Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Bocajnala
The real question is will it return to "normal" or is this the new normal?

The answer is:

When sufficient supplies exist @ "normal" pricing from retailers that they can fully supply the market and "undercut" the secondary (gray) market folks. OR sufficiently high prices from retailers are enough to curtail the current profiting enjoyed by the secondary (gray) market.

The 1st ones to bitch if the retailers raise pricing enough to cut out the gray market, will be the people currently profiting within the gray market.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bperdue21
This was posted by a local gun shop. FWIW Last time I was in that shop he had the 9mm priced at $17.99/box one box limit and this was probably 3 weeks ago.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That's just based on economic ignorance. The dealers have to price things with replacement cost in mind, regardless of what they paid for their current inventory.

Bullchit, they know more is coming and this will sell almost as quick as it would if it were $20/box so they figure why the hell not mark it up and make $20+ per box. I hope they go out of business for their shenannigans.

The nearly empty shelves at every gun shop, big-box retailer, and convenience store suggest otherwise. Perhaps UNCC doesn't teach economics?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
9,3 x 62 Mauser ammo is under $20 a box... abundant supply. Ammoseek.

Talked to Jesse at JES last night... no huge backlog.

$250 to convert a Winchester 70 or a Remington 700 from 270 or 30-06. That includes return shipping. $25 more if the gun is stainless steel.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Kaiser Norton
I know this has been discussed before but from someone who actually has to purchase from suppliers, has your price for loaded ammo really gone up 2.5-3X? That appears to be what is reflected locally and online. Big retailers seem to be holding prices and I can't imagine them losing money intentionally. I don't know enough about the ordering to have a valid opinion but it does appear some online vendors and local shops are gouging to take advantage of the situation we are in. Maybe it's the best way to slow down demand while supply catches back up?

Luckily I reload, but still wish I had several thousand more primers on hand. I'm likely stocked up for over a year at the rate I shoot for small rifle and pistol, longer than that for large rifle. I would like to get back to $0.30/rd ammo on .223 so I can just buy it instead of having to load to shoot.

Maybe you could name some of these "Big Retailers" that have kept their prices down so some of your fellow shooters can get some reasonably priced ammo, I am seeing either rising prices or empty shelves, usually both.

Kaiser Norton

Academy, Cabelas, Scheels, Rogers Sporting Goods

Walmart still has fridge packs of 100 game load 12 gauge for $21.94

But we all know the virtue signaling Caribou Bob’s still suck their local LGS cock and “rootin tootin I wont step foot in a walmarts couldnt pay me to go in there, might snag my bolo tie on somethin made in chiner and get choked”

I bought ten of them a week ago. Paid more for the ten packs of 20 though.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by horse1

The nearly empty shelves at every gun shop, big-box retailer, and convenience store suggest otherwise. Perhaps UNCC doesn't teach economics?

A couple of the ones I’m speaking of get in regular shipments nearly weekly, yet they still charge $40/50 for 9mm and $1/rd for 223/5.56. I suppose there are people desperate or dumb enough to pay it, but myself and lots of others see it as gouging and these will be the last places I frequent if it ever turns around. I’ve seen one in particular, Hyatt’s charging ridiculous prices on standard and HV 22 LR, $18.99 for a box of 50. It didn’t appear to be moving that fast so I thank them for keeping it that high so supply maybe can catch up with demand.

The post by that shop in VA confirms what I thought was happening, LGS taking advantage of their loyal customers. They shouldn’t be surprised if they go under when or if times get good again. Maybe they are afraid it won’t and are making as much as they can while they can.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Saw a shop that had ww 3030 for 29.99 a box.
150 gr i think.
Old factory stuff they bought off somebody proly.

Somebody commented the crap was worth a 100 a box LOL

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
.223 is a buck a round these parts.
Thats 2.5x normal price.
It moves but not super fast

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hookeye
Thats 2.5x normal price.

I bought a 1000 rounds of 223 62gr hollow points yesterday for $360.

Lucked into it though. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
150 gr i think.

Holy schitt.
Hookeye just made Bwana!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
At the LGS yesterday and they had .223 PMC Broze for 14.99 and PMC Tac for 16.99 per 20. I didn’t buy any since I don’t “need” any.

If it was .222 Rem Mag brass (or loaded 🤓) I’d have been all over it. I’m focusing my current attention on the old Bofors Sako Varmint rifle I inherited.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by renegade50
150 gr i think.

Holy schitt.
Hookeye just made Bwana!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Never gonna catch up to silent mod though.
Sniffin paint and posting, you got bof skillz.

Not even grasshopper level here

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
At the LGS yesterday and they had .223 PMC Broze for 14.99 and PMC Tac for 16.99 per 20. I didn’t buy any since I don’t “need” any.

If it was .222 Rem Mag brass (or loaded 🤓) I’d have been all over it. I’m focusing my current attention on the old Bofors Sako Varmint rifle I inherited.

Bronze at RK was 7.20 pre panic, normally 7.99

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
New picture, Bomagaars Supply Storm Lake, Iowa. Nothin' but shotshells.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Back in the 1980s, it was about $5.00 for twenty.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H

A couple of the ones I’m speaking of get in regular shipments nearly weekly, yet they still charge $40/50 for 9mm and $1/rd for 223/5.56. I suppose there are people desperate or dumb enough to pay it, but myself and lots of others see it as gouging and these will be the last places I frequent if it ever turns around. I’ve seen one in particular, Hyatt’s charging ridiculous prices on standard and HV 22 LR, $18.99 for a box of 50. It didn’t appear to be moving that fast so I thank them for keeping it that high so supply maybe can catch up with demand.

The post by that shop in VA confirms what I thought was happening, LGS taking advantage of their loyal customers. They shouldn’t be surprised if they go under when or if times get good again. Maybe they are afraid it won’t and are making as much as they can while they can.

The only way this gets "solved" is for the retailer to take the margin out of the grey market.

I don't get it, you're pissed about $40-$50 9MM and $1/round 223's and glad for $19/50 .22lr's????

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Thats 2.5x normal price.

Sweet!

Im only needing some plinker .22 rf for the kid. As she cant do recoil for health reasons. Port is on right side so proly get a Buckmark and put reflex on it. She said she'd try rifle on the left, but is right eye dominant. Wears glasses so could tape a lens. Still w retina risk...rimfire only.

Last edited by hookeye; 02/12/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCI will sell 9MM ammo to the public when available at $20 a box of 50..

So much for manufacturers outrageously jacking up prices.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Back in the 1980s, it was about $5.00 for twenty.

We sold it in my shop in the 2000’s for $4.95.

We also sold 8# jugs of pistol powder for $35 when we had bought into a huge overstock.

I was merely suggesting that $15 or $16 still ain’t a $1 a round, not that it was a screaming deal. Hence my not buying.

Gas was a nickel and we walked to school 5 miles each way, up hill......

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
U
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
U

The only way this gets "solved" is for the retailer to take the margin out of the grey market.

I don't get it, you're pissed about $40-$50 9MM and $1/round 223's and glad for $19/50 .22lr's????

It’s a joke.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Thats 2.5x normal price.

Sweet!

Im only needing some plinker .22 rf for the kid. As she cant do recoil for health reasons. Port is on right side so proly get a Buckmark and put reflex on it. She said she'd try rifle on the left, but is right eye dominant. Wears glasses so could tape a lens. Still w retina risk...rimfire only.

If you need some .22lr for your daughter to shoot, PM me, and I'll send her plenty.

No charge.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

593 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 2500HD, 160user, 22250rem, 60 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,279
Posts18,448,505
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.