Another site with updated outage.

https://poweroutage.us/

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by plainsman456
As for the pipe lines not working i call BS.
Originally Posted by ledvm
NG don’t freeze.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/dntstatic//c6655222-674d-4305-62e5-1afc54ecf2ec

Agreed...that at entrance points...NG lines can have freezing water vapor. The news report I was referring to was talking about buried supply lines. The report said Texans buried their too shallow and they froze—BS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The left operates by the principle of:
"Never let a crisis go to waste"

This is a perfect opportunity for us to use their own tactics against them.

Strip the subsidies/mandates and enhance Oil/gas.

Slo-jo left us out in the cold. Texas needs baseline capacity that is independent of weather conditions!

How many people died from this?
Add them to the slo-jo death counter!
Roll back zero- mandates in the same manner as the Texas 2A stand!

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Once again. THE ONLY REASON we are in this mess is because Obama’s 2011 regulation made coal fired plants too expensive to operate and forced them to shut down. Three coal fired plants in Texas shut down over the last ten years. With those plants in place, this would not have happened.

Last edited by JoeBob; 02/18/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell

It's pretty simple in Texas. Mandates forced a large portion of the State to rely on a portion of wind power to supplement natural gas generation. The wells were shut down in reserve. By the time the problems started, it was too late to remedy the problem. Natural gas pipelines didn't "freeze". The ability to open them was frozen. I work around LNG.

Exactly ^^^

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Once again. THE ONLY REASON we are in this mess is because Obama’s 2011 regulation made coal fired plants too expensive to operate and forced them to shut down. Three coal fired plants in Texas shut down over the last ten years. With those plants in place, this would not have happened.

The coal generation plant 5 miles from me was roaring the whole time.

Never shut down.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell

It's pretty simple in Texas. Mandates forced a large portion of the State to rely on a portion of wind power to supplement natural gas generation. The wells were shut down in reserve. By the time the problems started, it was too late to remedy the problem. Natural gas pipelines didn't "freeze". The ability to open them was frozen. I work around LNG.

Exactly ^^^
Originally Posted by fburgtx
https://www.power-eng.com/coal/idle...ord-peaks-in-2020-and-2021-summers/#gref

Hey, look! ERCOT thinks Texas needs coal this summer.

That pic is the Big Brown Electricity Plant at Fairfield, TX which uses Tx coal from a nearby mine—very efficient.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Never shut down.

Not all of them, just some of them chose to not to make expensive retrofits that reduced their profitability.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

Never shut down.

Not all of them, just some of them chose to not to make expensive retrofits that reduced their profitability.

This plant is slated for closure in 2027.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Never shut down.

This plant is slated for closure in 2027.

What’s that got to do with the three that have already shut down in the last decade?

IC B3

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
"The report said Texans buried their too shallow and they froze—BS."

I don't doubt they were buried too shallow because they were probably buried by the lowest bidding out of state minority owned contractors and the companies who hired them saved money by not paying inspectors to keep an eye on them.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

What’s that got to do with the three that have already shut down in the last decade?

What it means is two things...

No. 1--- The coal plant near me never failed to keep generating even through all the blizzard conditions lately.

No. 2--- The Left's green energy policy and their renewable sources of wind and solar are pretty much a failure.

But will they see the light?

Nah.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Who allowed them to be installed without the blade heaters, fire him. All the other states have blade heaters. , Do you see Minnesota or North Dakota power shutting down? I do not see states

East of you having power shortages, Maybe you should see what they are doing right and you are doing wrong. You have the same weather as you do.

We would send you power from our grid if you would just connect to one or more of the other grids. As long as you send power our way in the Summer. Have a great day.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Why did Texas not buy valve heater so the valves would not freeze. I even have electric pipe heaters on my outdoor pipes in California that turn on automaticly at 36 Degrees. What do they do in

Minnesota at -40 below zero. Do They have valves there also, must have some kind of heater. None of those state East of Texas had a problem, why was that? Same weather.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If it was Obama,s fault he was with the Federal government, Why did no other state have the problem? Looks to me the problem is in the Texas state system that is not connected to

the grid. You are correct coal fired plants have been shut down all over the country, but no other state even those with much colder weather than yours has had a problem like yours. You need

to follow the example of all the other 49 states. Buy the way Coal is much more expensive than Natural Gas and we have 50% of the worlds supply.of Natural Gas I think Texas needs to winterize

there Natural Gas supply system just like Minnesotas. I,m not against keeping Coal as a backup, sometimes you got to do what you got to do, people lives depend upon it.

Last edited by GunTruck50; 02/18/21.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dumbfugk50 to the rescue... Shut up idiot.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
By the way, Obama is the reason Texas is in the predicament it is in.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monticello_Steam_Electric_Station

Selective non-catalytic reduction (SNCR) systems were retrofitted by Fluor to Monticello's units in 2008.[6][7] This retrofit complimented the LO-NOx burners already installed at Monticello to reduce nitrogen oxide (NO
x ) emissions.[6] In November 2011, Luminant announced that, rather than retrofitting, they would permanently idle Units 1 and 2 to comply with the United States Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Cross-State Air Pollution Rule.[8] With two units of the plant being idled, Luminant halted lignite extraction at nearby Sulphur Springs and Mount Pleasant Mines.[9] It later restarted the units in March 2014 due increased demand for power generation from the 2014 North American cold wave.[10] Luminant made the decision in 2014 that Monticello would rely on coal solely from the Powder River Basin beginning in 2016.[3]

So, Obama’s across Air Pollution Rule was the one that killed this plant. If you remember it is the one the State of Texas sued the feds over and lost. Basically it recategorized carbon dioxide as a pollutant. The company decided not to do the expensive retrofits on all of its equipment. That left it running at a reduced rate. Then it decided, in order to comply with federal regulations that it would only burn the cleaner Powder River coal. That of course, massively increased costs. Which, of course, caused it to shut down.

Today’s crisis is directly attributable to Obama’s across Air Pollution Act of 2011.

Yep. Once again the Halfican fuqked up EVERYTHING He touched. 😡

Last edited by chlinstructor; 02/18/21.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Springcove
Dumbfugk50 to the rescue... Shut up idiot.

Yep. POS Sockpuppets like DumbFuqk50 never let a good crisis go to waste. Just like their scum sucking DemoRat brethren. He needs to quit wasting oxygen and suck start a Glock

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunTruck50
If it was Obama,s fault he was with the Federal government, Why did no other state have the problem? Looks to me the problem is in the Texas state system that is not connected to

the grid. You are correct coal fired plants have been shut down all over the country, but no other state even those with much colder weather than yours has had a problem like yours. You need

to follow the example of all the other 49 states. Buy the way Coal is much more expensive than Natural Gas and we have 50% of the worlds supply.of Natural Gas I think Texas needs to winterize

there Natural Gas supply system just like Minnesotas. I,m not against keeping Coal as a backup, sometimes you got to do what you got to do, people lives depend upon it.
Maybe you should stfu since most Texans DGAF what a retarded, gay, commie has to say.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 48 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.