I only got 10.1 million.

Post pics of your GTO

I got a 57 Edsel.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sold my house a bit more than a year ago. Renting now waiting for building prices to drop. I invested the money from the sale of my house last year in the stock market end of March. Bought an acre of land on a local lake with some of the profits last summer, dumped some more in the market. Made enough to cash build a house now. Unfortunately where I chose to live it will run about 400 k or more for a basic 2000 to 2100 sq ft house , plus another 30 k for a shop. Damn expensive.but happen to live in one of the hottest fasting growing realestae markets in the US. Interesting where real estate and building supplies will be in 6 months with Biden. With interest rates so low I'll probably build and take out out a mortgage when done, put 20 to 30 per cent down, and keep rest in investments of course depending on market. A lot of uncertainty with Biden in charge of economy. Would like to have a paid off house but tough justifying if I can get a mortgage under 3 per cent.

Last edited by ribka; 02/20/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Show off.

I only got 10.1 million.

Post pics of your GTO

I got a 57 Edsel.

Close enough!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
No house payments here. Put dollars aside monthly to pay yearly taxes! Building a cabin (house) out of pocket on the recreational land! Sold some timber to do road work, and foundation work! Maybe I will finish it before l croak!

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Twice. Second time was to build the garage. Both paid off in 15, rather than the note 30. That's about 200K in interest savings right there.

We mortgaged the rental unit to buy the recently purchased recreation land and cabin. That one will be paid off in 4. Or not- we really don't GAS.... smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Nope.

But I’m worth 10.2 million in liquid assets, several more in long term investments that I could cash out if I had to. I just keep my mortgage as a write off.

Oh, and I’m 25. I was an orphan, left in the woods. Was bucking hay in diapers, drove semis as soon as I was house trained. Never borrowed a dime in my life.

I cleaned toilets all night till the sun came up while taking differential equations and honors physics by day to get my EE degree and work at Rocket Research on the midget man missile design concept and creating Arc Jet.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I live in the hollow of a giant cypress tree.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I might say my mortgage is paid off,

Than I might leave out the details about the single wide,

value of 12k.

But hell, she's paid for, and that was the question.......

Along with my other favorite,,, "I've got enough reloading components to last me the rest of my life"

You 78 or 32?

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
My parents carved out a few thousand acres for me from the family estate on my 18th birthday. I worked really hard as assistant librarian on the Bookmobile and built a small starter house, about 15,000 square feet, with cash I saved from birthdays and Christmases.

When I turned 21 I wanted a little more room, so the starter bungalow was turned into servants' quarters and I built a proper country farmhouse, about 25,000 square feet, on the edge of the polo grounds near the blimp hangar. It is a cozy little place but I am used to it and doubt I will move.

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by rem141r
yes, both of them. i know some people think dave ramsey is full of schit, but i started following his advice 25 years ago and it has paid off. as he says, once the mortgage is paid off, the grass feels greener under your feet.

well until the tax bill shows up and you realize nobody really owns property in this country.

Maybe my hatred of debt is shaded by my Dad suddenly dieing
at 40. I was 3. Mom got kicked off the farm and her only assets
were the beef cattle and his equipment. Other issues made it worse
for her. She got by on grit and help from Dads friends.

When we bought our home a dark cloud formed over my head.
That payment, and the risk of foreclosure, dogged me until
it was over. Every financial decision was focused on my family
having a home if something happened to me.

Dad was just going through a normal day, unloading a tire from
his truck. Then, he was gone and we were left in a bad place.

Yes, I have life insurance.
But everyone isn't lucky enough to die.
Some linger. Keeping life insurance off the table
while putting more drag on the "survivors".

sounds like me. i mortgaged for 30 years to get a lower payment in case something happened. then i did an amoritization table to figure out how much i had to pay extra every month to pay it off in 10 years. every decision i made was focused on what i needed to do to keep a roof over my families head. still is. always had term life and LTD on me. my parents were born in 1918 and 1922. their stories of the depression and war years were burned into my brain.

that really sucks about your dad. that stuff happens in the blink of an eye.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Is your name Ernie and do you make cookies?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I could pay mine off, but it doesn’t make much financial sense when the interest rate is so low. That cash is doing much better elsewhere.

I’ve thought about the psychological aspect that some have mentioned. But, heck, I’d still be paying hundreds every month for taxes and insurance. So I don’t ascribe much benefit to that.

Last edited by turkish; 02/20/21.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Paid off when 29 years age!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Texczech
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Is your name Ernie and do you make cookies?

A recent invention called fire helps a great deal. I got plenty of room, even an upstairs.

[Linked Image from tree-pictures.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yep, been paid off for many years.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some are bigger than others.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

[Linked Image from thetreecenter.com]

I am..........disturbed.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Less is more and life is short.

I'm debt free because retirement needs to be stress free. I'm not wasting my time fretting over my "nest egg" horde.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
Less is more and life is short.

I'm debt free because retirement needs to be stress free. I'm not wasting my time fretting over my "nest egg" horde.
I concur with these sentiments.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by auk1124
My parents carved out a few thousand acres for me from the family estate on my 18th birthday. I worked really hard as assistant librarian on the Bookmobile and built a small starter house, about 15,000 square feet, with cash I saved from birthdays and Christmases.

When I turned 21 I wanted a little more room, so the starter bungalow was turned into servants' quarters and I built a proper country farmhouse, about 25,000 square feet, on the edge of the polo grounds near the blimp hangar. It is a cozy little place but I am used to it and doubt I will move.

Pay attention folks, This is how you answer generic questions.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
694 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 72 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.