Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Is it possible the kid got into the dumpster on his own? I live in a large Hispanic community, and they don't have the greatest track record of watching their kids. Just last summer a 2 year old was "playing unattended " at 9 pm near a river. Found him a month later 10 miles downstream...

GB1

jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My earliest memory is that of climbing into a pen with a big ol' bull, I was maybe 2 1/2 or so. Teenage brother jumped in, grabbed me and climbed the rails with me under his arm, probably saved me from getting stomped. Dad and Mom were right there but I guess I got away from them.

After two days, STILL absolutely no information available about how the baby got dead and in the dumpster. Nothing at all. Either the Cheyenne news org's are dropping the ball or the police have completely shut it down.

Last edited by jnyork; 02/21/21.

[Linked Image]
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by ledvm
We need to start back hanging these perpetrators on the courthouse square. They cannot be rehabilitated and demonstrating what happens...might save another child’s life.

Never should have stopped.

Judge: You have been found guilty and are sentenced to death by hanging. The sentence will be carried out in 3 days at noon. If you wish to appeal the decision you must submit by tomorrow at noon. If you do so the appeal will be heard the following morning.

Defendant: I will file an appeal.

Judge: Thank you, Your appeal is denied. Bailiff, take him to the gallows.

Defendant: That ain’t right!

Judge: It is in my court. Bailiff!

i believe this should be done again in America forever >> hang`em

Last edited by pete53; 02/21/21.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by jnyork

After two days, STILL absolutely no information available about how the baby got dead and in the dumpster. Nothing at all. Either the Cheyenne news org's are dropping the ball or the police have completely shut it down.

Perhaps it's an on going investigation and you're not entitled to know anything.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/21/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
We need to start back hanging these perpetrators on the courthouse square. They cannot be rehabilitated and demonstrating what happens...might save another child’s life.

Never should have stopped.

Judge: You have been found guilty and are sentenced to death by hanging. The sentence will be carried out in 3 days at noon. If you wish to appeal the decision you must submit by tomorrow at noon. If you do so the appeal will be heard the following morning.

Defendant: I will file an appeal.

Judge: Thank you, Your appeal is denied. Bailiff, take him to the gallows.

Defendant: That ain’t right!

Judge: It is in my court. Bailiff!

i believe this should be done again in America forever >> hang`em

Until it's us they are parading through on made up charges just to make us swing from the gallows. we're certainly a dying breed.....

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

Perhaps it's an on going investigation and you're not entitled to know anything.
How would that be the case? Who actually has the right and authority to decide what the public is entitled to know about such a grievous situation? Where is that specifically stated?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

So, the people of Cheyenne are not entitled to know there is some jerk running around killing babies and throwing them in a dumpster?

You sound like a cop and/or a democrat.

Last edited by jnyork; 02/21/21.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have noticed that Hispanic parents tend to let their toddlers and young children wander without supervision.

[Linked Image from ]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

So, the people of Cheyenne are not entitled to know there is some jerk running around killing babies and throwing them in a dumpster?

You sound like a cop and/or a democrat.

Not while it's an on-going investigation. Why would you want to tip off a suspect or influence the trial? If there was a public safety risk, it would be made public (ie a be on the lookout). Take a deep breath and realize you're clueless.

You sound like so.eone with no common sense

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/21/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by CCCC

How would that be the case? Who actually has the right and authority to decide what the public is entitled to know about such a grievous situation? Where is that specifically stated?

Probably within the policy of the investigating agency. If the public needs to know, they'll be informed (if safety is an issue). If it's an on going case, especially of such importance, they probably want to do it by the book. Which doesn't include releasing every detail of the case prior to an arrest.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Probably within the policy of the investigating agency. If the public needs to know, they'll be informed (if safety is an issue). If it's an on going case, especially of such importance, they probably want to do it by the book. Which doesn't include releasing every detail of the case prior to an arrest.

"Probably" is too vague an answer for most of this. Yes, the LEOs through their "procedures" have the power to suppress or keep info secret during the ubiquitous "ongoing investigation", but too often they do that because they can and not because it is the best thing to do, or legally prudent for the public. If you want a powerful example, look at the event involving the Las Vegas shooter/mass murderer. He was dead at the scene and no one else ever was charged with any direct involvement - but most of the info of interest to the tax-paying public was withheld and withheld.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L

Yes, I agree! Open to the public!

lightman
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J

"Probably" is too vague an answer for most of this. Yes, the LEOs through their "procedures" have the power to suppress or keep info secret during the ubiquitous "ongoing investigation", but too often they do that because they can and not because it is the best thing to do, or legally prudent for the public. If you want a powerful example, look at the event involving the Las Vegas shooter/mass murderer. He was dead at the scene and no one else ever was charged with any direct involvement - but most of the info of interest to the tax-paying public was withheld and withheld.

And that situation has nothing to do with the one we're discussing. It's OK that you don't know what you speak of, but stop acting like you do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

And that situation has nothing to do with the one we're discussing. It's OK that you don't know what you speak of, but stop acting like you do.

Absolutely no attempt there to relate one crime to another - it was presented as an example or LEO behavior with regard to release of data. I know for certain that the citizens who pay for all of the LE machinations have the right to know the facts they pay for in a timely manner. Having watched this "information management" pattern develop and unfold for more than 60 years, it is likely that I know at least as much as do you - and probably more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Is there some reason you need to know all the details other than just being curious? What good would it do for you to know the ongoing details? "Right to know" has no bearing on need to know.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Castorate those bastards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Is there some reason you need to know all the details other than just being curious? What good would it do for you to know the ongoing details? "Right to know" has no bearing on need to know.
Very good question. Personally, I don't feel the need to know "all of the details" in the general run of instances. I have very little curiosity about gory stuff or other folks' personal details. It is a matter of principle. It has to do with the undue management and withholding of information in general. Similar to bristling when there is an accident on Interstate 15 and the LEOs shut the whole thing down for hours to enable their "investigation" and maneuvers - apparent attempts at justification of their paychecks and certainly a display of "authority" - instead of simply getting the vehicles off the highway safely and opening the road. Yes - I have heard it - 'investigation for the insurance lawyers." Contrast the current disruptive tactics with the sensible way such things were done 40 years ago. Principle is involved. By the way - and I disagree - right to know has huge bearing in those instances when one needs to know. I do appreciate your inquiry.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Very good question. Personally, I don't feel the need to know "all of the details" in the general run of instances. I have very little curiosity about gory stuff or other folks' personal details. It is a matter of principle. It has to do with the undue management and withholding of information in general. Similar to bristling when there is an accident on Interstate 15 and they LEOs shut the whole thing down for hours to enable their "investigation" and maneuvers - apparent attempts at justification of their paychecks and certainly a display of "authority" - instead of simply getting the vehicles off the highway safely and opening the road. Yes - I have heard it - 'investigation for the insurance lawyers." Contrast the current disruptive tactics with the sensible way such things were done 40 years ago. Principle is involved. By the way - and I disagree - right to know has huge bearing in those instances when one needs to know. I do appreciate your inquiry.

So you're just a nosey do gooder looking for something to complain about?

Way to make a child's death about your wants. Classy.

Again, you (as someone not involved, family, victim, etc)) have zero right to know the details of an on going investigation. Period.

Ps I'd bet a dollar the suspect is currently in the clink.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 02/22/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Maybe they are trying to protect the mother of the child from undue public scrutiny.

Maybe they are trying to gather enough evidence to gain a conviction without tipping off the prime suspect that they know who she is.

Lots of reasons to keep your cards close to your chest in a case like this. Belay your morbid curiosity and let the cops do their job.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe they have this figured out and are trying to tie up all the loose ends and get their evidence secured without interference. You always try to have your evidence admissible. I know of a murderer that was released in Winnfield Louisiana a good many years ago because the cops got him to tell where the murder weapon was and he confessed to the killing after they continued to interrogate him after he requested to remain silent and asked for an attorney.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,595 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,887
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.