Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
All we need is the D senate.

“They” made the decision on the constitutionality of this impeachment trial.

Since when does the senate decide constitutionality, which is the bailiwick of the court?

Sheesh.
Hold into the communism.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Not the final say. If by some off the wall happening gs he's found guilty he will appeal to SC who will really ha e no choice but to overturn. He's either the president, in which case Robert's has to sit, or he's not the president so a citizen and can't be impeached

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by ironbender
Since when does the senate decide constitutionality, which is the bailiwick of the court?

The supreme kangaroos wouldn't take that case.

Because, courts are reluctant to interfere in matters of the Constitution.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There was a time, long ago, when prior to passing legislation, they actually debated whether or not they could legally (constitutionally) pass laws. Now, it's pass it and dare someone to litigate.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Not the final say. If by some off the wall happening gs he's found guilty he will appeal to SC who will really ha e no choice but to overturn. He's either the president, in which case Robert's has to sit, or he's not the president so a citizen and can't be impeached
The SC wouldn't hear the case of the steal so why would they hear Trump's impeachment appeal? If they did, why would they have no choice but to overturn?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Sheesh.
Hold into the communism.

It's ridiculous I refuse to read or listen to any political "news" about it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Heard that news on the radio this morning, turned to wife and said "Interesting, lawmakers deciding Constitutionality. Isn't the the job of the Judiciary?"

hashtagNewNormal,We'reallinthistogther,there'snopeacewithoutunity,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The constitutionality of the impeachment has already been decided by SCOTUS. Thus Roberts' refusal to participate.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thought the same thing when I read the Senate had decided the constitutuonality of this issue. The whole thing is a big circus and a waste of taxpayers money. Meanwhile the illegitimate president is legislating with executive orders.
I would like to see a directive that the supreme court review the constitutionality of all proposed legislation before it is passed. The current process of constitutional review is obviously not working.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Sheesh.
Hold into the communism.

I too believe the senate needs to follow the constitution and do its duty. That being holding an impeachment hearing.
But these days the bitchy repuks have to muck around.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
IC B3

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

There was a time, long ago, when prior to passing legislation, they actually debated whether or not they could legally (constitutionally) pass laws. Now, it's pass it and dare someone to litigate.

Exactly. There’s no penalty on them for passing unconstitutional laws. Might as well see what they can get away with. YOU, on the other hand, can spend 5 plus years and hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to fight it, if you’d like. THEY have free lawyers, paid with your tax dollars.

Wanna fight a gun law??? Well, first you have to have “standing”, which in most cases, involves being charged with a felony. If you DO get convicted, you never get to own a firearm again.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Sheesh.
Hold into the communism.

I too believe the senate needs to follow the constitution and do its duty. That being holding an impeachment hearing.

Then you should be able to elucidate which article of COTUS defines impeachment of a private citizen. Or do you believe Trump is still legally POTUS.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

Sheesh.
Hold into the communism.

Im surprised that rick would allow a pedophile like you on a hunting forum

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
All the arguments and opinions are moot. Our government was constructed in such a way that it required honorable men (people) to run it. In the absence of such it can be anything to anybody. Which it is.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
.....................................................no need, we are no longer a Constitutional Republic, world laughing stock jokes are what we are.

Trump Won!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
The Constitution has been dead since 1865. No need to lament it now.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My interpretation of

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/394/text?q

Puts Trump in charge of the military till 3/20.

Cornell has an interesting perspective.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution-conan/article-2/section-2/clause-1/commander-in-chief

My guess is some folks are going to be wishing they'd made better decisions in life. It may not be the coos at the order of a judge....but the military at the defense of the Constitution.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Go back to sitting at the children’s table.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH
Not the final say. If by some off the wall happening gs he's found guilty he will appeal to SC who will really ha e no choice but to overturn.
Yeah, right... I don't trust that bunch to do squat considering the way they CHICKENED OUT on handling this totally fraudulent election... Eff 'em..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

143 members (406_SBC, 444Matt, 257_X_50, 19rabbit52, 270winchester, 16penny, 21 invisible), 1,899 guests, and 845 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,173
Posts18,465,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.