-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Crab/shrimp bait. The upright is for the edibles.

Yup.
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I plan on getting a small 5 cu ft chest freezer with Xiden's next check. I want to fill it up with prime beef. Maybe a road trip to Wabi's

Last edited by MM879; 02/22/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Many freezing up problems come from something on top the prevents a tight seal around the lid. Even a tiny gap will cause massive frosting. We have both types. A while back the upright door got blocked and was open slightly, maybe 1/8". It frosted badly and now needs to be defrosted.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
Keep it full, even old papers.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One chest and one upright that we defrost about every two years or so. Prefer the chest, but both are always bordering on full. Have a second 27 cu ft non functioning chest in the garage where it's an excellent mouse proof storage unit for half a ton of Cookie's bird seed.

1Minute
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Try to keep ice cream for a couple of months. Vanilla turns yellow and chocolate turns into gooey tarlike substance.
Who the hell lets any ice cream stay in a freezer for more than a week. That's not right. Ice cream should be rotated weekly, IMO.

my chest freezer is used for dead coyotes, frozen whole. Nothing else.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TRnCO
Try to keep ice cream for a couple of months. Vanilla turns yellow and chocolate turns into gooey tarlike substance.
Who the hell lets any ice cream stay in a freezer for more than a week. That's not right. Ice cream should be rotated weekly, IMO.

Dude,

slummy has to store at least a month's worth..................in case of an ice storm, or tornado, or a plague or something that causes a shortage at the Aldi's or wherever he gets his Blue Bell.

He's a smart one, and probably rotates the supply, but I have suspicions that Baby Huey he's always going on about gets in to find his favorite and screws up the rotational order.

Last edited by Valsdad; 02/22/21.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The chest units tend to be more efficient and effective - obviously some guys above have figured out how to manage them for reduced hassles. We had one when four kids were chowing down with us and the key was to keep rotating to the top and don't store what you are not going to use. We put the two older kids in charge of managing the thing - they don't mind digging in there and reorganizing. It went good bye when they all went off to colleges.

About 10 years ago we were given a 25 year old upright one of our married kids no longer wanted - it had been a hand-down to them - and we put it to good use. Moved it to our new location and after a month it went haywire. Almost took it to the dump, but decided to try one fix. After some shade-tree diagnosis, bought and installed a new defroster timer/thermostat unit ($17) and the thing revved up fine - keeping stuff at near zero. Lucky break. Maybe it will keep going and someone can use it after we kick the bucket.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any idea what's on the bottom? laugh
Yup.. Just cleaned/defrosted it about a month ago.. Good to do at least once/year... We used to have an upright.. Got rid of it.. Compared to a chest, they're not very efficient...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MM879
I plan on getting a small 5 cu ft chest freezer with Xiden's next check. I want to fill it up with prime beef. Maybe a road trip to Wabi's

Get one from Olson, he kills one once a week, sometimes just for given him side-eye.

LOL

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have a buddy that works off.

Left for 2 wks once.

Evidently his freezer quit 1 minute after he left.

Yup.

2 wks to spoil and Ripen.

Throwed the whole kit ‘n caboodle in the gully out back his place. Had to duck tape the lid sealed shut for safety. 🤪😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by MM879

Get one from Olson, he kills one once a week, sometimes just for given him side-eye.

LOL

LMAO!

Fuuck you cow, don't mess with me!

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

We have to eat it real slow, ya know with our three rotten teeth and all. It can be a painful treat.

LOL

honestly, stuff just gets forgotten about. Get to rummaging around for something else and go wow ice cream....open it up. Boooo!!! It’s ruined after only a couple months.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

We have to eat it real slow, ya know with our three rotten teeth and all. It can be a painful treat.

Can a backwoods Tennesseean, one from way back in a holler, get a brain freeze?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Any idea how much 5 cubic feet of beef is? A 1/2 or 1/4. Probably a 1/3. never heard of a 1/3.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jimmy Hoffa.

Black Cows Matter!
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
W
yes, the time I unplugged ours to use an electric drill to but forgot inttertube, and forgot! Bad meat!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Yes

Got one of them Route 44 oz slushies from Sonic last summer. Blue Powerade, I remember it specifically.

Come near close to blacking out and T-boning one of those church shuttles that doubles as a dialysis van.

I pulled on that straw like a blunt. Learned my lesson. That blue ice ain’t so nice

Go park in front of the Winn Dixie and just take your time, don’t live too fast or troubles will come and might not pass

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Yes

Got one of them Route 44 oz slushies from Sonic last summer. Blue Powerade, I remember it specifically.

Come near close to blacking out and T-boning one of those church shuttles that doubles as a dialysis van.

I pulled on that straw like a blunt. Learned my lesson. That blue ice ain’t so nice

Go park in front of the Winn Dixie and just take your time, don’t live too fast or troubles will come and might not pass

Fuggin' hilarious.

No wonder we keep you around this place.

In it is contentment

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Any idea what's on the bottom? laugh

Yep. Some of this year's venison. I always empty it when I cut meat (I put 4 deer in the freezer this year) and put the new meat down on the bottom and the stuff leftover from last season on top. I always put a layer of burger right on the bottom.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 52 invisible), 2,411 guests, and 1,201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,876
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.