H
Sounds good to me John.

BP-B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Absolutely yes.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'd go for it John. I have enjoyed RLN since day one.

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Perfect!

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Robert E. Howard
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Eileen and I have been thinking about adding a 5th issue each year, sort of a "special edition," like some paper magazines do. We'd write about subjects that don't quite fit in the format that's evolved over the years. Are thinking of doing it in mid-winter, when a lot of us NEED something else to read! We'd increase the subscription a little, from $10/year for four issues to $12.50 for five--which for present subscribers wouldn't apply until renewal.

Anyway, was wondering what you think.

Thanks,
John

MD Looking forward to your and Eileens’ approach to a Special Edition. I find each issue quite special already.

Please feel free to provide searchable indexing or some such on your site. It really is a convenience when reviewing previous articles and topics.

All this Reminds me that I’m due to renew though.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm in the same boat^
Went to download the latest issue and found I need to renew.
Special issue sounds good to me.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I think it would be a great Idea. Rifle loony news is always well written and entertaining. Very few magazines , if any, are held to the same standards as RLN.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
You bet-go for it!

M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks for al; the additional positive comments. We're going ahead with the additional issue.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I would like it. I would hope that it would have more gun gack in it. I love to cook but the gack is what I am hoping for each issue. I would even like re-prints of previous articles or from the gack books. New reloading data is always appreciated as I gave up on testing every new powder that comes down the pike.

I would also like to see "Loads that work III" for new cartridges and powders as well as the old favorites.

Whatever you and Eileen do I am sure to enjoy it.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm in I think it's a great idea.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Thanks for al; the additional positive comments. We're going ahead with the additional issue.

Well, get crackin’! I already blew through the latest issue, a really good ‘n btw.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
Mule Deer, how do I sign up for this?

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Hi John

How di I subscribe to your Rifle Looney News? I didn't know that you have this going on for all of us.

Sincerely

.Roanmtn

Glenn Campbell
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Log onto www.riflesandrecipes.com.
On the home page there's a "toolbar" at the top of the page.
Click on RIFLE LOONY NEWS, and a drop-down menu appears.
The option at the top of the list is "Join or Renew Rifle News."
Click on that and follow the prompts.

Thanks,
John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
First of all I think this is a great idea.

But now, my fudd-ism rears it's head. I'm one of those...ahem...older types who just prefers reading hardcopy. And I read a lot, every day - it's what I do professionally.

I was until very recently a subscriber of yours, and IMO you are the very best out there, but I had to let my initial subscription lapse because the information was not right in front of my face. And when that happens, I dont access it or read it.

I recognize it's a bit much to ask to have the hardcopy sent when it comes out, but is it possible to push it out in say .pdf, in email to subscribers when it issues? I don't mine paying a bit extra for this.

Or, I suppose an alternative solution would be to receive an email alert that the issue has been posted, with a link embedded that I can click onto, provide the password and then print out.

I would then read it, prolly with a nice fire crackling in my hearth and our equally senior but less fudd-like dog at my feet curled up and all nervous about the occasional sparks.....

Just a thought,

Last edited by Blu_Cs; 02/21/21.

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is different, and then there is DIFFERENT,
I am sure John and Eileen would appreciate all of our ideas.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
M
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
First of all I think this is a great idea.

But now, my fudd-ism rears it's head. I'm one of those...ahem...older types who just prefers reading hardcopy. And I read a lot, every day - it's what I do professionally.

I was until very recently a subscriber of yours, and IMO you are the very best out there, but I had to let my initial subscription lapse because the information was not right in front of my face. And when that happens, I dont access it or read it.

I recognize it's a bit much to ask to have the hardcopy sent when it comes out, but is it possible to push it out in say .pdf, in email to subscribers when it issues? I don't mine paying a bit extra for this.

Or, I suppose an alternative solution would be to receive an email alert that the issue has been posted, with a link embedded that I can click onto, provide the password and then print out.

I would then read it, prolly with a nice fire crackling in my hearth and our equally senior but less fudd-like dog at my feet curled up and all nervous about the occasional sparks.....

Just a thought

Blu_Cs,

Thanks for your kind words about us, but there are at least a couple of ways to get around your wanting to read hard-copy of RLN.

First, it IS in .pdf format. Eileen just checked it out on her Chromebook, and when she logs onto the latest issue a print icon appears on the upper right of the screen. I just logged on with my Lenovo lap-top, and when I right-click on the first page of this month's issue, a drop-down menu appears--which includes "print" as an option.

Second, as I explained in an earlier post here, in 2014 a subscriber e-mailed Eileen, asking if we could print a book collection of all the RLN issues, because he often wanted to read it at his hunting cabin, which doesn't have Internet (or maybe even electricity--I don't recall). We didn't think many subscribers would be interested, because everybody gets access to ALL the back issues when they subscribe, but we decided to ask some other subscribers.

A bunch said they'd definitely buy a book copy, including one who said his wife was tired of the stack of print-outs in the bathroom next to the "reading chair." So we went ahead and ordered a "test" printing of 250 copies. We normally order 500-1500 as a first printing of our books, but we weren't sure about this one. Turned out we had to order an addition printing of RIFLE LOONY NEWS: THE FIRST FIVE YEARS within a few months, and have reprinted it a couple times since. Five years later in 2019 we published THE SECOND FIVE YEARS. Now some people are ordering the 2-book set.

Hope this all helps.

John

John Steinbeck
O
O
I think the fifth issue is a great idea since I have enjoyed all the issues you have posted. The edition coming out in winter is also a good idea.

Yes, please.

I print it out to read, suits me better.

Just read "The Tiger". Fascinating. Thanks.

Alan

Alan
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
387 members (1lesfox, 300jimmy, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 40 invisible), 2,055 guests, and 906 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,594
Posts18,398,004
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.