Print Thread
Hop To
M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Cooper Tire has been sold to Goodyear. Cooper Tire will have to lower their quality to fit in the Goodyear family.
Cooper Tire Sale

Last edited by MM879; 02/22/21.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Shame...

Cooper = Excellent

Goodyear = Sucks a dead elephant dong bad.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Interesting article. I did not know that about all US tires are considered second tier. I am driving Continental tires in axle dragging weather. They perform fantastic. I thought that HT tires would have problems in the winter. So far none.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bummer, I always liked cooper tires. I run the cobra's on my old vette and have run the AT's on the pickups

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry to hear this and glad I just put a new and likely last set of Coopers on my truck. They last a long time.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Sorry to hear this and glad I just put a new and likely last set of Coopers on my truck. They last a long time.

I did the same Saturday. 10ply, 65K warranty.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Four or five months ago I was yakking about Nokian load range e tires.

I had caught a clearance at Walmart.

When the tires arrived I had a manufacture date of 4 years ago. Elkslayer got his panties in a bunch that this would make them blow up.

Long story short I ended up with about 20 of these tires for various fleet vehicles that we maintain.

I think they've been marked down from $160 to something like $70 or $75.

Anyway, they were all sold out and that was that.

Nokian is a top Quality Tire maker out of Finland. I would rate the quality of the tire equal with any Michelin I've ever owned.

Anyway, checking Walmart to see if they were clearancing out Cooper Tires apparently they have more nokians back in stock at $96 apiece delivered.

If they don't fit your size rim or you're not interested my apologies for wasting your time. Otherwise, if you run a 265 75 16 e I consider them to be an outstanding tire value.

I have no idea of the manufacture date of these exact tires. The previous batch was cheaper most probably because they were older manufacture date.

I have no further insight.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nokian-Rotiiva-HT-265-75R16-123-S-Tire/50296365

Only sharing because a quality E tire under $100 is noteworthy to some.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

M
MM879 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by CashisKing

When the tires arrived I had a manufacture date of 4 years ago. Elkslayer got his panties in a bunch that this would make them blow up.

Long story short I ended up with about 20 of these tires for various fleet vehicles that we maintain.

Nokian is a top Quality Tire maker out of Finland. I would rate the quality of the tire equal with any Michelin I've ever owned.

Anyway, checking Walmart to see if they were clearancing out Cooper Tires apparently they have more nokians back in stock at $96 apiece delivered.

If they don't fit your size rim or you're not interested my apologies for wasting your time. Otherwise, if you run a 265 75 16 e I consider them to be an outstanding tire value.

I have no idea of the manufacture date of these exact tires. The previous batch was cheaper most probably because they were older manufacture date.

Those tire are OEM on a lot of vehicles. I would bet that the OEM's cancelled some orders.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

hmmmmm

just last week ordered 2 Cooper ST Maxx for my custom off road trailer build

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by MM879
Cooper Tire has been sold to Goodyear. Cooper Tire will have to lower their quality to fit in the Goodyear family.
Cooper Tire Sale

hate to hear this.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CashisKing

Unfrickenbelievable! How dare you try to do a nice thing and help some folks out. Karma gonna git ya, bruh.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've never had good experiences with Cooper tires. It mean nothing to me. The last two sets I had might as well been square the way they rode.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Cooper tires suck.

The store up here that sells them is outstanding.

Thats why we end up with Coopers once in a while.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nothing but good to say about Coopers MAX , 10 ply M&S here.Theses have been the only ones where the sidewalls are stiff enough that they don't rollging around corners with heavy loads and pressure at max.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I just put these Cooper's on my truck this month.Good smooth riding tire at a good price.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Cooper-Discoverer-A-T-All-Season-265-70R17-115T-Tire/392022338

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
As Bob Hagel would say"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."Good words of wisdom...............
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Damn.... I like Cooper tires but after Goodyear got "woke" I WON"T buy a thing from them. I guess I'll be looking for the next American made tire to buy.

I sure could go for some $2.50/gal gas and a mean tweet!

NRA Benefactor member, disgruntled.
Life member: Firearms Owners Against Crime.
Life member: GOA
Member: RMEF

TRUMP 2020

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 3,010 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,336
Posts18,468,682
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.