Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
LILLEY: Trudeau reduces sentence for serious gun crimes
Two days after saying growing gun violence is 'unacceptable'

Author of the article: Brian Lilley
---

On Tuesday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised to crack down on gun crime, then on Thursday his government introduced legislation to reduce sentences for serious gun crimes including weapons trafficking and importing.

The Liberals are getting rid of a series of mandatory minimum sentences even for people convicted multiple times of gun offences.

It goes completely against what Trudeau said on Tuesday.

“In some of our cities, gun crimes are on the rise. This is unacceptable,” Trudeau said using sombre tones. “No one should be afraid of being a victim of a sniper or a stray bullet. As a parent, I know full well that our greatest fear is receiving a tragic call, telling us that the worst has happened.”

Mandatory minimum sentences are being removed for a long list of offences including:

– Use of firearm in commission of offence
– Possession of restricted or prohibited weapon knowing possession is unauthorized
– Possession of loaded handgun
– Possession of weapon obtained through crime
– Weapons trafficking
– Unauthorized import/export of firearm
– Illegal discharge of a firearm with intent
– Robbery with firearm
– Extortion with firearm

The rest here - including videos https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/lilley-trudeau-reduces-sentence-for-serious-gun-crimes

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
BP-B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Ya gotta wonder what's in Junior's head, aside from the rocks. Perhaps helium?

I'm leery of mandatory sentences, as there have been a few cases where a judge has felt a lesser sentence was appropriate biut had to hand down a mandatory sentetnce. Nonetheless, it's clear that dealing with real criminals is far less important to Junior than making new ones of us. He's more concerned with their welfare and just treatment than ours, I guess.

The real criminals must be having some pretty good parties and "high-fives" over this.

Canada: Everything from Eh to Zed.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The question is, in the big cities where most of the votes are, will people realize the hypocrisy of his claims about getting tough on crime but reducing sentences? Will people realize that he will say or do anything to get reelected? Will they see that he doesn't care about public safety, just votes?

Sadly, I believe that most won't.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau knows how to reach out to our massive immigrant population. A population that doesn't know anything about the lifestyles of People who live in rural Canada.
Pay attention when he said....the mounties can seize your firearms if you are threatening People of color. That says it all.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Appealing to his voter base; the unemployed stoner, the gang member, the drug dealer, and the liberals who love them. The full-time liberal arts student, the social worker, the professional feminist. The anti-hunter, the non-producer, the anti-Canadian. Trudeau's supporters see no hypocrisy; just as they see no criminality in his activities. GD

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This article contains a synopsis of the changes in C 21. They are at the bottom of the write up.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/c-21-what-a-mess-review/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 673
Trudeau knows how to reach out to our massive immigrant population. A population that doesn't know anything about the lifestyles of People who live in rural Canada.
Pay attention when he said....the mounties can seize your firearms if you are threatening People of color. That says it all.

Good l.uck. Hopefully Canada gets rid of this cancer like his Daddy. I can just imagine his childhood.

Daddy what do I have to do to be prime minster of Canada like you?

Go be an art teacher son.

Last edited by ribka; 02/20/21.
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We get to keep the illegal firearms if we don't refer to the buy back program.
We just can't use them...here is the good news....they will still be in your possession when its time to ......ohhh never mind.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by greydog
Appealing to his voter base; the unemployed stoner, the gang member, the drug dealer, and the liberals who love them. The full-time liberal arts student, the social worker, the professional feminist. The anti-hunter, the non-producer, the anti-Canadian. Trudeau's supporters see no hypocrisy; just as they see no criminality in his activities. GD

Newfoundland, Maritime provinces...

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
With the political ads running now, it sure looks like a fall election. Trudeau needs all the bad publicity now, so that voters will forget by summer.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B3

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
With his supporter's ability to block our bad publicity and fabricate good, he has no problem. They don't need to forget; they simply don't see it. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by greydog
With his supporter's ability to block our bad publicity and fabricate good, he has no problem. They don't need to forget; they simply don't see it. GD

This is 100% correct

From yesterdays news Liberals are working hard to change the narrative on a major issue --- look at the results of this poll on the roll of who is to blame on the vaccine shortfall.    If you are / were a Liberal supporter the narrative is very different than the incompetence of Trudeau. They are doing the same with gun control -- the blame with shift to the provinces as we gave municipalities the tools. Control the media - control the message.

https://montrealgazette.com/news/qu...r-whos-to-blame-for-slow-vaccine-rollout

Hugh
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
This reaction is to be expected. It's normal for supporters of any party not to blame their own. The article refers to polling.

It is important to remember that every government likes to put any bad news stories behind them by a few months. This is because they know that voters have short memories. That breathing space gives party strategists time to come up with responses to attacks that will be made by opposing parties when the campaigning goes into full swing.

This is why people like Gen. Fortin and Bill Blair are pushed to the front right now. They take the lion's share of the blame when things go wrong. Conversely, they can be pushed aside by Trudeau's handlers after the public's mood changes. For example, as more people get vaccinated, and as COVID numbers decrease, Trudeau will take responsibility, claiming his quick action reduced the numbers and saved lives. If things go badly, Trudeau has a fall guy - Fortin - who will take the blame. This isn't the Liberal way per se. All governments do this.

Most people don't realize that the government made the vaccine negotiations. Fortin is just the delivery boy. He cannot deliver what he does not have, but his head will roll if deliveries continue to get messed up.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
The undeniable fact is that your Justin Trudeau is as big a scumbag and traitor to Canada as Obama/Biden (Democrats & RINOs) are to America.

I pray voters in Canada vote this cancer OUT of office!

Sadly, I doubt your elections are in any way fair and honest what-so-ever. I know our is NOT here in America. Biden didn't win.

Our 2 countries are literally being stolen by fraud and lies.

Last edited by Dixie_Rebel; 02/22/21.

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Canada's election history over the past 30 odd years has been more about voting out politicians we no longer like. We don't replace them with more competent people or leaders who have a brighter outlook. We just replace them and hope for the best. It's a phase that will evolve.

Don't work yourself into a frenzy. Calm and collected wins the day and it's better for the heart. smile

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel
The undeniable fact is that your Justin Trudeau is as big a scumbag and traitor to Canada as Obama/Biden (Democrats & RINOs) are to America.

Sadly, I doubt your elections are in any way fair and honest what-so-ever. I know our is NOT here in America. Biden didn't win.

Bigger. Our scumbag is a bigger scumbag then yours

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dixie_Rebel

Canadians don't believe election fraud can happen here. We are being played by the fake media, it is so obvious to myself and others.
Reducing sentences for people of color, meanwhile.......
taking the firearms from law abiding Country born Canadians, and they believe it!....I wont comply, ever.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, he is gearing up for an election.

However, the lack of vaccines may change his mind.

If you want a laugh, go to the Liberal Party of Canada FB page and read the comments on their post regarding Gun control . Over 700 comments, 99% against it.

CCFR asked gun owners to go comment.

Gun owners better start supporting CCFR, Conservatives, and CSSA or we will continue to lose more.

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
The Liberals will do better if the COVID thing continues into the summer. Like any political party, they will start doling out the cash prior to the election. More relief money for voters and businesses means more votes in the ballot boxes. They are already in damage control mode WRT the vaccine distribution. It will be repeated as summer passes into fall. It will be interesting to watch the campaign ads and the debates.

Gun legislation is always safe ground and an easy vote getter. Most Canadians know this. They have to change the headlines because they haven't been doing so well with the vaccine rollout and some other areas.
---

Recently, the International Monetary Fund (the IMF) gave Trudeau's government a lukewarm performance assessment. The C.D. Howe Institute was more critical. Two things stood out for me.

From the Chronicle Herald.

Fears that the government might use a pre-election budget splurge to induce voters is at the heart of the latest paper by the C.D. Howe Institute’s fiscal and tax working group, released on Wednesday. This collection of economists and former politicians is not constrained by the diplomatic niceties that govern the IMF and was blunt in its assessment.

There is no doubt that money will fly out of the government coffers and into the hands of voters, as I mentioned earlier.

The second para that caught my eye was,

The Liberals may have got a gold star from the IMF for their pandemic response but the C.D. Howe offered a more clear-eyed appraisal of their economic recovery plan. It reminded me of many a childhood report card: “Would improve if there was less talk, more action and co-operated more.”

Chronicle Herald

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
672 members (10Glocks, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 76 invisible), 3,167 guests, and 1,465 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,673
Posts18,399,532
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.