Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15818908 02/21/21
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Kingston, little story for you:

Maybe 20 years old. Messing around with a gas grill. Let it run gas for maybe a minute closed, then popped the top while hitting the ignition.

Beer was involved.

And flames.

I got torched. Eyebrows singed off.

Nobody noticed.

Not one fuucking person noticed that I no longer had eyebrows.

#reallywhitepersonproblems

GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Happened to me as well in my early 20’s. I was also pretty drunk and nobody noticed either.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What, you guys never did the Mongo thing? Lighting a seegar in the campfire?

Hey Motown? How the Flyers doin? And why not a "winged wheel" with your 'fire handle of Motown?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
goalie;
Good morning - well I see it's afternoon for you folks - I hope the day's been a good one for you and your fine family.

Thanks for the chuckle, it's much appreciated on a few levels, one of which brought back an "incident" from my past.

When I was going into Grade 7 we moved off the family farm about 250 miles north to a small town.

One of the first guys I met was Scott, who somehow was wired pretty close to the way I was in a number of ways and we subsequently got into a fair bit of hijinks because of that, with firearms, motorcycles, snowmobiles and sometimes gun powder.

We were, on this occasion, working on a Jr. High science project and built a paper mache volcano with a surrounding landscape. It was built on a 2'x2' piece of plywood so we could transport it easily. Since we were boys and since we had access to gun powder, we'd installed an old pill bottle as the mouth of the volcano and filled it about half full with a mixture of shotgun, rifle and black powder.... eek

One of us and I can't recall which one now, decided it'd be wise to do a test run of the science project outside, just to ensure it'd work well enough to impress our science teacher Mr. Chychrun, who was incidentally tough to impress.

We laid the thing on a snow bank in his back yard, installed the appropriate length of firecracker fuse and Scott lit it up and stood back.

The fuse burned to the edge of the volcano and stopped... nothing happened.

Scott looked over at me, and began to move towards the volcano, which I thought was a poor plan and was about to tell him so when it went off spewing flame about 2' into the air.

Unfortunately for Scott, his face was about 18" over the mouth of the lava monster and like you, he lost his eyebrows as well as a wonderful start on a slightly fuzzy moustache.

When we took the science project into school the next day, explained to Mr. Chychrun what had happened so that was why we wouldn't do a "full display" in class, he looked at the melted volcano, then at Scott's face and sincerely thanked us both for doing that test run outside! laugh

Though the marks we got for the project is somehow lost in time, as I type this I can still see my best buddy Scott doing a backflip into the snow.

Thanks for the fond memories of a long passed friend and for the chuckle sir.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
a year or two ago i had a full beard and was getting sick of it like i always do. all my kids and wife were home and sitting around the living room. i went upstairs and cut off exactly half my facial hair. one side clean, the other full beard. looked like two-face from dick tracy cartoon. came back down and proceeded to keep bs'ing. took forever for somebody to notice.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Dwayne,

was Mr Chychrun related to the NHL HOCKEY Chychruns?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I was in shop class at apprenticeship school in early 70’s. We were gas welding, had never seen a butane cigarette lighter before. A dumas caddy corner to me had one on his table. Well, guess what? The MF exploded, burned about 6 of us pretty good, no eyebrows, mustaches, beards, fuuucked us up pretty good, no eye damage, had goggles on.

They same Dumass was looking in a dark gang box that had a spilled can of PVC cleaner, burned cshit out of himself again. He fell of a ladder, hurt his back, never completed his apprenticeship.

Last edited by hanco; 02/21/21.
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
goalie;
Good morning - well I see it's afternoon for you folks - I hope the day's been a good one for you and your fine family.

Thanks for the chuckle, it's much appreciated on a few levels, one of which brought back an "incident" from my past.

When I was going into Grade 7 we moved off the family farm about 250 miles north to a small town.

One of the first guys I met was Scott, who somehow was wired pretty close to the way I was in a number of ways and we subsequently got into a fair bit of hijinks because of that, with firearms, motorcycles, snowmobiles and sometimes gun powder.

We were, on this occasion, working on a Jr. High science project and built a paper mache volcano with a surrounding landscape. It was built on a 2'x2' piece of plywood so we could transport it easily. Since we were boys and since we had access to gun powder, we'd installed an old pill bottle as the mouth of the volcano and filled it about half full with a mixture of shotgun, rifle and black powder.... eek

One of us and I can't recall which one now, decided it'd be wise to do a test run of the science project outside, just to ensure it'd work well enough to impress our science teacher Mr. Chychrun, who was incidentally tough to impress.

We laid the thing on a snow bank in his back yard, installed the appropriate length of firecracker fuse and Scott lit it up and stood back.

The fuse burned to the edge of the volcano and stopped... nothing happened.

Scott looked over at me, and began to move towards the volcano, which I thought was a poor plan and was about to tell him so when it went off spewing flame about 2' into the air.

Unfortunately for Scott, his face was about 18" over the mouth of the lava monster and like you, he lost his eyebrows as well as a wonderful start on a slightly fuzzy moustache.

When we took the science project into school the next day, explained to Mr. Chychrun what had happened so that was why we wouldn't do a "full display" in class, he looked at the melted volcano, then at Scott's face and sincerely thanked us both for doing that test run outside! laugh

Though the marks we got for the project is somehow lost in time, as I type this I can still see my best buddy Scott doing a backflip into the snow.

Thanks for the fond memories of a long passed friend and for the chuckle sir.

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL

smoking a bong will toast em off too if got the lighter flame dialed up hot for blunts.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
We were cleaning up on a Sunday morning before heading out for a big family reunion dinner.

My 5 year old brother had dad's razor and shaved off 1/2 of 1 eyebrow before Ma caught him.

Everybody but Ma thought it was hilarious!

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
BURPPPPP

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Valsdad;
Good afternoon to you my cyber friend, I trust all is well with you folks.

Sorry I'm not sure, but it's not a super common name even in Ukrainian circles.

In looking up how to spell his name, I found out that he'd passed on last year.

https://heritagefuneral.ca/tribute/details/182/Matthew-Chychrun/obituary.html

While I may have mentioned this previously and truly am loathe to do this on a thread started by "goalie" - I'm somewhat famous for my abilities in hockey and curling...

Yes, it's a fact that in the entire history of Saskatchewan there have been less than 275 people who can neither skate, nor curl. laugh

I was asked to leave and need to get written permission from Regina to even visit now. cry

Okay another quick NHL story.

When our eldest was in high school she made friends with a girl who was new in town. Our girls were always good at being inclusive and fair minded - once again a nod to their mother for good genetics.

Anyways we met her father Rob who was and is a big fellow and as they were waiting for his wife/her mother to get up here from stateside, we invited Rob and his daughter over for a couple meals.

We were chatting about life and work and such when Rob looked at me and said, "You don't really follow hockey at all do you?"

I then told him the story of my Saskatchewan fame and he got a good chuckle out of it.

Turned out Rob was this Rob - but it sort of tickled him that I was one of the few Canadians that wasn't aware of who he was.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=1375

Anyways, with apologies to you and goalie, I'm not sure but imagine there must be a connection somewhere not too, too far back?

All the best to you folks Valsdad.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
I was in shop class at apprenticeship school in early 70’s. We were gas welding, had never seen a butane cigarette lighter before. A dumas caddy corner to me had one on his table. Well, guess what? The MF exploded, burned about 6 of us pretty good, no eyebrows, mustaches, beards, fuuucked us up pretty good, no eye damage, had goggles on.

They same Dumass was looking in a dark gang box that had a spilled can of PVC cleaner, burned cshit out of himself again. He fell of a ladder, hurt his back, never completed his apprenticeship.

We had a one of those walking accidents that worked with us for awhile framing houses. Something happened to him at least weekly. Last incident he set up a step ladder on the edge of a second story deck we were building with one leg of the ladder in mid air off the edge of the deck. Stepped onto the ladder and immediately fell about 10' to the ground, broke an arm and all beat up. We decided after that he was irredeemable.

Last edited by NVhntr; 02/21/21.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
OK Dwayne, that's kinda funny. He was even born in Regina. But, that being said, I don't think the folks there will cross your name off the Canadian registry.

Curling I've never tried either. I can't imagine why. Although, when I was a drinking man I guess I might have seen it as a good excuse to drink while out on the lake/river had I lived where they froze solid.

We're well here, 3-4 days of sunshine mostly in the forecast. Time to go split wood and stack it for drying.

In it is contentment

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
But did it take care of the nose and ear hairs too? 😮

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
When my younger brother was an early teen he shaved his eyebrows off. He says he's not sure why, he did one then had to do the other. I was already away at college so I didn't get to see it. It hilarious to hear my parents talk about it...."we knew something was different but we just couldn't tell what it was".... It took them days to realize he'd shaved his eyebrows.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How many years were you a hairless albino super villain for Halloween?

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by goalie
Kingston, little story for you:

Maybe 20 years old. Messing around with a gas grill. Let it run gas for maybe a minute closed, then popped the top while hitting the ignition.

Beer was involved.

And flames.

I got torched. Eyebrows singed off.

Nobody noticed.

Not one fuucking person noticed that I no longer had eyebrows.

#reallywhitepersonproblems

Did you try traveling outside Poland?

Might have made a difference in the amount of attention you received.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hairless albino supervillain.

Aaaaaaand this year's Halloween costume has been picked out early!!!!

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
#oldmanproblems

[Linked Image from 25yearslatersite.com]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 63 invisible), 2,122 guests, and 1,132 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,133
Posts18,464,687
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.