Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Article in Sunday's AJC from the Associated Press - How do we get to herd immunity.

It is short, it is a simple explanation and surprisingly it is basically accurate. Problem is it is on page A13 and nobody reads the newspaper anymore, only Yahoo! and Google headlines that are gleaned from the Huff Po and Salon.

The key to know is we get herd immunity when "we reach a disruption in the chain of transmission". In other words, when enough people have antibodies/immunity from whatever form that the virus has trouble finding hosts, the infection numbers will plummet.

Depending on who you want to believe, I'd say we are approaching that threshold. That also holds with the historical data that shows other respiratory pandemics peak out and drop after 12-14 months - with or without a vaccine. A vaccine will only hasten the drop in transmission.

The Left wants us to "follow the science". Funny how none of the people with those shirts and signs in their yards (yes, I've seen them. Next to their BLM signs in white neighborhoods) know zero about science beyond water boils at 212ºf at sea level.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Did the article put a number on herd immunity? I've heard, seen, read everything from 50-90%

It's just common sense when the virus has trouble finding the next person to infect, that it dies out, just haven't seen a consistent answer for what that is

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Did the article put a number on herd immunity? I've heard, seen, read everything from 50-90%

It's just common sense when the virus has trouble finding the next person to infect, that it dies out, just haven't seen a consistent answer for what that is
"Dying out" and "herd immunity" are relative terms. It's gonna be a longggg time before it's zero. But somewhere close to it is good enough.

Last edited by Tyrone; 02/22/21.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Simply amazing this sudden turn around stuff since Joe and da Ho ascended to the throne.
Amazing.........

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
Simply amazing this sudden turn around stuff since Joe and da Ho ascended to the throne.
Amazing.........

It would have happened if Trump won, anyway. Respiratory viruses tend to peter out within a year and a half on their own due to herd immunity.

The MSM isn't likely going to be trumpeting this message, since the establishment they serve is heavily invested in everyone in the developed (read White) world getting the "vaccine."

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Freefalling---

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Freefalling---

If this graph is accuarte, and I suspect it is, then we are achieving the goal of herd immunity right now. By Memorial Day the numbers will way down.

This follows other respiratory pandemics. Biden will of course take credit, but it has zero to do with him, and very little to do with the vaccine, though it will help. Normal progression of these things is the numbers skyrocket at the 8-12 month mark, and then crash. This graph shows t=just that.

I suspect that Biden and Co. will scary the nervous Nellies into wearing masks throughout the remained of 2021, and will claim it's the masks that did the dirty work, and they don't want to risk the virus making a comeback. Control over the masses, you know.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
We are already at herd immunity and have been for months.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by renegade50
Amazing.........

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Freefalling---

If this graph is accuarte, and I suspect it is, then we are achieving the goal of herd immunity right now. By Memorial Day the numbers will way down.

This follows other respiratory pandemics. Biden will of course take credit, but it has zero to do with him, and very little to do with the vaccine, though it will help. Normal progression of these things is the numbers skyrocket at the 8-12 month mark, and then crash. This graph shows t=just that.

I suspect that Biden and Co. will scary the nervous Nellies into wearing masks throughout the remained of 2021, and will claim it's the masks that did the dirty work, and they don't want to risk the virus making a comeback. Control over the masses, you know.

If you cut the whole thing by 70% you are probably approaching accuracy since there are numerous cases of medical staff sending blind QC samples (unused swabs) which came back with positive results...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I get my 2nd shot March 3. I be a transmission breaker then for double damn sho nuff

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea

If you cut the whole thing by 70% you are probably approaching accuracy since there are numerous cases of medical staff sending blind QC samples (unused swabs) which came back with positive results...

Not to mention that 40% of the recorded COVID19 deaths had listed as a comorbidity that the subject had also just suffered a gunshot wound.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I saw today that Germany is concerned about numbers rising again and the potential for a 3rd wave.

I've over this schit.

Fauci talking about wearing masks for a year

f' this guy.

Last edited by KFWA; 02/22/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari

The Left wants us to "follow the science". Funny how none of the people with those shirts and signs in their yards (yes, I've seen them. Next to their BLM signs in white neighborhoods) know zero about science beyond water boils at 212ºf at sea level.

Let’s be honest, they have no idea the boiling point of water is different at sea-level than at 10,000 ft.....

Where are we?

Well, SCIENCE has shown that about 40% of the population has resistance to C19 due to previous exposure to similar virus.

In Idaho, we have a diagnosed infection level just a bit over 10% of the population. Based on my personal experience, for every diagnosed person, there are three, maybe four people that do not get tested. So 30% of the population.

Add that up, and you are at 80%. Now we are vaccinating on top of that.

Stick a fork in her, she’s done.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Herd Immunity from virus, good luck with that. 98% of the people do not know when they have it. 99.998 survive after having it. Why are the numbers falling after the fraudulent elections?

Last edited by mtnsnake; 02/22/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It’s my understanding that around January 20 the WHO and CDC announced that they would reduce the # of cycles in the COVID test. I’m not exactly sure what that means but with fewer cycles of the sample, you’re less likely to get a positive test.

The numbers are down because they were held artificially high by a test regimen that should never have been used. The powers that be can manipulate the masses to believe what they want the masses to believe.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think that they will move the goalpost when things start getting better.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This is exactly what Alex Berenson was arguing for and for doing so he was demonized.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.