Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#15777009 02/12/21
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
A couple years ago, I was in the Park Bar in Fairplay, CO with my brother ordering a buffalo swiss burger. Modestly concerned that I was going to get shot or pistol-whipped for doing so in a place like that, I asked the waitress if they had any wine. She said sure, what kind? I said cabernet. She brought out a glass of it. It was better than I was expecting. I asked her what it was, and she told me Black Box. It was a transformational moment in my life.

I have experimented with others, and lately, I have been getting the Franzia Dark Red Blend. It’s a 5-liter box that stays fresh up to 6 weeks. That’s 6.7 bottles of wine for $18.00 at WM, or about $2.70 / bottle. That’s basically free wine – it’s cheaper than buying water. It’s darned good to me. Who knew?

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I haven't drank a box of wine in years , I'll have to check it out .

I drink some ''lesser expensive'' can't remember the name right now haven't had any in 3-4 weeks .

Gal say; you alcoholic , I say why-no ,, ->wine-O - that's a joke - you get it ? Why No -- see? wine-O --- OMG that's the funniest joke ever- so funny

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently it’s a pretty good way to drink young wines.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Chillable Red here

$8-9 cheaper a box in Idaho

I blame mittens

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Love box wines. They never go bad unlike a bottle where you have to drink it all once opened. Black box is good. I also like Bota Box.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
A couple years ago, I was in the Park Bar in Fairplay, CO with my brother ordering a buffalo swiss burger. Modestly concerned that I was going to get shot or pistol-whipped for doing so in a place like that, I asked the waitress if they had any wine. She said sure, what kind? I said cabernet. She brought out a glass of it. It was better than I was expecting. I asked her what it was, and she told me Black Box. It was a transformational moment in my life.

I have experimented with others, and lately, I have been getting the Franzia Dark Red Blend. It’s a 5-liter box that stays fresh up to 6 weeks. That’s 6.7 bottles of wine for $18.00 at WM, or about $2.70 / bottle. That’s basically free wine – it’s cheaper than buying water. It’s darned good to me. Who knew?

elk camp wine

this stuff aint bad

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by ribka; 02/12/21.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That is all my wife drinks, Double Dog Dare from Total Wine. It goes for $13/box.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Love box wines. They never go bad unlike a bottle where you have to drink it all once opened. Black box is good. I also like Bota Box.

typical southern racist Biden supporter

What Racism Looks Like Inside a Napa Valley Tasting Room

https://vinepair.com/articles/racism-inside-a-napa-valley-tasting-room/

Last edited by ribka; 02/12/21.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You guys have the Kirkland box Cabernet at your Costco’s?
If you see it grab some.. it’s very good

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by MarineHawk

elk camp wine

this stuff aint bad

That's probably tied with me for the best with the Franzia Dark Red Blend, but the Franzia is about $2.7 / bottle, and the Bota is about $4 / bottle.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Certifiable

not at Utah Costco's

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Box wine is great, travels via snowmachine better than bottles even though we’ve got some fancy lil wine bottle “vault” or container

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Certifiable

+1

Of the cheap boxed Cabs I rank them:

1. Kirkland
2. Peter Vella
3. Franzia

That's not a knock on Franzia either, it's a good cab!

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey and her friend drank a box of that cshit one night. They were both puking their guts out. If I even mention box wine, she starts dry heaving.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My fondest memories of Paris, France is spending the afternoons in the wine bars with a plate of deli meats and 3/4 of a bottle standard wine. The cost of this bliss was about $14.00US. The standard wine quality in is bFrnaceetter that our very best wines.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My fondest memories of Paris, France is spending the afternoons in the wine bars with a plate of deli meats and 3/4 of a bottle standard wine. The cost of this bliss was about $14.00US. The standard wine quality in France is better that our very best wines.

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hanco
Wifey and her friend drank a box of that cshit one night. They were both puking their guts out. If I even mention box wine, she starts dry heaving.

I'm not saying that there aren't bad variants of boxed wine, but there are some good ones.

And, if two ladies drank a whole standard 3-liter box, that's two bottles of wine for each of them. Depending on their tolerances, they might have gotten in a little too deep with the volume, aside from the quality.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Was doing a carpet repair a couple of weeks ago in an unoccupied rental, when I was throwing the scraps in the trash can there was an unopen bottle of wine in there. I got it and took it home, I'm not much of a wine drinker but it was good.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

( i know not boxed )
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i'm partial to the Almaden merlot

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
This is good to know - I've had boxed wine before but have never bought it. I'm not a big wine drinker, but do like a glass or two of red with a good meal, and also before bed at night - really helps me sleep. I'm going to check this out next trip to Costco...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

295 members (22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 1,915 guests, and 1,034 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,306
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.