Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I've been wearing some old lacrosse pac boots. I've had them a long time and I needed to upgrade. I bought a pair of lacrosse 2000 gram extreme pac boots. No removable liner with these. I tried them out this afternoon squirrel hunting. It was 21 degrees out. No problem, my feet stayed nice and warm.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No removeable liners would be a no-go for me..... no matter how warm.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by huntsman22
No removeable liners would be a no-go for me..... no matter how warm.

+1 on this. Tough to beat a good felt liner in a Pac. I like Hoffman pacs myself.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Have you looked at the Schnee line of pac boots. I believe the pair I have is called the Outfitter. I bought them at least 10 years ago and they fit in a stirrup. They are my go to cold weather boot.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Have you looked at the Schnee line of pac boots. I believe the pair I have is called the Outfitter. I bought them at least 10 years ago and they fit in a stirrup. They are my go to cold weather boot. I will say to bring a lighter pair of boots also because these are very warm .

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I've used the white military "bunny boots" now for many years. Take a look at pictures of Alaskans foot wear in the winter (not referring to the reality shows) and you'll see those are the norm.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Noone around here carries pac boots with a removable liner. I don't know why, we have plenty of cold weather. I don't care to send for boots, usually have to send them back because of sizing.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I've been wearing some old lacrosse pac boots. I've had them a long time and I needed to upgrade. I bought a pair of lacrosse 2000 gram extreme pac boots. No removable liner with these. I tried them out this afternoon squirrel hunting. It was 21 degrees out. No problem, my feet stayed nice and warm.
Baffin Titian great cold weather boots..Made in Canada ..Order 1 size larger then your normal foot size.

Last edited by coobie; 02/14/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coobie
Baffin Titian great cold weather boots..Made in Canada ..Order 1 size larger then your normal foot size.

My most recent purchase was Baffin. I sit hunt late season often in very frigid weather and my feet have never come close to getting cold. Great pac boots.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can only afford one pair of pac boots. LaCrosse Iceman. grin

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by roundoak; 02/14/21.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_Reloader
Originally Posted by coobie

My most recent purchase was Baffin. I sit hunt late season often in very frigid weather and my feet have never come close to getting cold. Great pac boots.

I have apair of those. Mine has the steel toe. I needed them one time for work.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My Baffins needed to be almost 2 sizes smaller than actual. Very warm. Always wore Lacrosse IceMan, but once they went overseas the quality went downhill. Have bought a few pair of Sorel last; not that warm though.

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I haven't found anything warmer than baffin, my company pays 50% of the cost of my work boots as long as they are EH rated and have steel or composite toe so I usually buy baffin every other year or so

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mtj21
My Baffins needed to be almost 2 sizes smaller than actual. Very warm. Always wore Lacrosse IceMan, but once they went overseas the quality went downhill. Have bought a few pair of Sorel last; not that warm though.
Went overseas? My recent baffin boot purchase(1/20/21) boots still stated made in Canada and stamped so on the bottom of the boots..Weird chit on your sizing chart every Baffin boot I purchased I need one size larger then more normal foot size. crazy

Last edited by coobie; 02/14/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've never squirrel hunted. But I bird hunt a fair amount and all of my deer hunting is done afoot. @ 21F, no insulation required.

If there's some snow on the ground and it's closer to 0F, I use Schnees Outfitter II 13' pacs.

If I'm going to be stationary, I use Muck Arctics.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
For the close to home hunting stuff a good pac is ok. If you however hunt remote and it actually matters the only choice is the military bunny boot. No if’s or ands about it. Edk

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ERK
For the close to home hunting stuff a good pac is ok. If you however hunt remote and it actually matters the only choice is the military bunny boot. No if’s or ands about it. Edk

Of course, there are always exceptions. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by ERK

Don't know that I agree. I spent a lot of cold days(100s) guiding in the frank church wilderness. I and every other guide was running sorrels, or some other brand with 1/2" felt liners. We stayed good and warm, never saw a bunny boot, not that they wouldnt have worked. A good air bob sole was important on the steep frozen ground. With today's gear it is hard to say there is "only" one way.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by ERK

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

331 members (22250rem, 240NMC, 160user, 2500HD, 163bc, 12344mag, 34 invisible), 1,955 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,320
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.