Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Timbermaster
Originally Posted by ldholton
Long story , didn't put SSN 3 times = 3 denials, FBI will call you trust me . I know

The FBI called you? Why?

I would be thinking BATF

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gemby58
Long story , didn't put SSN 3 times = 3 denials, FBI will call you trust me . I know

The FBI called you? Why?

I would be thinking BATF

The Failed Bureau of Instigation handles the NICS system not Always Totally Fugged.

Swifty
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rocky_mtn
I gave them my SSN... my only thought is that Cabelas entered something wrong, but they aren’t about to run a background check again on me just to make sure (I asked).

I probably buy six or seven firearms each year for the last five years or so. I never put my social security number on the ATF 4473 form, it is optional. Never been denied, but I do have my Concealed Carry Permit in KY and I am checked every month in KY. I made the mistake of buying two handguns the same day once, won't do that again. Separate paper work goes to the county sheriff in that case.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by gemby58

The FBI called you? Why?

I would be thinking BATF

Denied 3 x I guess spread out over like 6 months. FBI lady was very helpful in resolving the issue. Entire name 2 letters off , birthday same 1 year apart . Height weight same . Convicted felon in CA.
Funny thing is those time I left off SSN was by accident. Have a file of the convict, even look a bit alike 🥴. Given a personal ID number I can use, never have never have forgot SSN number again either 😁.no problems again numbers purchases since. The incident happened 01- 02 range I think. May have wife find few and see ,curious myself.

Last edited by ldholton; 02/21/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
We all know the FBI is corrupt, what’s to stop Biden’s FBI from denying every sale?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
The FBI contacted someone for no SSN on the form? Or for what? It states right on the form that providing your SSN is not required, but optional.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The FBI contacted someone for no SSN on the form? Or for what? It states right on the form that providing your SSN is not required, but optional.

Think it was making sure is was not a convicted felon trying to use someone's identity to purchase a firearm .

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Part of the reason may be that they're having to process so many firearm purchases these days, They're getting bombarded with NICS checks.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

16. Social Security Number (optional, but will help prevent misidentification)

Swifty
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I only buy privately now

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 45_100
The constitution says "shall not be infringed" period. Gun laws are not intended to help honest people buy guns, they are intended to make it more difficult for everyone to purchase firearms. If you don't include all the information they ask for, you reduce your chances of getting approved.
Arizona does not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon but has a provision to acquire a concealed weapons permit. With that permit, no background check is required. You just walk in, fill out the 4473, show the dealer your permit and walk out with the firearm. Avoids being subject to incompetent people who have the authority to spoil your day. Should you have to do this? NO Is it constitutional? NO Is it reality? YES How do we change it? DON'T KNOW

This is the way it used to be in Washington state. Then our lovely AG and the Seattlites that know so much about how to govern changed it with I1639. Now, everyone gets a check, delay, and maybe we will let you have a firearm. If it is for an assault weapon (any semiauto firearm) you have to allow your medical records to hang out in space for anyone to see.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
A lot of us have had our Driver's License for a LONG time. Lots of times when renewing, the clerk just copies information off of last card you had. This may happen many times over the years. When calling in the 4473, the FFL gives information off of 4473 and your Driver's License. If you give correct up to date information on 4473 about your weight, height etc. and it differs from Driver License, that throws up a red flag on the other end. Make sure the information on the 4473 is EXACTLY the same as your Driver's License.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The constitution says "shall not be infringed" period. Gun laws are not intended to help honest people buy guns, they are intended to make it more difficult for everyone to purchase firearms. If you don't include all the information they ask for, you reduce your chances of getting approved.
Arizona does not require a permit to carry a concealed weapon but has a provision to acquire a concealed weapons permit. With that permit, no background check is required. You just walk in, fill out the 4473, show the dealer your permit and walk out with the firearm. Avoids being subject to incompetent people who have the authority to spoil your day. Should you have to do this? NO Is it constitutional? NO Is it reality? YES How do we change it? DON'T KNOW

While you are correct about Arizona, try using your permit at a Walmart. They refuse to accept it It's either go through the Fugging Bastard Idiots or nothing. Yes, I have a permit.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by PJGunner

While you are correct about Arizona, try using your permit at a Walmart. They refuse to accept it It's either go through the Fugging Bastard Idiots or nothing. Yes, I have a permit.
Paul B.

LOL
My son has his permit to carry, here in MN it doubles as a permit to purchase.

He was at Fleet Farm buying a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag.

He was filling out the forms when the clerk told him that he could not continue without a permit to purchase. A discussion took place about his permit to purchase vs the permit to carry The manger was called and he was dumber than the clerk.

We punched up the information on the State Website on his phone, they both read it and said, nope you are wrong.

They called somebody in corporate and we were told they could not sell without a Permit to Purchase and the Permit to carry does not qualify.

Idiots

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Your name may be being confused with someone else, especially if you have a rather common name. Not giving your social can be a problem as well if that is the case. Might be time for you to look in to getting a UPIN number.

A friend here experienced denials.

He legally charged his first name from Michael to Mike, and hadn’t had the same problem.

Schitbird with the same common name.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by PJGunner

Paul B.

LOL
My son has his permit to carry, here in MN it doubles as a permit to purchase.

He was at Fleet Farm buying a Ruger Blackhawk 44 Mag.

He was filling out the forms when the clerk told him that he could not continue without a permit to purchase. A discussion took place about his permit to purchase vs the permit to carry The manger was called and he was dumber than the clerk.

We punched up the information on the State Website on his phone, they both read it and said, nope you are wrong.

They called somebody in corporate and we were told they could not sell without a Permit to Purchase and the Permit to carry does not qualify.

Idiots

A shadow of the place it was before the Mills family sold it. I've been delayed, never denied. Hope it stays that way.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
I'm delayed about 1/2 the time, even with a UPIN number. Started to happen after I started working for the government. Think the 2nd to the last gun I purchased the pawn shop never received a response.

Personally I have a very un-common name and a clean background.

Just a bunch of BS

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Had a relative of mine.... 35 years old .... denied a driver’s license renewal... he had been a Colorado resident since birth and held a Colorado driver’s license since he was 16. He says “What?”..... And they tell him he has been “flagged”.... did not pay some civic debt... can’t remember exactly, but as I recall it was a county property tax bill..... from...get this.... 20 years before. He never owned any property to pay tax on....

So, he explains what he can and the clerk agrees with him but tells him the “computer” won’t let a license be issued and there is nothing they can do....

So, he goes to the court house and presents the issue.... but they have no record of the property or the bill or any sort of tax deficiency ..... except that “yes, we can see that you have been flagged”.....so he asks how and why that could happen and who did it? The fog rolls and they tell him they can’t do anything about it and he is simply “flagged.” They don’t even know any dollar amount for the deficiency.

In the ensuing conversation, voice levels are raised.... nobody is happy.... the folks at the county speculate that “somebody” mistyped a SSN and that is how the error got introduced and “no, we don’t know who did it or even when.....we can’t clear it without a payment as that is what the computer demands”.......and then they tell him that if he pays $200, they will process the payment and the flag can be removed. That does nothing but make matters worse..... so he goes home, calls a lawyer and the lawyer tells him to pay the $200 and get on with life.

This guy gives up, pays the $200..... I ask why he did that and not keep pressing the issue.... he tells me “I am so angry that it is now worth $200 for me to be able to keep telling this story of county gov’t incompetence and LOGAS.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rocky_mtn
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The fugg did you do?

He's not going to tell us I wager.

I didn’t do anything, unless it’s been kept a secret from me. I’ve been trying to think of whether or not I’ve had some traffic ticket that I forgot about or something like that. The thing is I got pulled over just a couple of months ago and the policeman ran my license - you’d think if I was a fugitive on the run, the system would’ve told him.

Yah, uhh huhhh...

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Yah, uhh huhhh...

Why would I come here to ask about getting denied and appealing if I knew I was a felon or a fugitive or something? Anyways, I'm just a stranger on the internet so I guess it doesn't really matter if I'm telling the truth or not or if people believe me.

Sounds like a lot of you have experienced delays, but not too many denials. Most of the denials I read about are from people with criminal records that they thought wouldn't count against them (juvenile stuff or things that have been expunged/pardoned), or from people with unknown bench warrants from minor stuff like traffic violations. There is the occasional case of mistaken identity as well. I'm assuming I fall in the last category, because I've never been arrested and I would have been prompt with any parking tickets or that sort of thing. But I guess you never know.

I'm not looking forward to the appeal process. Sounds like it can take forever.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
628 members (10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 2,865 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,149
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.