Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Usually Hollywood subliminal message, white men are evil and everything wrong with society is their fault.

BP-B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tpcollins
Originally Posted by ol_mike
The movie sucks , longmire sucks , jack reecher sucks too

over .

I like ‘em all.

Me too. Entertainment is where one temporarily divests one’s self from reality. Some of the cranky old farts on here should try it.

Last edited by gregintenn; 02/20/21.
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I liked the movie.

Neil

Dong Ha Vietnam '67
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It was "Loosely based" on a true story.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by NoPa
Originally Posted by viking
It’s one of the better movies released in recent years. That and Highway Men.

Some guys will p iss and moan about everything, even if there ice cream is to cold. For the haters, name your favorite movie, song, pickup, rifle sexual position or whatever and someone will come along and shred it.

Just out of curiosity, what is your favorite rifle sexual position?

I hope it’s from behind....

IC B2

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk

It’s actually based on me. I was once near a trailer in the snow, and I’ve met a couple natives. The rest was artistic liberty.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just watched some snippets, mostly of the shootout, plan to see it all someday. Someday...

Does seem that when the head bad guy announces to those inside the trailer that the FBI was right outside the door, the pretty FBI lady shoulda known what was coming and evacted the area.

Black Cows Matter!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

I live on the actual Wind River Reservation and for me? I would have liked to have seen it actually filmed here (Though they did mention actual locations that do exist)

It may be "Loosely based" on a true story (Very loosely) but I can tell you for a fact that native women are far more at risk from native men than white men.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by broomd
Great movie.

Where else is a guy gonna see a coyote culled by a snow camo'd hunter, dude reloading, snowmachinin' without a helmet, impossible sniping from 400 yards with a 45/70 all in the same flick?
Plenty to like about this film in the snowflake era we live in.

Marlin .45/70, offhand, 1080 yards. Looks like iron sights (??) This guy can shoot.

The guy in the movie had a scope and was shooting from a rest IIRC.

No comment on all the rest. I don’t think the pretty Indian women were actually Indians either.

Meh! With help from a spotter and walking it in? I was not that impressed. Have witnessed hand gunners with open sight revolvers do nearly as well.

Also, I remember from some of your previous posts you purportedly spent some time on a rez. What makes you think the pretty native girls are not actually native?
I have seen some absolutely beautiful native women.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
There lots of good-looking native women, they just didn’t seem to use any in the movie.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just a movie, but a good one.

the least realistic part for me was the size of the "security detail", their willingness to flank the local deputies, and their guns.

That part was a whole other movie

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Jeremy Renner is quite athletic and does all of his character's physical stunts in movies: (fast forward to 3:10...)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by kwg020
Great movie.

Where else is a guy gonna see a coyote culled by a snow camo'd hunter, dude reloading, snowmachinin' without a helmet, impossible sniping from 400 yards with a 45/70 all in the same flick?

This ^^^^
kwg

Yah. Gotta be on the upper side of average for sure. Can't remember a damned thing about it though, so there's that....

A lot of men hugging and crying. Parts were disturbing (graphic rape) and sad (children dying).

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by byron

I live on the actual Wind River Reservation and for me? I would have liked to have seen it actually filmed here (Though they did mention actual locations that do exist)

It may be "Loosely based" on a true story (Very loosely) but I can tell you for a fact that native women are far more at risk from native men than white men.

Research actually shows opposite from what you are claiming.

https://nij.ojp.gov/media/image/19456

Grandpa fought Fascists in WWII, Dad fought Communists in Vietnam. - American is meant for the middle.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There lots of good-looking native women, they just didn’t seem to use any in the movie.

Yeah, I guess some would not find Tantoo Cardinal attractive. Julia Jones (Cory's wife) I find attractive. Kelsey Chow is attractive, but she is not native (The Cherokee tribe could not find any record of her on the tribal rolls)

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by burrinho

Research actually shows opposite from what you are claiming.

https://nij.ojp.gov/media/image/19456

Yeah but I'm not one to put much stock in statistics put forth from most in this day and age. You know...what with the propensity to heap hatred and false narratives on whites.

I can tell you this though, that for where I live I'll stand by what I posted.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah, I guess some would not find Tantoo Cardinal attractive. Julia Jones (Cory's wife) I find attractive. Kelsey Chow is attractive, but she is not native (The Cherokee tribe could not find any record of her on the tribal rolls)

In fairness to the people who made the movie, this was a really A list cast. Both of those women in the movie were known quantities who had prior experience in major productions.

Same with Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham, who IIRC are on tribal rolls. I would guess they looked at native actresses too. Tantoo Cardinal rocks but I think she’s playing grandparents now. Time flies, Dances With Wolves was 30 years ago already.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kwg020
Great movie.

This ^^^^
kwg

And this..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Broomd: I enjoyed the movie and have watched it a few times including again last night.
I enjoyed some of the scenery and the animals a bit more than the plot/acting etc.
It also had several cool guns!
It's worth a looksee.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

In fairness to the people who made the movie, this was a really A list cast. Both of those women in the movie were known quantities who had prior experience in major productions.

Same with Graham Greene and Gil Birmingham, who IIRC are on tribal rolls. I would guess they looked at native actresses too. Tantoo Cardinal rocks but I think she’s playing grandparents now. Time flies, Dances With Wolves was 30 years ago already.

True enough. Wife is watching a series about a time traveling woman and her Scott husband (Outlander?) and Tantoo had a bit part in it on a episode the other night.Showing her age for sure.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
155 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,465 guests, and 828 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,904
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.