Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I can't wrap my mind around digital currencies. But I think if it starts to look like it's capable of becoming a challenger to the Federal Reserve's monopoly on manufacturing money, it's going to have problems, eventually.

I think this may prove to be a genie thats very hard to put back in the lamp....that's the hope for me anyway.

GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
THE BUBBLE IS PRICED AT $52,000 + RIGHT NOW. SAY THAT OUT LOUD ! PUT SOME MONEY IN IT AND LET IT GROW FOR A WHILE AND SELL IT FOR A PRO PROFIT. DO YOU NOT LIKE MAKING MONEY ?? 2 OF MY INVESTOR GUYS SAY THAT BITCOIN WILL MAKE $100 k EASY THIS YEAR. Hi, TOOT . Ray

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Ray63
THE BUBBLE IS PRICED AT $52,000 + RIGHT NOW. SAY THAT OUT LOUD ! PUT SOME MONEY IN IT AND LET IT GROW FOR A WHILE AND SELL IT FOR A PRO PROFIT. DO YOU NOT LIKE MAKING MONEY ?? 2 OF MY INVESTOR GUYS SAY THAT BITCOIN WILL MAKE $100 k EASY THIS YEAR. Hi, TOOT . Ray

Yo, Ray!

Have enjoyed the education from you, Stickfight, xxclaro and others here.

When you see major banks going to this like they presently are,,,,,it’s kinda hard to bet against that flow direction.

No doubt that the perceptions and values will cycle over time.

Good thread.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Chesapeake
One guy says the blockchain stores funds on “cold storage” wallets for security. Implying that disconnected wallets are somehow secure.
Then the same guy(or another guy) attempts to explain how the currency isn’t stored on the wallet at all and that’s it’s just a key to funds on the blockchain.

Bitcoin exists only digitally, The entire record of which wallet has how much of it exists on the blockchain, something that is replicated across many many computers. It is this way because the blockchain is the ledger for every Bitcoin that was ever mined, and which wallet is was mined to, which wallet those were sent to, etc etc. It does this via cryptographic proof of each transaction.

The blockchain simply records that a transaction occurred between two wallets, and the sum of all transactions for a given wallet determines its BTC balance. So if a person sends BTC to a cold storage wallet the blockchain makes record of that. The only way to move them off is to for the wallet to sign a transaction with its private key to enable the blockchain to cryptographically prove the transaction valid. The "cold storage" is that private key going offline so that no one can move BTC off it.

There are no actual digital data that actually accumulate in a wallet. The only data a wallet ever has are its own private and public cryptographic keys.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
There is a reason why only, gold is gold, and has been since antiquity.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
There is a reason why only, gold is gold

Physics

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Give you best gal a bitcoin to wear on third finger, left hand, see how that flies?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ray63

Something wrong with your cap locks button?

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll wait for the crash which will happen. Then maybe I'll get in. I sure as Hell am not buying something that already went up 1,000% in a matter of months.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
About 20% of Bitcoin value / wallets are locked for good ....due to lost passwords / email addys.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I invested in XRP-Ripple

Great value at .50 cents

Last edited by cooperfan; 02/19/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cisco1
About 20% of Bitcoin value / wallets are locked for good ....due to lost passwords / email addys.
How much is 1 Bitcoin worth when you lose your password?

Politics is War by Other Means
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Same amount your cash is worth when you loose your wallet.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by cooperfan
I invested in XRP-Ripple

Great value at .50 cents

I sold my XRP, will wait to see how the SEC lawsuit turns out. It has managed to hold on better than I expected though.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by b_li_ber_tar_ian
Lots of big players are lining up to use Hederas DLT. Faster, more secure and less expensive. BTC purists complain it's not decentralized enough. If the world has taught us anything, the Big Boys rarely lose. Hedera is their ecosystem.

PS- it's a long hold for me. Not something to swing on 20% pumps. Buy and hold, buy and hold.

Do you have a preferred exchange for Hedera?

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Except it's more like losing an entire bank account than just walking around money?

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Bitcoin is no better than Paper Money and Paper Money is only worth something if People believe it is worth something. In reality it really is just Paper nothing more. Beliefs can be destroyed in less than a day. Same goes for Bitcoin it’s only value is belief.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Except it's more like losing an entire bank account than just walking around money?

I'm BY FAR no expert on the subject but I think there is some confusion in that you don't have to own a whole Bitcoin worth 50k plus. You can own really small fractions and essentially put in as many dollars worth as you want. So, like you probably would not walk around with $50k in your physical wallet, someone likely would not walk around toting a phone or whatever that stored whole bitcoins.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X

Only if you put all your eggs in one basket. Nothing stopping you from having multiple wallets, can have multiple cold wallets, couple hot wallets and even leave a bit on the exchange if you want.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by 1100RemingtonMan
Bitcoin is no better than Paper Money and Paper Money is only worth something if People believe it is worth something. In reality it really is just Paper nothing more. Beliefs can be destroyed in less than a day. Same goes for Bitcoin it’s only value is belief.
Gold could become valueless as a trade item in one day if governments put enough penalty on its possession and use. The BANK could effect that scenario. And could send agents to kill whomever would defy the edict. Same with Bitcoin. Alternative to fiat currency will not be allowed when it comes down to the nut cutting. 1984 is here, 37 years behind schedule, but it is here.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,862 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,594
Posts18,454,365
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.