Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
CCI Standard Velocity. Super dependable and it shoots well in just about every gun.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
My abilities aren't good enough to tell accuracy differences CCI SV & Green Tag, but my wallet knows the price diff. No more GT for me.

For sleeper ammo that sometimes gets overlooked because of the brand, this stuff is usually VG.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
All my .22LR's shoot this stuff good enough.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Upper right. My piece shot it pretty well.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Years ago when I was steadier I did a 10 shot group of the Wolf Target at 50 yds. The hole was 3/8 inch in diameter. Same rifle, early Savage Bull Barrel with accutrigger did a 1/2 inch 10 shot group with Remington Target. I'd love to load up on the Wolf Target when things calm down.

Last edited by IZH27; 02/15/21.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by IZH27
Years ago when I was steadier I did a 10 shot group of the Wolf Target at 50 yds. The hole was 3/8 inch in diameter. Same rifle, early Savage Bull Barrel with accutrigger did a 1/2 inch 10 shot group with Remington Target. I'd love to load up on the Wolf Target when things calm down.

About 2 years ago Wolf changed suplliers for their .22kr.

Back in beginning, it was just rebranded SK Jagd standard plus and match ammo. Now it is supplied by Eley.

IC B2

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Mine would have been the older supplier then. It was something over 15 years ago that I was testing these brands. Is it safe to assume that the quality is still there?

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
The old wolf is definitely good ammo. I have not had occasion to try any of the eley produced product yet.
Unfortunately with eley, I have not had much luck with any of their “middle of the road” offerings.

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by IZH27

About 2 years ago Wolf changed suplliers for their .22kr.

Back in beginning, it was just rebranded SK Jagd standard plus and match ammo. Now it is supplied by Eley.

Yep. The jury is still out on the "new" Wolf. Until and unless the supply chain gets close to what was normal, we won't have a chance to do much testing. I see that the usual sources for Euro target ammo are drying up, although it has taken longer than for the garden variety domestic ammo.

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Federal bulk has worked well for me across the board. It's certainly been the most reliable. CCI Mini-Mags for serious business and CCI Subsonic for my pistols.

I found out yesterday that my Ruger MK IV Tactical loves SK Standard Plus. Shoots minute-of-ptarmigan/spruce chikin head at 25yrds. Figures it would be one of the most expensive and scarce brands in my supply line. Fortunately CCI Subsonic runs pretty close and I have a metric schitt ton of it.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
U
U
My guns have always shot the PMC Scoremaster into tiny groups. I bought a few bricks before it was discontinued around 2008ish? Otherwise CCI Standard velocity is pretty consistent (and still produced!)

IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Since the subject has come up...this Eley with the Remington brand on it...have you folks given it any testing? It is pricey enough, it should be darn good.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Mgw619: I hope the folks here (including you!) have the luxury of "choosing" the 22 L.R. ammo they will be shooting in the upcoming couple of years!
I know if I didn't have a lifetime supply on hand right now I would NOT be able to shop and choose which ammo I preferred - I base this on the last several months of shopping in dozens of stores/shops in three states with NO luck.
I have several Rifles that shoot the Federal 36 grain hollow-point bulk pack ammo quite well - and its perky on small game and Varmints.
My other on hand favorite is the Winchester 40 grain Power-Point hollow-points and I use this in my higher dollar heavy barrel bolt action 22 Rifles.
Again I wish you well in your shopping - I know I have not only NOT seen ANY of my favored 22 L.R. ammo on a stores shelves but I have NOT seen any of the munitions pictured by others on this thread. for many months now.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Since the subject has come up...this Eley with the Remington brand on it...have you folks given it any testing? It is pricey enough, it should be darn good.

Tried both Eley Remington Club (orange label) and Eley Remington Target (yellow label). The Club stayed mostly in a 1" square with a couple landing outside of ot. The Target was 6 out of 10 with four landing just outside the square. I'm shooting a newish Ruger 22/45 MK IV Tactical with a crappy trigger and topped with a Swampfox Kingslayer RDS. I was shooting into a squirrelly crosswind. Between that and the trigger, I'm pretty sure I threw the misses rather than the ammo. None of the HV Eley stuff I have shot very well for me in the MK IV nor did the SS Hollow.

Yesterday I had a flat calm day and chewed the center out of the 1" square with 20 shots of CCI Standard Velocity and only 4 going outside the black.

I have a Volquartsen trigger kit that I just haven't installed yet. I'm sure that will tighten things up a bit when I do.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I still have a lot of Wolf , which for price is my favorite.
Just plinking with my pistols, I like CCI std. Vel. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by UPhiker
CCI Standard Velocity. Super dependable and it shoots well in just about every gun.

This.

Yup.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by AKduck

This.

My experience as well.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKduck

This.

I agree

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
IF you can find it, Geco Semi-Auto is pretty good for a budget ammo. It averages .368" at 50 yards in my CZ 512, a little carbine that is a remarkably good shooter. That's with a 3-9 scope on it, too. I picked up a case of it last spring, when I realized just how good it is in that rifle. My other CZs (all boltguns) don't like it quite that much, but it sure is great in my little 512 Carbine. That little rifle has pretty much retired my 10/22s, it's that much better.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
M
Mgw619 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Thanks for the responses. I guess it's all a mute point at this time with nothing being available unless someone would like to sell me some of their suggestions. Seems like CCI SV has received the most praise on here

You'll shoot your eye out
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In my T1X I’ve tried a large selection of ‘budget’ ammo, but no fancy stuff. And I haven’t had any CCI sv yet. The best shooting stuff I have is the Blazer ammo, with the Fed Auto Match being good also. What I actually use these days for varmint control is some rather old Remington Golden HP ammo. It shoots almost as well as the Blazer, and the HP bullet is way more effective on yard pests.

From what I can tell, best accuracy can be had with the round nose bullets. I’ve been looking for the most accurate HP bullet.

Just to say it, the least accurate ammo I have is Remington Thunderbolt.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1moredeer, 48 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,236
Posts18,466,731
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.