Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That Bronco looks like an old International scout II. YUCK!

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Love Fords. had a f150, then a 14 Raptor/supercharged, now with a f250. Wife wanted something new so we had a deposit down on a bronco... went in to order it in September I think... after an hour or so and the knowledge of the impending delay we left and drove to the Land Rover dealership and bought the new defender. Wife loves it. I think the bronco will do well but wish it came with the 3.5 Ecoboost instead of the 2.7. I just won't be experiencing it in the near future.

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bayouhunter
Love Fords. had a f150, then a 14 Raptor/supercharged, now with a f250. Wife wanted something new so we had a deposit down on a bronco... went in to order it in September I think... after an hour or so and the knowledge of the impending delay we left and drove to the Land Rover dealership and bought the new defender. Wife loves it. I think the bronco will do well but wish it came with the 3.5 Ecoboost instead of the 2.7. I just won't be experiencing it in the near future.

Was rumored that the Raptor version would offer the 3.5 ecoboost.

I believe that was in Car and Driver,,,maybe.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Just seen one today on road looked small and not very off-road capable kinda disappointed

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Nepahunter
Just seen one today on road looked small and not very off-road capable kinda disappointed

You saw the Bronco sport. The bigger Bronco has not been released yet.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Mac84
Bronco II in size

Larger

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by Capt_Craig
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The real Bronco really needs the 5.0 Coyote engine as an option, though Ford won’t put a V8 into a Ranger based truck. The 5.0 is much easier to mod, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is a proven engine (though still a Ford engine). Waiting to see and drive one of the manuals before putting my money down. Tick tock Ford, tick tock...
Really? My daughter's Explorer looks just like a Ranger that's covered and it has a V8. FWIW it's got a little more power than my wife's Merc Mountaineer with the V6, but the Mountaineer normally bests it by a coupleof MPG.

Yep, sadly Ford has axed putting a V8 in these, at least for now. Their big thing is using Ecoboost engines instead, so that’s prob what they will go with if they ever make a Raptor version. I’m interested and will need a new something or other in the next year or so, but not going to even consider it until I can drive one with the manual transmission. Unfortunately Ford is only going manual in the smaller of the two engines available so they can make MPG standards with the larger engine. We will see...

If not, I’ll be waiting to see what the next gen Tacomas and Tundras turn out to be, especially gas mileage wise. Tick tock Toyota...
When I said that, I was thinking in terms of the "old" Rangers that they discontinued, and wasn't even thinking about the new ones that just came out. I had no idea what the new ones have.

Personally, I can see no need for one of the new Rangers. No offense to anybody that has one or likes them. I think they look cool and there are a lot of things I like about the smaller size but be that as it may, if I hit the Powerball tonight, they won't be something I consider. The F150 bests them in about every way other than just being easier to park and store. The only other thing is mileage and the difference is so slight as to not be worth it IMO.

Hard to beat a F-150 with the bigger EcoBoost V-6.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Sports are a small size SUV like the old Explorer.

The full-size Bronco are on a F-150 chasis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bronco and a Bronco Sport

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
🦫

Meh...they look like something a JAP from Tokyo would design.

I’d they had Toyota badges they’d be perfect.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
That Bronco looks like an old International scout II. YUCK!

Haw, haw laugh my thoughts exactly.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Where's that guy that had the old Ridgeline with the boss canopy to chime in with his expert analysis?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Where's that guy that had the old Ridgeline with the boss canopy to chime in with his expert analysis?

LOL !

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Bronco and a Bronco Sport

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
🦫

Pregnant roller skate.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A bicycle rack would really set that cute little yellow one off in a crowd ! Maybe some stickers And Pink stripes, then call it the Rachal Madcow version !

Kind of the Dykes on bikes version of the Eddie Bauer edition , flaming Exploder!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The real Bronco really needs the 5.0 Coyote engine as an option, though Ford won’t put a V8 into a Ranger based truck. The 5.0 is much easier to mod, has a ton of aftermarket support, and is a proven engine (though still a Ford engine). Waiting to see and drive one of the manuals before putting my money down. Tick tock Ford, tick tock...

The Coyote engine would turn a new Bronco inside out. Like putting a 427 rat motor in a '64 unibody Nova.

Done it. Drove it. Put the 327 back in the next weekend.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Gibby

The Coyote engine would turn a new Bronco inside out. Like putting a 427 rat motor in a '64 unibody Nova.

The 5.0 Coyote is a tall motor. Too tall to fit in a Bronco without significantly raising the hood line.
Besides, the 2.7 liter Ecoboost in the F-150 is quicker than the 5.0 liter in same. That motor is strong for it’s size.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The two door model isn't supposed to out until May. Then I can actually go check them out. Nothing settled until then. And I'm in no hurry.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Easy pass for me, ran a GM TBI on top of the AMC 360 for years but got a wild hair and started working on a 5.3/4L60/NP241C. After the swap is complete I will re-gear to 3.73's and hunt down a 6.0/4L80, a centrifugal SC and probably destroy the D44's starting over again.

Electronics will consist of DBW so easy to add cruise control and that's it, all the electronics on my 2020 F150 are a headache because they keep failing.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

The 180K mile L59 I pulled from the Yukon sound damn good and was really clean inside.

Stupid fk'n 'fire software is blocking fl ick r in the link...[bleep] computer logic is equally as retarded as liberals.

https://www.[bleep].com/photos/131457951N05/30815665608/in/dateposted-public/

Dave

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

The 5.0 Coyote is a tall motor. Too tall to fit in a Bronco without significantly raising the hood line.
Besides, the 2.7 liter Ecoboost in the F-150 is quicker than the 5.0 liter in same. That motor is strong for it’s size.

But,but.but you have to pipe in exhaust sound to sound like a real engine.

The Coyote sits very low in the engine compartment.

But with those heads it sure is wide.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

But,but.but you have to pipe in exhaust sound to sound like a real engine.

The Coyote sits very low in the engine compartment.

But with those heads it sure is wide.

That is so weird, I plugged that hole on my '19 GT....dumb as dirt to pipe sound into a cab with operable windows.

Dave

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

195 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 280ACKIMP, 35, 22 invisible), 1,397 guests, and 975 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,224
Posts18,447,532
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.