Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
The 10 Worst Colleges for Free Speech are, in alphabetical order:

– Collin College (McKinney, Texas)
– Duquesne University (Pittsburgh, Penn.)
– Fordham University (New York City)
– Frostburg State University (Frostburg, Md.)
– Haskell Indian Nations University (Lawrence, Kan.)
– New York University (New York City)
– Northwestern University Qatar (Doha, Qatar)
– St. John’s University (New York City)
– University of Illinois at Chicago (Chicago, Ill.)
– University of Tennessee (UT Health Science Center, Memphis, Tenn.)

From Legalinsurrection.com

[Linked Image from ]
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Surprised BYU is not on the list.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
I would say all of them. A vocational school would probably be the best route to bypass the brainwashing

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." **Edmund Burke**

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." **Benjamin Franklin**
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I think you will find that a great many schools are more restrictive than BYU.

Be not weary in well doing.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Thank you. I deleted my original post because I couldn't remember all of the schools my daughter and I talked about and wasn't sure about the info I posted.

I do appreciate your post.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Avoid any of them which don't teach the proper use of apostrophes....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Avoid all that teach critical race theory. This theory. teaches that all whites are racists because of the color of their skin. Just like the KKK who taught that blacks were inferior than whites.

Avoid Oberlin.

Avoid University of Missouri.

[Linked Image from ]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Lots of easy "avoid". My latest finished off ME last year from TAMU and we were all pleased and he is gainfully employed.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
No California Berkley?

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by ConradCA

Avoid University of Missouri.

Truer words were never spoken.......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see a trend ..
Not super high profile schools.

Places a middling intelligentsia type would feel comfortable teaching.
Someone who is not really stellar in their field, not breaking new ground, but who has aspirations...

Someone who can be bought.
Middling administration, professors, lecturers, staff..
They want to be accepted, thus they can be controlled.
Promised notoriety for molding students in a certain way...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
They missed U of MN.

Camp is where you make it.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
One of my kids received a really nasty letter from the provost @ IU East about mocking the school / other students, after entering, "His Royal Highness, and King of All He Surveys" into the, "preferred pronouns" section of his official student profile. It sounded like fair game to me.

In the end, the kid found myriad other ways to get crossways with the institution.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The article is misleading in a manner - the actual cases cited and described seem mostly to be one-off incidents involving a person or two whose behaviors - of varying types - have come under heavy criticism and even punitive action. Some of those actions certainly seem to be unjust, others simply sensational. So, the listed institutions are an unlikely top tier of schools suppressing freedom of speech and thought. I think that most of us would cite some well-known major colleges and universities as being much worse - more to be avoided.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
2 other offspring went to tO$U and a Jesuit Catholic school, respectively. Far more SJW indoctrination at the latter, to the point where the kid wouldn't make his views known for fear of retribution from the professors. I was scratching my damned head how a Catholic University could have a, "coming out week."

As C^4 alluded, it's hard to judge from sensational anecdotes what the true cultural climate is at a given institution. However, when I see Harvard taking David Hogg, & Stanford taking Ziad Ahmed, it makes me question allowing any of my offspring to attend such schools, even if 'twere on a full ride. It seems clear that, to those admissions staffs, "right think" far outshines intellectual horsepower, determination, or grit.

Child #1 was applying to grad schools many years back, & each required an essay asking how the applicant would contribute to diversity. I couldn't grasp what that had to do with computer engineering.

How do you suppose a white male from, say, Johnson City, KS might successfully represent his, "diversity bona fides" to Harvard? "As a conservative, heterosexual, white male from a 4th generation dry land farming family, I'll bring a perspective that's quite underrepresented in your student body..." Perhaps he could just tell them he was from Liberal, instead.

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Anything in the Ivy League.......

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by EdM
Lots of easy "avoid". My latest finished off ME last year from TAMU and we were all pleased and he is gainfully employed.

I have a younger cousin who recently graduated from TAMU. I was surprised to learn from talking to his Mom that he got some "social justice all whites are privileged indoctrination" in one of his classes at what I would have considered one of the most conservative schools in the country. Being raised right he saw it for the joke it was. I think that is the key. Any state university and most private schools you send them to are gonna hit them with indoctrination because the left owns higher education. That does not mean that they can't sit through it, blow it off, get the diploma, and become "gainfully employed" if they are prepared.

Last edited by RJY66; 02/19/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised Bennington did not make it on the list. That's where Bernie and his wife regularly haunt. I knew a fairly recent graduate from there. Yikes! She went off to college a middle-of-the-road typical high schooler and came back a Save-the-Earth-Social-Justice-Warrier. I couldn't talk to her anymore. She was more worried about the carbon emissions of her dormitory than what she was studying.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
list is hardly inclusive. University of Florida is pretty damn bad.

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (12344mag, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 222Sako, 57 invisible), 2,812 guests, and 1,225 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,710
Posts18,456,877
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.