Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Bummer for me. McMillan dropped making Winchester M70 Featherweight stocks. I just found out, when I attempted to order via the phone. Apparently they have dropped a few to several other stock styles as well.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This is disheartening to me. Had a plan to do another featherweight this year actually. Oh well. Looks like I’ll be looking at other options. Wonder what other stocks folks are running on featherweights?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Sixpack
This is disheartening to me. Had a plan to do another featherweight this year actually. Oh well. Looks like I’ll be looking at other options. Wonder what other stocks folks are running on featherweights?

Hunters compact. Hunters edge. What else is there? There's no need for a schnabel on a good rigid composite stock. That was designed for a reason on the wood stocks. Thus, if I'm going to have a rifle with a schnabel on it, it's going to be an original wood stock:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Hunters EDGE here as well.

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Wildcat stocks have a fwt stock.
I'd personally look at the bansner stocks also.

Last edited by patbrennan; 02/19/21.
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by patbrennan
Wildcat stocks have a fwt stock.
I'd personally look at the bansner stocks also.

Wildcat is currently a no go for the states.

The Bansner is a nice option.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I just picked up a used one, lucky day I guess.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hunters EDGE here too.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I bought a FWT Edge from McM last year. I bought it in order to retain the nostalgic Schnaubel styling. It’s a really nice stock.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Hunters compact. Hunters edge. What else is there? There's no need for a schnabel on a good rigid composite stock. That was designed for a reason on the wood stocks. Thus, if I'm going to have a rifle with a schnabel on it, it's going to be an original wood stock:

Actually, I meant what stocks other than McM are popular for a M70 featherweight. My fault for not being clear.

On the schnabel, I kinda like it for whatever reason. If I was buying a M70 McM stock today, it would definitely be a Hunters edge however. It’s been a few weeks since I looked but I don’t recall the compact being available for a M70 any longer either. Can’t say for sure and may have overlooked it.

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I called them and they said the only pre 64 stock they are going to inlet is the Monte Carlo. Quick call to Mark Brown who is going to fix me up on my 30-06 custom.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Actually, I meant what stocks other than McM are popular for a M70 featherweight. My fault for not being clear.

On the schnabel, I kinda like it for whatever reason. If I was buying a M70 McM stock today, it would definitely be a Hunters edge however. It’s been a few weeks since I looked but I don’t recall the compact being available for a M70 any longer either. Can’t say for sure and may have overlooked it.

I just ordered a Hunters Compact on Wednesday. I think the Compact is what they call a standard fill and the Hunters EDGE is just the Compact with EDGE tech.

Semper Fi
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
They have dropped many styles. They used to make a left hand Browning A Bolt with EDGE fill. Now they told me they don't even make an left hand A Bolt stock...

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
[/quote]

I just ordered a Hunters Compact on Wednesday. I think the Compact is what they call a standard fill and the Hunters EDGE is just the Compact with EDGE tech. [/quote]

Good deal! Appreciate the info!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Honestly, I wanted a Sako Classic Edge for a featherweight but I understand they won’t inlet this stock for a M70 any longer. This was the way I was headed for a new stock. I have a swirly featherweight that I like a lot though. I Need to call and find out if they will do the Sako...

Last edited by Sixpack; 02/20/21.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,026 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.