Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
An elected official is supposed to vote how their constituents want them to vote, not how they feel. We've lost our way big-time.

Life is good live it while you can.
GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
An elected official is supposed to vote how their constituents want them to vote, not how they feel. We've lost our way big-time.

That is the way it is supposed to work but now they vote the way their lobbyists tell them.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Once elected, their constituents are at the bottom of their priority list. They (politicians) become selfish and self-centered to the Nth degree. They are at the very top of their own priority list. What’s best for themselves is their chief concern. Democrats ‘and’ Republicans both.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
They take an oath to uphold the COTUS, not to their constituents wish list.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

This in total.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I hope the good people of Kentucky give the treacherous turtle his walking papers next go 'round. Utah, send Mittens a message. I'm happy to see good people everywhere have hurt twitter, NFL, Fox, we may feel powerless now, but we are sending a loud and clear message.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then why put on the charade of pandering to their constituents when they’re running for office...? And how many of em’ “uphold the COTUS”...? And is voting how their constituents want them to vote mutually exclusive from upholding the COTUS...?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I hope the good people of Kentucky give the treacherous turtle his walking papers next go 'round. Utah, send Mittens a message. I'm happy to see good people everywhere have hurt twitter, NFL, Fox, we may feel powerless now, but we are sending a loud and clear message.

A loud, clear message that falls on deaf, uncaring ears.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Upholding the Constitution of the United States is a joke to most politicians.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M

I would say definitely true in the House of Representatives.

In the Senate, I see it a little more leeway for personal discretion. However, veer too far off the path, and good bye to re-election.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Upholding the Constitution of the United States is a joke to most politicians.
They give lip service to it when it suits their needs, and they wipe their ass with it when it doesn’t.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Not true

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The COTUS is nothing more than an obstacle to most politicians. Once elected they are constantly trying to figure out a way around, over, under, or thru it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
La has already censured their senator.

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MAC

That is the way it is supposed to work but now they vote the way their lobbyists tell them.

I would also add to the lobbyists the fact that the CCP has compromised every aspect and level of local, state & federal government!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes and no. If what you're saying was true, it's an argument for a purely popular vote system. There's no perfect system. If they voted purely as constituents damanded we would have mob rule by proxy. Representatives are supposed to be more educated than the general public on the law and constitutional matters. They need to strike a balance between those things and the raw demands of the population. That's why we have a republic vice a pure democracy. The root of the problem is the electorate's failure to put people in office that can ethically achieve that balance at the expense of their own greed, corruption and lust for power.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Speaker of the House Henry Clay did just that in the election of 1824. After making his "corrupt bargain" with JQ Adams to throw his electorial Vote for him instead of for his constituents choice of Jackson. He got Sec of State position out of the deal.

Last edited by kaywoodie; 02/14/21.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Here politicians answer to special interest groups, corporate donors, billionaires,.......The media convinces those "those working for bowl of rice" to vote to keep the system going.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Abraham Lincoln

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Recall his butt.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1eyedmule, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 56 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,241
Posts18,466,784
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.