Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I remember them hauling my grandfather out when he had a heart attack. I was three. Not long after that a dog bit me in the face, remember that also. What is your earliest memory?

Last edited by hanco; 02/16/21.
BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It's hard to know what I remember what I remember, and what I was told.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to say. I lived on a farm growing up, and remember all sorts of things about that. I remember there was an old rooster that would chase me, and I didn't want to go outside. I also remember the night my grandmother got the rubbing alcohol and the mineral oil mixed up, and gave me dose of alcohol..............made me feel like I was floating on air.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I remember being in the crib. At that stage in life, your experiences are almost a half dream state. You don't know the difference between dreaming and reality, I don't think. I remember being in the crib, and images on the wall coming to life and talking to me. I thought a spot reflection of sunlight on the ceiling was a being of some kind. I remember seeing "ghosts" that scared the crap out of me walk into my room and around my crib, but they were Halloween type "ghosts," i.e., sheets, so my assumption is that they were my older brother and sister being mean to their baby brother.

I also remember my grandmother mockingly laughing at me for still drinking out of a bottle past my second birthday.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
THE ALAMO!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
.... knowin, was a lonesome whistle blowin...

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I remember my much older(10 years) brother and sister feeding the 3 youngest siblings dog food.

I was two.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Vaguely remember a July 4 celebration just prior to turning 3.

Nap time and I raised hell.
They put a spent roman candle by the bed to get me calmed down.

FJB & FJT
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hanging on to Dad’s left nut to keep from being shot into a black woman.

I have a very good memory.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was 2 years old and they plastered a room and used a chair to block my access. I climbed the chair and saw the men in white outfits.

When I was 3 years old, I proved my father was wrong about what a ball point pen will write on.

When I was 4 years old, I told my parents they were wrong not to vote for Eisenhower.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
BD party and grammys dog. So 3 and a little before.
But only those from then.

Remember parents divorce at age 4. And other stuff at farm.

5 and on lots of stuff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Did it work? smile

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I remember being in the crib and yelling for a bottle of juice. Parents didn't understand me and gave me milk.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Going to a party with my dad and leaving with my mom...

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When my darn 18 month older sister dumped me out of the wagon into the picker bush. Or the time that she wrote on the wall with a crayon and fingered me to mom as the culprit. Life just wasn’t fair back in those early days.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I also remember waking up on my third birthday, walking out of my room, down the steps, and sitting on the bottom step, listening to my mother in the kitchen (the entry to which was just a few feet from where I was sitting) cooking breakfast. She soon came out and saw me sitting there, and asked me if I knew how old I was that day. I just put up three fingers. She then offered me some of the cookies she had just finished baking.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
When I was about 3 I ended up damn near losing my arm in one of those ringer washing machines.

My earliest memory was visiting every day with a woman at the hospital whose baby was in an oxygen tent. She gave me a BIG bag of candy the day I went home.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Mom putting leftovers on my plate before giving them to the dog. Apparently, the dog would refuse the same food if it didn't.

That little chihuahua was found starving in the mountains by my dad. She died standing between a husky and my brother. The owner fled with the dog before my dad could get his 30-06.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Did it work? smile

Say whut , mf’kr ??

Grins

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Washing chicken chit off of eggs, and the sound of 20K yardbirds in a big house. Going with my sister to stir up the turkeys and chickens when it got cold to get them spread out instead of piled up. I hate chickens, mean dirty animals.

Was 4 when I got pulled down by a sow, she was dragging me into the farrowing house, same sister got me by the other arm and pulled a chunk out of the back of my left arm in that tug of war. Nothing to sew up, local country Doc cauterized the wound with an electric needle of some sort. Still have a big divot there. I remember the smell not the pain, probably a good thing.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
741 members (10gaugemag, 222ND, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.