Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
How about you guys? Not a lot of guys shooting it up right now, but I've been seeing a lot of it in the $25.99/box range. Sportsman's had 12 boxes of it yesterday:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I even bought a box of it a few weeks ago, in anticipation to a build I was thinking about doing, but now have moved on to building a 6x45. I'll probably pull the bullets out of this factory ammo and use the 108 ELD match bullets for some slight load development in my 6x45 grin . If anyone needs the brass, let me know...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was at one point hot to trot to build one. Then I saw WOA write up on the bolt failures. At that point I said no thanks, me and the kids 224 Valkyrie’s run real well. But I thought about building a 6x45 a few times. I would probably just buy a brand AR15 and put a new barrel on it 😁.. Hell our lgs wants north of $550 for a bear creek complete upper lol. So cheaper to buy a brand complete AR15 like a ruger or smith and Wesson. I was thinking ph uck last year they were selling for $189 bucks..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Still leaning toward this or the 22 grendel version, but build components are hard to source. Still looking for precision build stripped uppers.

C
C
I assembled a 6mm ARC gas gun with a 22" barrel last September. I have about 400 rounds of factory ammo on hand for it but haven't shot it yet since I haven't had time to take it out. I have no concerns about the bolts with properly loaded ammo. The same bolt conversation has been thrown about for 6.5 Grendel for years...I have had six ARs in 6.5 Grendel and I've never experienced a broken bolt.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S
I was at one point hot to trot to build one. Then I saw WOA write up on the bolt failures. At that point I said no thanks, me and the kids 224 Valkyrie’s run real well. But I thought about building a 6x45 a few times. I would probably just buy a brand AR15 and put a new barrel on it 😁.. Hell our lgs wants north of $550 for a bear creek complete upper lol. So cheaper to buy a brand complete AR15 like a ruger or smith and Wesson. I was thinking ph uck last year they were selling for $189 bucks..

I hear you buddy. I thought about going with a varkyrie as well, as I know you and your daughter and also Beretzs has had good luck with that fast little hot rod. Twist them fast and run real heavy pills and you can do a lot with a .224 caliber AR. The 6x45 isn't going to be a screamer, but still should be a fun little plinker. I'm hoping it rivals my 223's in terms of accuracy at 100 yards. At 400-500 yards, it should have an edge over the .223 rem in the accuracy department because of higher bc bullets. You know around here we get a lot of wind, so the heavier 6mm pill should work out well in those conditions. I'm not expecting to shoot 1000 yards with it, but out to 500, it should hold its own with very light recoil that helps with spotting your shots. I'm still wondering what direction the OP went with his build idea?

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I wish I could find it for that price in Florida. I put a 6 ARC upper together last year with a proof barrel and a JP bolt. I have no complaints. It checked the boxes I wanted checked. It also seems to kill stuff ok. I’m worried about how long the Valkyrie is gonna be around.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
How about you guys? Not a lot of guys shooting it up right now, but I've been seeing a lot of it in the $25.99/box range. Sportsman's had 12 boxes of it yesterday:

I even bought a box of it a few weeks ago, in anticipation to a build I was thinking about doing, but now have moved on to building a 6x45. I'll probably pull the bullets out of this factory ammo and use the 108 ELD match bullets for some slight load development in my 6x45 grin . If anyone needs the brass, let me know...

Have not seen any here in a long time now. Most shelves are bear, those that aren't want crazy prices. Yes I understand the pricing and I am not complaining. Just don't need to pay those prices as I am sitting fine for now. Though I do wish I could get those $26 a box 6ARC!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We'd have to have a local gun store first, then I'd have to go.

Except for visiting Cody in Delta mostly, I can't recall last time I was in a bonafide gun store. Just don't see the need.

But its interesting to hear what folks are seeing when they go.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rost495
We'd have to have a local gun store first, then I'd have to go.

Except for visiting Cody in Delta mostly, I can't recall last time I was in a bonafide gun store. Just don't see the need.

But its interesting to hear what folks are seeing when they go.

Its fun to get out with friends of like mind and check out different places that sell guns and ammo. I see all kinds of good chidt. Its all about hobbies and interests. I also love working on rifles and pass on a lot of savings to others, even though I never lose money on a gun deal. You can't find everything online, like some guys think. I was at a shop yesterday and found a bunch of partial boxes of bullets for damn good deals. I find things you'd have a hell of a time finding online, before Biden was elected and now. Things they don't stock anymore, like the sierra 200gr FN .375 bullets for my 375 winchester lever gun. One box was $10.00 and the other was $30.00. I bought both, even though I have many more at home. I'm a gun guy, so I'm constantly looking for deals and in the stores a lot. Its much better than hanging out at the bars... One example of yesterday's excursion is I bought a new BCG for $189.99. The same one sells for $264.00 online. Some guys like using their money wisely, others can sit at home and pay exorbitant prices on things. Try pricing scopes on ebay right now and get back to me. A rifle I bought yesterday is worth much more than I paid for it. I can easily double my money. Some guys just don't understand very simple economics.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The only boxes of 6 ARC I have seen here in SC Alaska, I bought. That was around Christmas time. I need to get off my butt and go shoot it now. I think I jumped the gun on building an ARC. About the only thing here I can find to reload with it are bullets. No brass, powder or primers to be had here for it. Good news, I do have does though, just need the rest.

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Hudge
The only boxes of 6 ARC I have seen here in SC Alaska, I bought. That was around Christmas time. I need to get off my butt and go shoot it now. I think I jumped the gun on building an ARC. About the only thing here I can find to reload with it are bullets. No brass, powder or primers to be had here for it. Good news, I do have does though, just need the rest.

In my running around, i also saw hornady reloading dies. I think hornady is at least trying to make an effort in these trying times.

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

I'll take that brass off your hands if you still have it...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

In my running around, i also saw hornady reloading dies. I think hornady is at least trying to make an effort in these trying times.

When I was looking for dies, all I could find was RCBS small base, so that's what I bought. All I've seen since then except at SW is Hornady dies.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

So no one other than hornady is making bullets primers powder in these times?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

If Hornady made primers and powder and it was available I’d buy it. Right now, I haven’t seen any powder except shotgun stuff since late Dec. and only large pistol primers and that was last week at Bass Pro.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CCI 450s and lever evolution are your friends here.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Yeah, that's exactly what I said. Why don't you go and practice your iron sight shooting and beat my damn score? I've been waiting. The camp perry guys must be pretty damned ashamed... Or...You can keep shooting your mouth off in the time being, I guess..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, thanks to 79S for alerting me about some 6 ARC ammo here locally, I now have a few more boxes.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (1OntarioJim, 2500HD, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,033 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.