Print Thread
Hop To
M
mikieb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
It's a slow night tonight at work.... so, looking for what is left on dealer lots for 2020 model year 4X4 trucks. It's February, the 2020 trucks should all be long gone by now....

I searched Auto Trader, 300 miles from my house, for any 4X4, in any trim level. A lot of these trucks are really high end trim and just way over priced or low end crank window models... but there are some bargains in between... The best bargain prices I see are on the Nissan Frontier trucks... some real bargains in that group.

I didn't search for any 2500 or 3500 series trucks. But, there are a whole bunch of those left also.

Brand unit count

Toyota Tacoma 1
Chev Colorado 1
GMC Canyon 1
Toyota Tundra 4
GMC K1500 29
Nissan Titan 35
Nissan Frontier 176
Ram 1500 198
Chev K1500 205
Ford Ranger 290
Ford F150 1382

For claiming that they are the sales leader.... Ford Sill has a bunch of 2020 equipment for sale on the lots yet.

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

They only win.... when they cheat.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
follow the money...

There is a reason that the Toyotas only have a couple of trucks left for sale...

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Reckon it might be that they make a lot more of them?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A lot more Ford, GM and Ram dealers around than the others.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All the new government requirements on pickups are pushing the price of new ones beyond the reach of many people. What do TPMS and a backup camera add to the price, just to name a couple?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
From what I have seen in prices to add them the TPMS is $200-$400 and from a cousin said when he decided not to get back-up cameras when they were still optional it was $1000 for the

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Not a lot of new trucks around here, low enough inventory to drive late model prices up.
Originally Posted by TheKid
Reckon it might be that they make a lot more of them?
You're correct. A quick search reveals:

The F-series (150-450) pickup has sold 713,325 pickups through November 2020. This is just over 195,000 more pickups than its second-place competitor. They sold another 74,097 in December. About 100k less trucks for the year than in 2019. They estimate the industry as a whole is off 15%, fleet is down 25%.

From April through the end of October Toyota plans to build about 800,000 cars, trucks and crossovers in North America. A reduction of 29%.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Not many Toyota dealers around here.Most are in big cities not farming communities.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by coobie
Not many Toyota dealers around here.Most are in big cities not farming communities.

That's right.
Here, within 8 miles we have Dodge, Ford, Gm and Subaru.
Anything else you have to drive 30+ miles, and leave the county.

If European trips your trigger you are driving 70+ miles and crossing
counties.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Toyota markets to suburbia. That's why they've never made a 3/4 ton or diesel Tundra.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by coobie

That's right.
Here, within 8 miles we have Dodge, Ford, Gm and Subaru.
Anything else you have to drive 30+ miles, and leave the county.

If European trips your trigger you are driving 70+ miles and crossing
counties.

Same here, except for Subaru. They're right beside of the Euro-Trash; 70+ miles away.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
follow the money...

There is a reason that the Toyotas only have a couple of trucks left for sale...

It’s because they don’t put as many on the lot to start with. It’s a 180 degree swing from Ford or Chevys strategy .

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I am shopping.

2-3 year old 1/2 tons are not far off New prices, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't buy new.

I'm hoping things cool off a bit in regards to truck pricing. Biden driving gas prices up will help, I'm assuming. Gonna wait that out and see what happens.

M
mikieb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I am shopping.

2-3 year old 1/2 tons are not far off New prices, so I'm not sure why I wouldn't buy new.

I'm hoping things cool off a bit in regards to truck pricing. Biden driving gas prices up will help, I'm assuming. Gonna wait that out and see what happens.

That is good thinking.... if the gas price pops up over 3 bucks you will see truck sales start to soften.... and it give you more time to save. The longer you shop and the more you save gives you a lot more negation strength... Plus... you might run into a guy with too much truck that just needs to get out of it....

Well... we have come to the point.... where... the parasites are killing the host. It's only a matter of time now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Since you are a WI. guy, are you shopping at lenztruck.com? They advertise they have 800 used late model trucks and SUV’s on the lot at any one time. You can look them up and buy on line too. I see a lot of nice stuff with Lenz Truck stickers on them around here. I’m not sure where or how they can get that many nice nearly new trucks to sell, but they seem to. If you are in central WI. You can’t be too far from Fond du Lac.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Good luck. We took a Sunday afternoon to cruise the local truck lots to see what was available. It didn’t take long to look at a total of less than 20 trucks without a 3/4 ton or one ton in the bunch.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by mikieb
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
I am shopping.

That is good thinking.... if the gas price pops up over 3 bucks you will see truck sales start to soften.... and it give you more time to save. The longer you shop and the more you save gives you a lot more negation strength... Plus... you might run into a guy with too much truck that just needs to get out of it....

IDK about that. I'm getting nearly 20 mpg in my F-150, mixed daily driving. Keeping my foot somewhat out of it of course.

Camp is where you make it.
M
mikieb Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Windfall
Since you are a WI. guy, are you shopping at lenztruck.com? They advertise they have 800 used late model trucks and SUV’s on the lot at any one time. You can look them up and buy on line too. I see a lot of nice stuff with Lenz Truck stickers on them around here. I’m not sure where or how they can get that many nice nearly new trucks to sell, but they seem to. If you are in central WI. You can’t be too far from Fond du Lac.

I have tried to buy a truck from them a few years ago.... I had my fiancé all lined up and all I needed to do was to find a truck..

I found a truck on their lot that would work... but at the time GMC/Chev were practicly giving trucks away with the "employee pricing" program. I stoped in at Lenz to talk to a sales man about their truck before I went to a GM dealer. In trying to negotiate with the salesman the conversation went south in pretty short order... the salesman was one of the two Lenz brothers... he was quite insulting... I mean really.... it's simple... They have a truck and I have the money.... let's just agree on a price... and the whole thing almost turned into an all out brawl.

I told my older brother about it... he was laughing so hard about it, he almost wet himself....

Two months or so later he was shopping for a Dodge truck.... and stopped in at Lenz to talk with a salesman about negotiating a price for unit they had on the lot.... He got the same treatment....When they sat down in the office... the salesman was literally insulting him in the sales office.. almost went over the salesman's desk to grab that sob by the neck... He got so f'ing mad he left... He didn't know who the salesman was, he never got to the business card part...

Not to say I wouldn't buy a truck from them now... it would really have to be a good deal... and with their $375.00 dealer fee on each truck... it would be a really good deal. I don't see it happening.

J
JDK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
GM and Ford dealer here in town.

GM dealer has 8 trucks on the lot. 1 Harley Davidson edition listed at $95K, 1 Denali, and 6 used Sierras.

Ford dealer has maybe 20 trucks including 1 stickered at $75,000 but most are used.

Both of these dealers normally have 75-100 trucks on their lots.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The lack of supply this year really screwed things up in vehicle sales. The great sales that they were having prior to COVID have all but disappeared, while new year models have increased in price. As a side note Ford has had so few discounts over the last year or two that unless you are brand loyal there’s no way a guy is paying $6k+ more for an F150 than a similarly equipped GM or Ram.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,139 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,135
Posts18,464,707
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.