Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I had this guy show up for the first time in a long time. I guess with all the raccoons, rabbits and possums hanging out at the feeder, it's a good place for the cat to play. A raccoon was under the feeder 7 minutes after the bobcat left.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 10/15/20.
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I haven't seen a buck on camera since I applied my lime and fertilizer 2 weeks ago. Mom and her kid are still regulars. I planted my rye over the weekend. With a hurricane approaching I should get enough rain to get it settled in and started. Just hope I still have a pole barn and camper when it's done. Squirrel season opened over the weekend.

Nice shelter for your camper. I've always liked that idea. Do you have a place to hang deer up close by?

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim1611
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I haven't seen a buck on camera since I applied my lime and fertilizer 2 weeks ago. Mom and her kid are still regulars. I planted my rye over the weekend. With a hurricane approaching I should get enough rain to get it settled in and started. Just hope I still have a pole barn and camper when it's done. Squirrel season opened over the weekend.

Nice shelter for your camper. I've always liked that idea. Do you have a place to hang deer up close by?

The pole barn has been working well. Sun and rain play hell on RV's, so this helps with both. Gambrel, strap and front end loader on the tractor is the plan for a deer.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Activity really tailed off over the past month. I figure with the acorns dropping that they are sticking to the hardwood bottoms. My spike came back last week for a quick visit and a basket rack six pointer came in a few nights ago. I had to high tail it over to the camp today to make it ready for the damn hurricane. I planted my rye 3 weeks ago and it is coming in nicely. The doe and her fawn are regulars. The fawn is straying further from mom these days.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 10/27/20.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
nice!!

Molon Labe
IC B2

G
GRF Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Thanks for all the updates Paul.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GRF
Thanks for all the updates Paul.

Looking at the weather the camp is getting slammed by 80 MPH winds. I hope it makes out as well as we did at the house.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I had about a dozen pines down at the camp. That didn't bother me at all. I lost two massive oaks. I am bummed about that. I got things cleaned up. My rye has come in really good. This is the view from my stand. I thought I was seeing double with the deer pic. They were in there 20 minutes after I climbed down from the stand where I took the pic.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
This was the dominant buck from the camp this year. He rarely made daytime appearances. In fact, it was only about once or twice a week when any deer showed up during legal shooting light. It's a great place to kill time though. I must say, I am getting the bug to do some serious hunting.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 77 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,118
Posts18,464,562
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.