Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Gun owners facing legal complaints can have firearms seized without warrant under new Liberal law

The bill introduces a number of potential new restrictions on Canadian gun owners, including a provision that could allow municipalities to outlaw the transport of handguns

Author of the article:Jesse Snyder

OTTAWA — New legislation tabled by the federal government grants Canadian authorities expanded powers to search the home of any gun owner that is subject to a legal complaint, potentially allowing police to seize firearms for up to 30 days without a warrant.

The rules fall under the Liberals’ new firearms legislation, Bill C-21, tabled in the House of Commons on Tuesday by Public Safety Minister Bill Blair. The legislation introduces a number of potential new restrictions on Canadian gun owners, including a provision that could allow municipalities to outlaw the transport of handguns.

The rest here. Includes video.

https://nationalpost.com/news/polit...ed-without-warrant-under-new-liberal-law

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BP-B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Not good Steve.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
No, not at all. It's time to remind Canadians to get in touch with either of these organizations and ask what you can do to help.

CCFR - https://firearmrights.ca/en/home
CSSA - https://cssa-cila.org

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
See the mayor of Vancouver is first out saving that they will work to have a by-law ban handguns in Vancouver. With an NDP government in BC this will be a slam dunk to happen as the Federal NDP support stronger gun controls.

Typical Trudeau on this --- he is taking heat over the vaccine rollout, WE has not gone away so he needs a diversion and gets the press chasing gun control. The dumb move is the reduction of mandatory minimum sentencing based on race. Mandatory minimum sentencing only starts on the 2nd and 3rd offences.

Just frustrated with this government beyond belief. Lying, corrupt, self serving, incompetent, divisive, racist --- worst prime minister and government in Canada's history.

Hugh
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Agenda afoot.

LOL
IC B2

N
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
N
When I see his face or hear the voice of Bill Blair, I know he's looking to take something from me.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Even worse, Trudeau is proposing changing the justice system which would include LESSER sentences for gun crimes.

Go easier on criminals but tougher on law-abiding citizens. Great plan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If a city like Toronto were to ban handguns what is an owner to do? As I understand it (I could be wrong) firearms are supposed to be stored at the owners residence. If owners are allowed to store away from their residence, what do they do if they don't know anyone outside the municipality banning handguns?

These idiots are unbelievable. I didn't like Blair when he was chief in Toronto and I dislike him even more now. And I'm not a resident of Toronto.

Jim

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They are catching it from both sides, now.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When I see Turdo's face or hear the voice of Bill Blair, I want to vomit. The quote in the image below is from a document Blair's previous department issued in Ocrober 2019. (Thanks to Glen Motz for passing this on to me.)

Either:
a) That's the conclusion he actually came to and he's just kissing Junior's butt to keep his job and a fat pension. (Possible)
b) The cross-Canada "consultation" that resulted in that statement was nothing more than a publicity stunt, and he's lying through his teeth. (Also possible)
c) Both of the above. (Equally possible)

What is certainly true is that I wouldn't trust either one of them as far as I could throw them with two broken arms.

Attached Images
Bill Blair poster copy.jpg (34.46 KB, 134 downloads)
Hypocrisy in action
Last edited by Stuart; 02/19/21.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Wannabebwana
Even worse, Trudeau is proposing changing the justice system which would include LESSER sentences for gun crimes.

Go easier on criminals but tougher on law-abiding citizens. Great plan.

I saw this and couldn't help but think it was perfectly illustrative of the liberal philosophy. GD

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Many of the police chiefs aren't in favour. Bill Blair doesn't doesn't care, but I thought he was too old to bother running for office again.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Many of the police chiefs aren't in favour. Bill Blair doesn't doesn't care, but I thought he was too old to bother running for office again.

There was a long list of "are you out of your tiny minds?" comments from police chiefs posted on Cdn. Gunnutz a while ago, including Adam Palmer, Chief of Police for Vancouver as well as being the head of the Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police. I read somewhere that the idiot mayor of Vancouver, when presented with Palmer's opinion, said, "Well there are various opinions about that." Indeed there are: those of professional LEOs who actually have to walk the streets and face the dangers personally, and self-assured politicians observing from comfy offices.

Bill Blair is too old and incompetent to be doing aything except gardening. But I guess he's got his eye on the fat Federal pension he'll be getting. He's a disgrace, and by not standing up for what is morally and "scientifically" right, actually endangering Canadians rather than "keeping them safe" as Junior keeps blathering on about.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Why are all of the other former British colonies sooo anti-gun, while we are the most pro-gun nation in the world?

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
They look up to the king and queen and never kicked their ass out..

Molon Labe
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
They look up to the king and queen and never kicked their ass out..

Molon Labe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The monarchy has little to do with it. Could be the number of internal wars ? Civil , Revolutionary, many Indian ? In Canada the police came before the settlers, so there was never a wild west. . Then there is the pollical system. The list goes on.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I suspect that Bill is willing to fall on his sword for Justin - but he will probably be pushed.

He is a very confused man with misguided loyalties. I don't mean his Liberal membership. I refer to his love of Justin. He hitched his wagon to the wrong train IMO. He never struck me as a level headed person. I am sure that if one was to investigate his background, you would see that he had a clear political agenda in mind early in life. A badge was his way of obtaining power. He never believed in the ideals of policing or had the dedication, but it was a means to an end. I doubt that any police officer would have much good to say about him.

At any rate, the Liberals have their fall guy should things go badly. The power brokers will throw old Bill under the bus first. Justin later.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
Why are all of the other former British colonies sooo anti-gun, while we are the most pro-gun nation in the world?

Its because of your Constitution, and the people who fought for it repeatedly.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
685 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 2,730 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,639
Posts18,398,984
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.