Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
After a week long delay on a rifle purchase of the background check, it came back today denied. I am beginning the NICS appeal process immediately and am sort of bewildered by the whole thing.

Have any of you been denied and successfully appealed the denial? What was the process like? Did you need legal help or was it something you were able to do on your own?

GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
The fugg did you do?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Thought there was a shall issue clause if delayed 3 days or more? Something like that.

You have a delay, not a deny?

Others will know. šŸ¤”

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
It was a delay at first, followed by an outright denial. Cabela's won't hand over the gun unless they get the okay from NICS anyways. Right now I'm even more concerned that the FBI apparently thinks I'm a criminal... which is interesting because I bought a gun less than a year ago with no problem.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
That sucks. Have you bought before without issue?

-Jake

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Iā€™m delayed about half the time. Never denied.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm always delayed a day.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your name may be being confused with someone else, especially if you have a rather common name. Not giving your social can be a problem as well if that is the case. Might be time for you to look in to getting a UPIN number.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Iā€™ve NEVER seen a person that applied for a UPIN, because they always got a delay, EVER get a proceed....NEVER! Iā€™m not saying that it doesnā€™t happen but I donā€™t recall ever having a person with a UPIN get an immediate proceed.

As for denials all I can say is that you have to go through the process and it took most people 6 months to a year to get it squared away. More times than not there was a ā€œlegitimateā€ reason for the denial. Oftentimes it was unpaid traffic tickets/bench warrants and old convictions of DV/assault 4 and restraining orders. Iā€™ve seen men in their 40ā€™s and 50ā€™s get denied because they had a juvenile conviction for a felony. They thought because they were kids or decades have passed without trouble that itā€™d be forgotten about, it ainā€™t.

Go through the process and if youā€™re really not prohibited youā€™ll get it worked out. Itā€™s doubtful youā€™ll need an attorney unless you DO have something prohibiting you from owning firearms. In that case youā€™ll have to petition the court for expungement of the prohibiting violations.

ļæ½Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.ļæ½ ļæ½General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~MolɔĢ€Ėn LabĆ© SkĆ½la~
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The fugg did you do?

My thoughts exactly!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a delay. My background doesn't allow for just any NICS monkey to access it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I clear before they can take a second breath. But I don't have a common name.
Maybe that has something to do with it.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
No, I moved to a free state, got a CWP and just walk the fuuck out with my firearm as the Founders sorta intended..

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The fugg did you do?

He's not going to tell us I wager.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've been telling ya'll.................the government is reading what we post here.

If you want to be able to fly under the radar, better start posting down in the food part of this place.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Iā€™m delayed about half the time. Never denied.

Same here. Itā€™s always a crapshoot but if delayed I get the approval usually within a day or two.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 02/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Iā€™ve NEVER seen a person that applied for a UPIN, because they always got a delay, EVER get a proceed....NEVER! Iā€™m not saying that it doesnā€™t happen but I donā€™t recall ever having a person with a UPIN get an immediate proceed.

As for denials all I can say is that you have to go through the process and it took most people 6 months to a year to get it squared away. More times than not there was a ā€œlegitimateā€ reason for the denial. Oftentimes it was unpaid traffic tickets/bench warrants and old convictions of DV/assault 4 and restraining orders. Iā€™ve seen men in their 40ā€™s and 50ā€™s get denied because they had a juvenile conviction for a felony. They thought because they were kids or decades have passed without trouble that itā€™d be forgotten about, it ainā€™t.

Go through the process and if youā€™re really not prohibited youā€™ll get it worked out. Itā€™s doubtful youā€™ll need an attorney unless you DO have something prohibiting you from owning firearms. In that case youā€™ll have to petition the court for expungement of the prohibiting violations.

Good advice

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
No, I moved to a free state, got a CWP and just walk the fuuck out with my firearm as the Founders sorta intended..

What was the founders stance on the CWP permitting process?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
On a delay they have 3-5 days to respond to deny or respond if they don't its yours.
The Cabelas guy who did the NICS check should have been told that.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 222Sako, 1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 2003and2013, 67 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,224
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.