Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
General Patton grandson, John Waters shoots skeet at our local gun club quite often. Put Gen Patton helmet on John and you would think you were starring at Gen Patton himself.

After Bill O'Reilly released his latest book "Killing Patton, I asked Patton grandson his thoughts on the book. John reply was.. " The theories my grandfather was assassinated has been pure conjecture for years".

I know another descendant of Patton's (this one is out west)....and I asked him essentially the same question and got essentially the same answer.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.
BP-B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Patton on Pershing’s staff on the Punitive expedition to Mexico? Didn’t hurt his older sis was dating the General!😉

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Patton on Pershing’s staff on the Punitive expedition to Mexico? Didn’t hurt his older sis was dating the General!😉

Nope.

Who's fugkin' who makes a big difference in those ranks. Going all the way back to George Washington.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by deflave

Nope.

Who's fugkin' who makes a big difference in those ranks. Going all the way back to George Washington.

Not discounting either. I think Pershing did well and was very satisfied with the Lieutenant’s actions!

Founder

WS

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Not discounting either. I think Pershing did well and was very satisfied with the Lieutenant’s actions!

I've read accounts that Pershing often gave the raised eyebrow to some of his methods.

True or not, Patton was a bad ass.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
MacArthur and Patton drove the Bonus Army out with the saber and then burned all their belongings.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MOGC
MacArthur and Patton drove the Bonus Army out with the saber and then burned all their belongings.

The story of the Bonus Army is a bit more nuanced than most people realize.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by deflave

I've read accounts that Pershing often gave the raised eyebrow to some of his methods.

True or not, Patton was a bad ass.

I think he was a bit impressed with him when he came in with Pancho’s boys strapped on the fender wells of the old Dodge. 😁. Patton did some fancy shooting ( while wounded) with his old trusty Model P Colt in that engagement!!! Damn good shooting!

Founder

WS

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Was he in a Jeep or a WC 49 when killed?

Supposedly, he bonked his noggin' on an un-padded jump seat when the vehicle came to a violent stop...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Really cool pic morewood, you have to be a proud Dad!

That pic is of my oldest bud and his son upon son's graduation from West Point. I've known that fine young man since he was a newborn. Got a backstage tour of West Point on that trip. The history and tradition is incredible.

IC B3

K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
Going by memory
-Had a real intersting childhood. His family owned a large part of Catalina island. His father chose one one sister to the heartbreak of the other. The other sis was devoted to george and indulged him.
-Flunked his first year at Westpoint. Possibly because he was largely home schooled and had to adjust on the fly. Did fine after that first hard year
-Patton got into a gun fight vs villa men. Killed 2 i think. Real gunfighter stuff. Thats when he decided he need two revolvers. Ivory 45's
-Patton used a car to engage Pancho Villa's Men.First time ever. Killed them and put them on the hood like a deer

-Olympics- from wiki -Patton placed twenty-first on the pistol range, seventh in swimming, fourth in fencing, sixth in the equestrian competition, and third in the footrace, finishing fifth overall and first among the non-Swedish competitors.[32] There was some controversy concerning his performance in the pistol shooting competition, in which he used a .38 caliber U.S. Army–issue pistol while most of the other competitors chose .22 caliber firearms. He claimed that the holes in the paper from his early shots were so large that a later bullet passed through them, but the judges decided that one of his bullets missed the target completely. Modern competitions on this level frequently now employ a moving backdrop specifically to track multiple shots through the same hole.[33][34] If his assertion was correct, Patton would likely have won an Olympic medal in the event.[35] The judges' ruling was upheld. Patton's only comment on the matter was:

Modern competitions on this level frequently now employ a moving backdrop specifically to track multiple shots through the same hole.[33][34] If his assertion was correct, Patton would likely have won an Olympic medal in the event.[35] The judges' ruling was upheld. Patton's only comment on the matter was:

Beware of the man with one gun. He is a newbie
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Patton also designed one of the swords for the US Military.
The 1913 Cavalry Sword.

You rarely ever see one, as most got cut into 3 pieces during WW-I to make knifes for the Troops. I’ve only seen a handful of them in my lifetime.

One came through a friend’s local Pawn Shop about a year ago. Only lasted a day and I think he got $500 for it. It was pretty rough, but still had the original scabbard.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My Pop was proud to have served under him.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Tom Mix talked about meeting young Lt. Patton while visiting Gen Pershing in Mexico during the Pancho Villa wars.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by hanco
Who is the woman?

Was my first question, too. The answer: Frances Langford

But I was more concerned about the absence of his RegMag or his Colt SAA.

Elmer Keith
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Great picture, noticing his gig line looks a little off, but that's probably no big deal compared to war.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Patton's personal driver at the time of the wreck was a Kentucky boy born and raised here near where I live.

https://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/09/us/h-l-woodring-dies-at-77-was-driver-in-patton-crash.html

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Originally Posted by hanco
Who is the woman?

Was my first question, too. The answer: Frances Langford.

I had never heard of her.

Turns out she weren’t no airhead Bimbo.

All of 5’ 1” Spent a life on the water, lifelong sport fisherman (woman?), astute in business, married Evinrude of Evinrude outboards, was being given a ride in a P-38 when the joyride turned into a combat mission. 45 years of USO tours.

Quite a woman.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Montgomery required 3 weeks to take Caen. Patton would have done it in 3 days.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Did Paton pack a pair of pearl handled revolvers?

Late to the party- not going to read everything, but as kaywoody says, they were ivory, and he made a comment that only pimps (and whores?) carry pearl-handled pistols.

The Russians killed him. Or American generals. Or a car accident. I favor the Russians. Hell, Montgomery is not out of the running, the incompetent weasel, but that's a stretch. He probably couldn't have even hired decent hit men, unless delegated to an aide.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
456 members (160user, 1Longbow, 300jimmy, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,017 guests, and 946 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.