Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Rost495, compare a Remington action to any of the newer actions on the market from Sako, Tikka, Kimber, Barrett, Bergara, etc. and explain to me Remington's virtues....

Rost is the guy that brags about shooting deer from his air conditioned deer blind at 700 yards from his ar 15 in 223, hits every time.

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Rost495, compare a Remington action to any of the newer actions on the market from Sako, Tikka, Kimber, Barrett, Bergara, etc. and explain to me Remington's virtues....

We get it. Remingtons are junk. I am curious why so many small semi custom gun makers have copied it almost exactly. If they didn't copy the 700 then it was pre 64 model 70. Man are these guys stupid.

^^^^^^^^^
Truth
Stock 700s will shoot as good as any .I have bought many junk Kimbers wanting them to work.Bergara did not impress me.I have had good luck with 700`s,Tikka`s,Sako`s.The triggers on my last two Mo.700 LTR`s are 40X triggers and as good as any Timney made.Both rifles shoot groups as small as .260.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

We get it. Remingtons are junk. I am curious why so many small semi custom gun makers have copied it almost exactly. If they didn't copy the 700 then it was pre 64 model 70. Man are these guys stupid.

They've copied it almost exactly because it's a very easy design to machine/manufacture. That's what it was designed to be. That doesn't mean Remington has always done an exemplary job of manufacturing them, nor of quality control. It's easy to make a good one, Remington just hasn't always done it. A good design still has to be well executed to make a good product. Most of those who have "..copied it almost exactly..." probably aren't using Remington triggers or barrels.

I only have a couple of 700's and really have no complaints about their performance. I did put a Timney trigger in one and it's a definite improvement.

Right now, I would be leery of anything that's recently come out of the Ilion plant..and I know people who've spent their entire careers there.

Mathew 22: 37-39

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
They should bring back the 788.

I agree.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Well I used a LH M700 short action in Match Rifle competition and fired thousands of rounds over a period of ten years; never had broken firing pin, extractor, or ejection failure and won lots of garbage with it! That action today is providing a home for my 6.5 x 47 Lapua which shoots lights out back to 1200 yards! Got 12 more of those actions and proud to own ‘em!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Well Remington was not really making them to the standards of the pre 1990 models. The copies are often much nicer than Remington was putting out before they went out of business.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Rost is the guy that brags about shooting deer from his air conditioned deer blind at 700 yards from his ar 15 in 223, hits every time.

Seeing how he had a High Master classification, I believe him.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I wish the folks at Remington well. Having said that, I think they are screwed. Look at the make up of the board of Round Hill. If I was looking at the right group. London UK based. 100% real estate investors. Most with private equity back ground (squeeze more blood out of the turnip). 50/50 US nationals vs foreign nationals. The closest they come to a firearms background is one Chem E in the bunch. Lead man is a world class competitive polo player.

After reading their bio’s / CV’s, my question “What real estate holdings does Remington Arms hold that they would want to exploit?”

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C

I agree.

Nobody likes the 788 more than I do. I bought one as soon as they hit the market. Later, when I got out of the Navy, I got one for my kid brother for his first CF rifle. I have to wonder how it would go over in today's world. There are a lot of economy rifles out there today that would compete with it price-wise and accuracy-wise and not seem so crude to the intended market.

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
I wonder when a 7600 will be available? Used ones are beyond crazy in price.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by rickt300

Well Remington was not really making them to the standards of the pre 1990 models. The copies are often much nicer than Remington was putting out before they went out of business.

Very true but that's something that could be changed if the right person was in charge. It likely won't happen with the new ownership though.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cra1948

I agree.

Nobody likes the 788 more than I do. I bought one as soon as they hit the market. Later, when I got out of the Navy, I got one for my kid brother for his first CF rifle. I have to wonder how it would go over in today's world. There are a lot of economy rifles out there today that would compete with it price-wise and accuracy-wise and not seem so crude to the intended market.

Good points to be considered, the other side of the coin might be how well a 788 could be made using CNC machining and modern quality control techniques. Just a thought...

I think 788s available in .22 Hornet and .204 Ruger might be awfully interesting. How about a 788 in 6mm ARC?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by RiverRider

I agree.

Good points to be considered, the other side of the coin might be how well a 788 could be made using CNC machining and modern quality control techniques. Just a thought...

I think 788s available in .22 Hornet and .204 Ruger might be awfully interesting. How about a 788 in 6mm ARC?

I would really like a 788 in .30-30. Don't ask me why.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The Finn’s have won over my heart and I don’t see myself buying any Remingtons in the near future

Last edited by Motown; 02/11/21.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Someone needs to bust into their barrel plant and scuttle anything that could be used to twist a barrel in anything other than 8 twist. Make them boys twist every barrel they make at 8 twist.
That would be a good start.
They could make some nonsense add marketing it as a cutting edge development in rifle technology.

Rick
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Cerebus bought out Remington, Marlin, H&R, Bushmaster, and DPMS.

In the bankrupcy, it was my understanding that Vista Outdoors, who also owns a ton of companys like Federal, Bushnell, Weaver, Simmons, Alliant powder, CCI, Redfield, Speer, Hoppes #9, RCBS and others bought Remington ammo.

Ruger bought Marlin and I think H&R. Hope they pair their revolvers with matching caliber lever actions.

Don't know who bought Bushmaster and DPMS. I thought Palmetto State bought part of the Remington company.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Seeing how he had a High Master classification, I believe him.

Plus 1

I haven’t read about all of his exploits but I’ve read enough to know that he can shoot, knows what he’s talking about and doesn’t BS.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm not sure why people fawn over an M700. Nothing endearing or high tech about that action. Its design was based off ease of manufacturing and cost, not performance. Seldom are those actions straight, horrible triggers, janky bolt release, junk extractor, brazed bolt handle....

Grin. And you can add those pos Leupolds as well.

Ya might wanna take up fly fishing!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by old_boots

Well said and so, so true. NY is not the place for any firearms company. I wish I could get out of here myself... What's keeping me you ask? Family and being almost old...

That’s what was keeping us there for too long. Finally left a couple of pretty good jobs, a beautiful home, and told the family, “It’s all yours. Goodbye.” Almost old? I was 71 when we left.

If family wants to see us, they know where we are.

Life is too short to spend living in a Marxist schitthole.

Originally Posted by Motown
The Finn’s have won over my heart and I don’t see myself buying any Remingtons in the near future

Yep. Me too, except for the 870. That clunky sumbich is dangerous as a shotgun and an impact weapon.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 240NMC
New guns from Remington???? Nah.....
Can’t wait for the Remington branded stuff....
Remington Shoes
Remington Boots
Remington’s new line of women’s sportswear
Remington’s back to school collection
Remington Jeti Coolers
Remington boxer shorts (Those are the one’s I’m waiting for....)

Remington FLAME THROWERS 🔥!!! (The kids are gonna love that one)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

640 members (10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 160user, 19rabbit52, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,049 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,239
Posts18,447,871
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.