Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
So, on a shorty carbine (sbr/pistol AR) a WML, possibly with a green laser, a remote momentary switch(es) at the fore grip is the genetrally accepted approach?

Such as for this one.. . .
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/28/21.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve never had the expensive Surefires but the cheaper ones have worked for me with an LED or Cree bulb change.

But I’ve got more Streamlights and like them. TLR1-HL and the Pro-Tac rail mount are what I’m using mostly now.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I don’t trust tape switches.

As close to the muzzle and as close to 12:00 as possible.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seems like a big ass push buttonon the back end would be handy if so mounted.

Originally Posted by TWR
I don’t trust tape switches.

As close to the muzzle and as close to 12:00 as possible.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Seems like a big ass push buttonon the back end would be handy if so mounted.

Absolutely...the Surefire Scout is my favorite rifle light, but a regular old Surefire light in a pic rail mount works just fine in a pinch.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ok. We're making progress.

Soooo. On the shorty shown above. I will not have the suppressor dedicated to it. Can't.

Possibly, I should skip it, so my (Duty lol) rig will be the the same, every time? Any thoughts?

Answered my own question. I'll take and mix some stuff around making a 16" or 18", (maybe) fixed butt stock, unsupressed, night HD/shtf, fixed gas block, legal vertical grip, WML, with the EoTech or Aimpoint, fixed offset irons (with glowy post), sling. That won't get changed around...

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 03/01/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Pro Tac rail looks affordable and good.

Thanks

--- Kid Rock 2022

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Big ol push button works just fine.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Isn't that an ACog?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Isn't that an ACog?

No se? Eotech pictured above

Got the Aimpoint PRO in today. Pretty damned good. I would possibly like a bigger dot. I think it will be on the primary, 16". Minimal startburst below the two brightest settings. Reaks of quality.

Eotech stays as shown above, as I managed to strip out the head of the mounting screw already. Farmer tight +P 😭

Sure cool to be able to swap components around on these things... BCM buttstocks are impressive, solid..

Appreciate all the input. (Well, mostly!)

--- Kid Rock 2022

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Hard to go wrong with the aimpoint. If you’re still looking at sights, check out Blitzkrieg sight posts. I like their luminescent chevron, which is available with a tritium option.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by TxHunter80
Hard to go wrong with the aimpoint. If you’re still looking at sights, check out Blitzkrieg sight posts. I like their luminescent chevron, which is available with a tritium option.

LOL

That is the whole genesis of the thread! I got the green luminescent with tritium dot . ... 😁

--- Kid Rock 2022

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
Isn't that an ACog?

No se? Eotech pictured above

Got the Aimpoint PRO in today. Pretty damned good. I would possibly like a bigger dot. I think it will be on the primary, 16". Minimal startburst below the two brightest settings. Reaks of quality.

Eotech stays as shown above, as I managed to strip out the head of the mounting screw already. Farmer tight +P 😭

Sure cool to be able to swap components around on these things... BCM buttstocks are impressive, solid..

Appreciate all the input. (Well, mostly!)

I meant the glowy sights in your original question as opposed to the picture.. Sorry that was a ways back.

-OMotS

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
He should check out Barry's hog killing thread...

-OMotS

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I set my AR pistol up for stuff & defense much like what you have there. Mine is an 11.5", Eotech, and a Cloud Defensive WL. The light is the best I've seen. I like the Eotech and due to my eyesight, if it ever fails I'd probably pick a Romeo5 to replace it. I have tried Tritium but didn't think it offered much of an advantage. I'd rather have a light and an HK style front than tritium, and probably would shoot it well enough not to miss anyway at least to 50yd or so.

Everybody has different tastes, my choices are a balance between clumsy and functional to me. I like the handiness of low profile & no extra snaggy stuff, but a light has become a necessity imho. Working out of a vehicle I usually remove a sling, but if I'm out the door, and going somewhere I put the sling back on. I also usually use a 20rd in the truck, and use a 30 for walking around. Honestly, a 10rd that hangs down less is even handier.

Last edited by BigNate; 03/02/21.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Thanks Big.... Possibly the 11.5" will be a travel rig. Really like how it handles and 20 or 30 is pretty comforting... Then I'll have a similarly equipped16" in the house. Maybe. Wish I could dedicate the suppressor, or a few, but can't... I like the way TRW has that light tucked up against the rail...

Still tinkering around a bit with the builds. Appreciate the input from all ya'll. I am light shopping.

--- Kid Rock 2022

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
DVOR has the best price I've seen on the Cloud Defensive OWL. It's $70 off what I paid, tempted to get a second one.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 3,186 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,528
Posts18,452,881
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.