Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Anyone done it? Like a ghost ring rear, maybe on a carry handle, with glowy front post.

Heard there's a front post with a combination of tritium and fiber optic but spaced the company's name. Sound familiar? Anyone?

Application will be an 11.5 inch 5.56, night, close, without a "here I am - shoot me flashlight". Otherwise, convince me to buy an Eotech. Astigmatism is affirmative.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Modern lights are not "here I am shoot me", they are, "here, let me blind you while I confirm you are a threat and pump you full of lead.....that you never see coming.....because you are blind...."

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Modern lights are not "here I am shoot me", they are, "here, let me blind you while I confirm you are a threat and pump you full of lead.....that you never see coming.....because you are blind...."

They light you up like a target for all to see just like lights always have. Surely they have their place and maybe this rig should have one too.

However, I am not looking for a way to see the target, or blind the target, or burden the target, just see the aiming stuff to shoot the target.

Tritium?

Hit a pothole and the memory kicked in

Blitzkrieg Components, luminescent chevron with tritium dot....

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 02/18/21.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
XS sights makes a nice set too, I found the rear to be useless and have a front sight in my parts box. Found it to be distracting with a LPVO and of course it turns black when you hit the weapon light.

There is no substitute for a red dot, astigmatism or not. I found the EOTech to have a sharper dot than an Aimpoint and have been surprised that the Romeo 4 and 5’s are sharper still to my eyes. But basically a red dot is not a target sight, it is a speed sight and if you look at the target and just shoot, they work.

If you want to be stubborn, I’ll make you a deal on the XS front sight but a red dot is the better solution.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Red dot with a weapon mounted light....hell, I would take irons and a WML over some kind of tritium sight.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ok, you are in Kenosha, the wind turbines freeze, in the fire light you can just make out forms, dark forms, carrying weapons approaching you.... You want to be walking the fuuck around with your flashlight on? JFC

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ok, you are in Kenosha, the wind turbines freeze, in the fire light you can just make out forms, dark forms, carrying weapons approaching you.... You want to be walking the fuuck around with your flashlight on? JFC

I have spent the better part of two decades chasing bad guys with guns around in the dark....yes, I want a light. I know it seems to be a novel concept, but you know that with crazy technology like momentary switches, you don't actually "walk around with your flashlight on," right?

Weapon mounted lights are infinitely more useful than night sights...any night sights,

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by liliysdad

I have spent the better part of two decades chasing bad guys with guns around in the dark....yes, I want a light. I know it seems to be a novel concept, but you know that with crazy technology like momentary switches, you don't actually "walk around with your flashlight on," right?

Weapon mounted lights are infinitely more useful than night sights...any night sights,

I am not seeking a fuucking light. I am seeking advice on sights in low light and dark with an AR pistolish rig. Red dot, gotcha. Flashlight, no thanks. I don't need advise on a fuucking flashlight, I understand the gist of them. They do not illuminate the irons. They illuminate the target. Not what I give a fuuck about. Ok, no irons, red dot red dot.... I am not chasing bad guys. I am shooting chit in the dark. Momentary or not, it ain’t novel for chit, I don't want a fuucking bunch of gawdamned light. Dramatic pause... Past my bedtime. But seriously, I don't need to illuminate the target, if I did, hell yes, a light would be fantastic for the job... grin

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

I am not seeking a fuucking light. I am seeking advice on sights in low light and dark with an AR pistolish rig. Red dot, gotcha. Flashlight, no thanks. I don't need advise on a fuucking flashlight, I understand the gist of them. They do not illuminate the irons. They illuminate the target. Not what I give a fuuck about. Ok, no irons, red dot red dot.... I am not chasing bad guys. I am shooting chit in the dark. Momentary or not, it ain’t novel for chit, I don't want a fuucking bunch of gawdamned light. Dramatic pause... Past my bedtime. But seriously, I don't need to illuminate the target, if I did, hell yes, a light would be fantastic for the job... grin

Alright man....there may be a reason no one uses tritium sights on ARs...or maybe you really are smarter than everyone else.

By the way, a WML does, in fact, illuminate your sights.....and one could argue if its dark enough to need to illuminate your sights, its dark enough to need light to ID your target.

Again, you do you. Good luck.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My old National Guard unit had three people with Silver Stars, one person had two. They were all TACPs - Tactical Air Control Party, and had spent a number of deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To a man, they came home from deployment and put lights and green lasers on their personal weapons. Each stated emphatically that at one point in the firefight, the fact that they could target and fire not using the iron sights or the red dot was a deciding factor in surviving. Dark room, bad guys, green dot, boom.

I don't need to be in a firefight with a bunch of ISIS guys to learn the lessons of others.

I still practice with my back up iron sights, but have white lights, most of which can pulse, and green lasers on my personal defense weapons.

Gear is cheap, surgery, not so much.

Edited to add: most have pressure switch activation, so there is a light and a green dot when I need/want one, and not when I don't want to be a flashlight in the dark.

Last edited by David_Walter; 02/18/21.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

MB, If you don't want a light for the scenario's you're describing it's because you don't know what a modern light can do. We're not talking some 1970's 2 cell maglight. 1000 lumens on a momentary switch is a game changer, even when just using them on coyotes out over 200 yards.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Alright man....there may be a reason no one uses tritium sights on ARs...or maybe you really are smarter than everyone else.

By the way, a WML does, in fact, illuminate your sights.....and one could argue if its dark enough to need to illuminate your sights, its dark enough to need light to ID your target.

Go fuuck yourself.

--- Kid Rock 2022

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Go fuuck yourself.

You are a classy fella, aren't you?

Seems every single person with any modicum of experience has given you advise contrary to what you want to believe...I would definitely ignore them.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

MB, If you don't want a light for the scenario's you're describing it's because you don't know what a modern light can do. We're not talking some 1970's 2 cell maglight. 1000 lumens on a momentary switch is a game changer, even when just using them on coyotes out over 200 yards.

I am not seeking advice on a light. I understand wtf lights are.

Another scenario. Target is illuminated already. It's dark. I want to shoot target. I don't need to illuminate the target. I can either use a red dot tube, reflex, prism, holographic sight or a scope, or? My experience is with scopes. But don't want the critical alignment needed with scope or prism sight. Thanks for the video. Many companies make tritium sights. Many pistols are so equipped. Got one answer, he tried and didn't like on an AR. Got a bunch of nonsense about lights, clearing rooms, law enforcement. Fuuck. Soldier I spoke to about this yesterday suggested I would absolutely not regret buying an Eotech and always have backups. Oh hell, how about tritium backups? Not a good idea? Ok, but it doesn't mean I need a light. I am not saying that it wouldn't have a light either, just don't need it to sight. Dambit

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Go fuuck yourself.

You are a classy fella, aren't you?

Seems every single person with any modicum of experience has given you advise contrary to what you want to believe...I would definitely ignore them.

Yes, go fuuck yourself. You want to be a kghunt do it with someone else. I never claimed anything as you indicate. Want to believe? Piss off. Smarter than everyone else? Piss off. There's been four respondents, one indicating experience with tritium sights on an AR. That's valuable and will be useful in deciding if it's something I want to try. Geebus.

--- Kid Rock 2022

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
You can "what-if" your way into any nonsense decision you want to....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by David_Walter
My old National Guard unit had three people with Silver Stars, one person had two. They were all TACPs - Tactical Air Control Party, and had spent a number of deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

To a man, they came home from deployment and put lights and green lasers on their personal weapons. Each stated emphatically that at one point in the firefight, the fact that they could target and fire not using the iron sights or the red dot was a deciding factor in surviving. Dark room, bad guys, green dot, boom.

I don't need to be in a firefight with a bunch of ISIS guys to learn the lessons of others.

I still practice with my back up iron sights, but have white lights, most of which can pulse, and green lasers on my personal defense weapons.

Gear is cheap, surgery, not so much.

Edited to add: most have pressure switch activation, so there is a light and a green dot when I need/want one, and not when I don't want to be a flashlight in the dark.

Gotcha, thanks

--- Kid Rock 2022

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
You can "what-if" your way into any nonsense decision you want to....

Fuuck off.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why is anyone bothering to give MB advice anyway?

Let him run around in the dark and if we all end up in his fantasy KenoshaLand, his mags will be laying around for the rest of us to scrounge.

They’ll probably be Chinese mags.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,508 guests, and 1,260 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.