As far a Scenar being my hero....wrong again...Hell I don't even know him well enough to call him Pat as you do...Anyway he has a solid rep here regarding shooting, killing, guiding, rifles and scopes and has decided to give this Leupold a public workout....

Think many would care if you did the same????? Just so you know...not a funny....serious question. Waiting.....

Then again, maybe it would be funny.... laugh

Last edited by battue; 02/08/21.

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by battue
And I’ll point out the comment was based on Scenars reputation and knowledge..if if was someone other than him...or someone without his acknowledged skills...the naysayers would be more vocal...and you can count on it.

I couldn't agree more. The regular anti-Leupold scope clan here has repeatedly posted that Leupold sucks, period. It also doesn't take any personal experience at all to offer such an opinion.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another thread hijacked by drama, pretty standard...

100% Public land DIY!
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Why didn’t LarryO get a scope to test? There’s a couple you fuuckers that would get all gitty if he did... I mean, pards be cuttin checks!!! Haha

Sorry boys

LMAO.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm headed to the range now. It's -22F, without the wind....;)

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Well, ya won't have to wait long for the barrel to cool.....

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Well, ya won't have to wait long for the barrel to cool.....

Yep, best time of the year for fire-forming.......

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
IC B3

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Just missed a yote this morning in my rounds at the buddies ranch. Don’t think it was the 3-9 super chickens fault. I underestimated the distance.

Fark tho it was cold.

-24 on the thermometer and a good stiff south wind.

Some giant bucks were saw tho today on the push south, that’s good to see.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I trust Pat. I know that he'll give an honest report of his findings with this scope. But for me personally, after what I've experienced with various Leups, even if the scope that Pat received works flawlessly, that's a sample of one scope, and it'll take credible reports of mechanical robustness and durability of several scopes before my trust in Leup is restored. I'm not a hater or a fanboy; I just use what I have found to work, and avoid what I've found to not work so well for me.

I do hope this scope tests flawlessly, though. Seems like a nice design, if the internals are solid.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I'm on the record several months ago with the biggest Leup fan at the Fire as having expressed hope in this scope. Research says it is a reliable scope, the caveat being a tight FOV and tight parallax. I had a scope, several in fact, with tight parallax (NF 2.5-10x42) on dedicated hunting rifles and sold them all for that reason. I don't like screwing with parallax on hunting rifles. I typically set them on 250 yards and forget about it unless shooting targets. I could not do that on the NF 2.5-10x42. Until I read enough feedback that the parallax has improved on the M5HD, I'm out. But then there's the Campfire Special Leupold Webinar which reflected the culture of the company, their target market (which damn sure aint me), and what they think about the average joe (we are idiots). I'm not sure I'll ever get past that.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Today was sight in, and check how it all works when it's cold......

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Looks Cold!

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Just right......

I let the rifle and ammunition sit on the bench for 30 minutes before starting.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by scenarshooter

Just right......

I let the rifle and ammunition sit on the bench for 30 minutes before starting.

Looking forward to the results. Fingers crossed for positive. Thanks for doing this Pat.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

The only snafu I had were hang fires with Tula small rifle magnum primers. The CCI 450's fired as normal....more on that later.

The scope adjusted well for the sight in, everything seemed good. The magnification adjustment wasn't stiffened by the cold, and worked flawlessly. The eye piece diopter is pretty hard to adjust, meaning you need some pressure to turn it, and IMO that's a good thing. There are no hash marks, or witness marks on the diopter. Not a big deal, as I marked my own with a silver sharpie.

Parallax? This is a critical part of the scope to me. There IS a broad range on this scope....can't speak for the scopes made in the past, but this one has it.

Glass is better than any other Leupold I've ever looked through. Eye box is good, reticle definition was very good.

The true acid test will be 5-6 months of hard field use, and that is what I do best. If it holds zero, tracks, and doesn't fall apart or break, I'll rate it accordingly.

[Linked Image]
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Good to hear about the parallax.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,666
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.